Am I the only one too Lazy to Lug a lot of stuff onboard?

parrotthead

With all the talk of smuggleing booze,

and

How Much Soda Can I Bring?

and

Where do you pack your Water ?

It leaves me wondering, Am I the Only One who is just too Dang Lazy to Lug those things OnBoard with me? :confused:

I dont really drink Sodas, so if I want a GingerAle, I just buy one.

If DP wants a Coke, she will just get one from the MiniBar or go to the Bar and buy one when she feels like it.

I do drink a Lot of Water, so I just use the Large bottles from the MiniBar ($4 each, I use about 6/7 on a 5nt cruise) and may get one or two Cold ones from a bar while we are around the ship...

Is it Just me?:o

?????

Nope I am the same way! I am planning on bringing the allowed bottle of wine on but if I asked me DH to lug on a bunch of different drinks he would look at me like I am crazy and just say Ill pay for it on the ship. My father does bring on all the allowed sodas and stuff.

I am the same way! We are not soda drinkers or big alcohol drinkers, so we just buy what we want on the ship. We budget stuff like that into our vacation, if I had to worry about buying some water or some other drinks I would rethink going on vacation at all.

Nope I am the same way! I am planning on bringing the allowed bottle of wine on but if I asked me DH to lug on a bunch of different drinks he would look at me like I am crazy and just say Ill pay for it on the ship. My father does bring on all the allowed sodas and stuff.

lol. We bring a few regular bottles of water in the backpack we carry onboard, but thats gone the first day, and really more for while Im waiting in the terminal.

DP is the same way...she says 'Id rather pay for it then Carry it!' ;)

Nope. Not just you. I take a water bottle because I can refill it and take it around with me as I drink alot of water. I also dont drink soda and my husband drinks ice tea. I will take the two bottles of wine we are allowed per the rules, but I will not break rules by smuggling things onboard. I have always taught my children to obey the rules and I would not be an example if I broke the rules. If I want a drink other than the wine,(which I will want one) I will buy it onboard. I plan on having one of the best times of my life without lugging a bunch of stuff onboard or without drinking myself silly...:D

Nope! :) We're the same way I get the bottomless bubbles as I do drink more soda on a cruise than at home. I found years ago a couple of ginger ales a day work great and no matter what the seas are like I feel great! We don't try to sneak booze on board as well...drinks just taste better when someone else makes them. After all isn't that what a vacation is all about....letting someone else do the work? ;)

When we had 3 drinking sodas and could hand the folks a case to bring to our room we did- 1 time. Nobody was drinking that much and it worked well. As far as the rest of it- we bring the wine because I prefer my own selection. And the wine I order online and have delivered to our hotel the day before we arrive so I don't have to run around worrying about that either. So no- you are not alone at all.

You are definitely not alone. DH drinks A LOT of soda, he doesn't drink coffee and needs the caffeine to get moving, so we buy a soda sticker for him. I don't think the allowed amount of soda would get him through the week anyway.

I will drink coffee or iced tea and just buy a soda here or there if I want one.

We also budget this in from the start. We only get oceanview rooms instead of balcony rooms so we have extra wiggle room in the budget.

We don't drink a whole lot, but I would much rather have a waiter bring me a fruity beverage by the pool and drink my smuggled booze in my cabin.

But, everyone has different preferences and priorities. Not carrying all that stuff happens to be one of mine.

Hmmm... Lazy vs cheap? What if you are both? :p

I dont think thats it... we do buy the sodas, water and adult beverages onboard....nope I think its Lazy... ;)

BTW , do you bring on the 1 bottle of wine?

We used to bring a bottle of Champagne, but after carrying it on and carrying it back off a few times we stopped doing that too. We might buy a bottle or glass, but dont bring our own anymore...

... Am I the Only One who is just too Dang Lazy to Lug those things OnBoard with me? :confused:

?????

When I sail with my family of four, we definitely bring our full allotment of soda. Forty-eight cokes from Costco vs. four soda-cards? It's not even close.

We also bring two bottles of champagne. I drink them both and it is the perfect amount for a week. If they changed the rules, I'd drink a lot more of that fabulous lemonade.

When I sail with my family of four, we definitely bring our full allotment of soda. Forty-eight cokes from Costco vs. four soda-cards? It's not even close.

