Phila Parking

Hi

I park at Philly airport all the time for business, and I am female

The economy parking has a shuttle that takes you from lot to terminal and back - I always park near one of the "bus houses" - it is well lite while I don't usually come home late at night I do travel early in the AM - the only problem I have is on return the buses are CROWDED and lugging luggage (no help from driver) is tough!

About a year or so ago a friend recommended KINNEY Parking, which is right off Essington Ave, one exit before airport - real easy to get to - but I'm not good at giving directions - you park you car and they have a shuttle that takes you to airport - and drops you at departures - and they help with luggage - upon return you call them after you get your bags and they are there in a few minutes - I don't hink I have ever waited longer than 10-15 minutes - the rates are 10.50 per day and they take AAA and give you a discount - not sure how much as I write off my expense - I just remember the big sign $10.50 per day

Hope this helps!

Marie wants to know about parking at the CRUISE TERMINAL, not at the airport, guys! She only lives about 20 miles from the pier.

Marie, here is the link to the parking: http://cruisephilly.org/directions/parking/ If you look all around this site, you'll see other information about the Philadelphia Cruise Facilities. I know that you were specifically asking about the security there, but I don't have any first-hand experience yet. I would expect it to be fine. It's fine at the airport, and it was fine at Royal Caribbean's cruise terminal in Bayonne, so I wouldn't have any concerns about leaving my car in the lot for a week.

We are going to either drive ourselves or just get a friend to drop us off. If we do that, we can easily justify the cost of a cab home.

Carol

(when are you cruising?)

You know, considering how close the pier is to the airport, it wouldn't surprise me if all the local parking places that specialize in driving you to the airport, either in their van or in your own car, start adding service to the pier. I have been using Winner Lincoln-Mercury on Essington Avenue when I want to park at the airport, and they have discount coupons all over, plus they honor "competitors' coupons".

If they would drive us to the ship, I'd probably park there, since the "offical" on-site parking is charging $10, and has to be paid in cash up front. Here is their current pricing, from an ad:

"Valet Rate: Winner Airport Valet Parking charges $6.89 per Calendar Day (Plus 15% city tax). You are charged the day you come in, and the day you return, unless you return before 11 AM. Any vehicle that returns before 11 am will not incur a daily charge. For an additional $9.99 you can have your car dropped off airport curb side upon return and leave directly from the airport."

Carol

I would agree that there are probably cheaper options. I parked at the cruise terminal about 6 years ago and had no problems. It is a garage and as I recall you had to have cruise docs to enter the navy yard and garage.

You know, considering how close the pier is to the airport, it wouldn't surprise me if all the local parking places that specialize in driving you to the airport, either in their van or in your own car, start adding service to the pier. I have been using Winner Lincoln-Mercury on Essington Avenue when I want to park at the airport, and they have discount coupons all over, plus they honor "competitors' coupons".

If they would drive us to the ship, I'd probably park there, since the "offical" on-site parking is charging $10, and has to be paid in cash up front. Here is their current pricing, from an ad:

"Valet Rate: Winner Airport Valet Parking charges $6.89 per Calendar Day (Plus 15% city tax). You are charged the day you come in, and the day you return, unless you return before 11 AM. Any vehicle that returns before 11 am will not incur a daily charge. For an additional $9.99 you can have your car dropped off airport curb side upon return and leave directly from the airport."

Carol

I totally agree with you Merion Mom. I ALWAYS use Winner Valet whenever I travel. & the extra $10 curbside pickup on your way home is the best ever - no going back to the office to complete your trip, leave right from the airport. & again, I agree that with the lot so close to both the airport & the cruise terminal, you can probably use it for both.

Barbara from Philly

Archived