Setting Up A Meet N Greet

dshefter

When we sailed on the Coral Princess, I was able to e-mail a contact at Princess to set up a meeting place on the ship for our Meet N Greet. We did it on the first sea day.

Does anyone know who the contact people at Carnival might be? We are sailing on the Dream in December.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

When we sailed on the Coral Princess, I was able to e-mail a contact at Princess to set up a meeting place on the ship for our Meet N Greet. We did it on the first sea day.

Does anyone know who the contact people at Carnival might be? We are sailing on the Dream in December.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Depends on what you want. If you just want to get together with the people from the roll call, just set a time and place. That's what we did on our Legend cruise last spring.

If you want a room with maybe food and drinks set up in advance rather than just being near a bar, then maybe Carnival would get involved.

Set it up among your roll call. Just decide on a place and time.

Carnival has tried to have a set time, like 2 pm first sea day, to give you a open room, but thats all they do. You can just agree on a meeting place and time too.

People were not showing up when Carnival tried to set things up or something and it sounds to me like even having a set place and time for CC fell thru. So people are back to doing it on their own.

Depends on what you want. If you just want to get together with the people from the roll call, just set a time and place. That's what we did on our Legend cruise last spring.

If you want a room with maybe food and drinks set up in advance rather than just being near a bar, then maybe Carnival would get involved.

You can do the open party, but then someone ahead of time has to collect the $11.44 for drinks, more if its with snacks, .. its doing the collecting ahead of time for one person that gets sticky if you want Carnival in on the planning of a official party.

I know roll calls that have done this too.

Thanks for the advice. We'll probably just try to set something up among the group. Don't want to get formal with drinks and stuff.

Anyone know of a good room on the Dream to have a quiet get together? Would assume a bar area that is not crowded during the day.

I am attempting to do one for my upcoming Splendor cruise. I have not heard back from Carnival yet. Im just looking for a particular space with a cash bar.

Thus far Princess' process was much more efficient for me. Too bad Carnival isn't as helpful or responsive (yet).

Thanks for the advice. We'll probably just try to set something up among the group. Don't want to get formal with drinks and stuff.

Anyone know of a good room on the Dream to have a quiet get together? Would assume a bar area that is not crowded during the day.

I am attempting to do one for my upcoming Splendor cruise. I have not heard back from Carnival yet. Im just looking for a particular space with a cash bar.

Thus far Princess' process was much more efficient for me. Too bad Carnival isn't as helpful or responsive (yet).

If you guys would like to drop me an email I can help getting M&Ms set up on the ships...

My email address is in my signature block...

:)

To do an open bar with fishy crackers, call Group Services at Carnival and they will arrange a room for you. You need 20 people. I did one on the Dream and we used the piano bar- one of our roll call was a wonderful pianist and wanted to play. It was great! Including tips it is about $11.50 per person for an hour. Easiest way to do it is to have an email address to have people let you know how many, bill them using paypal, adding a bit for the paypal fees and id for the party. The group organizer will be charged onboard on the sign and sail card.

Oops- Mach snuck in while I was writing.

If it is a relatively quiet (daytime) area you are looking for, I would suggest the Ocean Plaza area where the coffee shop is. There is inside and outside seating, so the group can decide where they want to mingle. Enjoy planning! :D

Thanks for all the great advice. At this point, we have no idea how many people will be meeting. Our Roll Call is just getting started. We had around 40 on the Coral Princess. We did not set up any formal cash bar or snacks. We just met in one of the bars and a couple members of the ship's staff came down and introduced ourselves and gave a brief welcome talk.

Archived