I can see that... and Im not saying its bad...(or anything) its allowed and works out great for many people... to me its just something else to have to pack/bring. :o

If they changed the rules, I'd drink a lot more of that fabulous lemonade.

lol...I guess I will have to try the Lemonade. :pWe are bringing the "Traveling GingerBaby" (8 mos old) this time...Im already bummed out/freakin out/ stressed out about having to take all the stuff for him....(formula/bottles/diapers/wipes/diaper disposal bags/etc/etc/etc) :rolleyes:

This last cruise my DH brought the small cans of sprite 8 pk, and I had a 12 pk dr pepper and a bottle of champagne. I folded up a soft sided cooler in the carryon luggage and put ice in it for the four days. It was less costly.

It was a pain till our room opened up , but well worth it. It was mostly gone except about 4 cans of dr pepper. We took home with us.

When we cruised on the Miracle, I just chucked my 12 pack of diet pepsi into a small rolling suitcase and rolled it onboard - not really a hassle.

I like to order room service and I really like to enjoy a can of diet pepsi with my tuna sandwich.

I will enjoy the occasional different soda from the mini bar (and pay for it) but I prefer a different brand than what's offered on the ship and enjoy the convenience of having it available in my cabin (a box of 12 versus the two diet cokes in the mini bar).

I can't be bothered to bring on wine or smuggle booze - if I want a drink, it's usually when I'm out and about and I'm too lazy to go back to the cabin for my alcohol.

and

and

It leaves me wondering, Am I the Only One who is just too Dang Lazy to Lug those things OnBoard with me? :confused:

If DP wants a Coke, she will just get one from the MiniBar or go to the Bar and buy one when she feels like it.

I do drink a Lot of Water, so I just use the Large bottles from the MiniBar ($4 each, I use about 6/7 on a 5nt cruise) and may get one or two Cold ones from a bar while we are around the ship...

?????

Hello Parrothead, I guess it just depends on the people...hubby and I carry on soda because there is simply no way to justify buying 2 soda cards, we would not even come close to being able to drink that much, however we do like mixing our coconut rum with soda, so we do bring on a couple of 12 packs. Now if the soda sticker included red bull, other energy drinks and specialty coffee we would probably get the sticker we also drink a lot of water but have found that we are ok with drinking the ships water. Anyway, hope that helps to answer you question:D

Lazy or cheap I don't do it. I lugged a case of water on board once. A girl's trip so I thought between the 6 of us we could use it. At the end of the week it was still there maybe missing 4 or 5 bottles. It just wasn't worth it to me. Our thing was when we wanted some water we were no where near our room. So we drank whatever was close..water, tea or lemonade.

and

and

?????

Agree totally................I am too dang lazy. Happy w/coffee,tea & lemonade & a DOD !

I know buying soda and food is cheaper at the grocery store, and cheaper to eat at home, but I still go out to restaruants, and buy food, and drink soda, at higher prices, because I want to be served, and accept it. The soda care is not that much more expensive, and the last thing on my vacation that I want to do, while sitting in a club, at a show, by the pool etc, is to run back to my room to grab my soda, and come back. I want to be served, and I want it to be convenient.

That is why, I never bring soda on board, and as far as water, it's free, so why bother.......

I am too dang lazy to lug water or soda on board. I dont drink much soda at home, so I dont need it when Im on a cruise and have never missed soda when I have been on cruises before! And I do actually open, use and pay the 4.95? for that bottle of water in the stateroom, though the one bottle does last a week. But I am not too lazy to bring my one 750ml bottle of wine on board with me:D, and it does not last a week.:(

We have been there done that......not gonna do it again. So not worth the hassle. Back in the day when you could smuggle and get away with it, I will admit of being VERY guilty of smuggling, but those days are a thing of the past.

Just not worth the hassle, I guess I am lazy too!!;):)

I know buying soda and food is cheaper at the grocery store, and cheaper to eat at home, but I still go out to restaruants, and buy food, and drink soda, at higher prices, because I want to be served, and accept it. The soda care is not that much more expensive, and the last thing on my vacation that I want to do, while sitting in a club, at a show, by the pool etc, is to run back to my room to grab my soda, and come back. I want to be served, and I want it to be convenient.

That is why, I never bring soda on board, and as far as water, it's free, so why bother.......

Interesting perspective. I go out for meals once in a while, too. But I'm not too likely to go out for 21 meals in a row at home.

I guess I don't think of it as "running back to my room". I think of it as, "hmmm, I'm going to the pool for the day ... I bet I'll want something to drink ... Maybe I'll take a couple cans of coke with me".

You want to be served. That's not my thing, to have people serving me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lazy? I work smart, not harder. If I wanted to lug a bunch of stuff with me on vacation I'd go camping.

I thought bringing my own soda was working/travelling smarter, not harder.

And I love camping!!

Archived