Triumph or Elation

txtara

I think there is a recent thread asking the same thing with lots of good points for either.

Im on Triumph MONDAY :)

I did Elation twice last year, my 5th time on Triumph. I prefer Galveston, so Triumph is worth paying a little extra, but not more than $100 extra or so. Hotels are more expensive as is parking in NOLA so I count overall cost when picking.

Thoughts?

We've been on both and liked both.

Yeah, Triumph is bigger, but I like the size of the Elation and

the layout better.

Not many balconies on the Elation compared to the Triumph...so that

could make a difference if you were wanting a balcony.

Well, actually ALL the balconies on the Elation are suites to be more accurate.

Both ships are about the same age. With the Triumph being a year newer.

Honestly, it wouldn't matter to me. I had no real complaints about either.

In my mind, I always compare them to the Fantasy, which was my first cruise

I loved it and nothing has lived up to that cruise.

and you know what they always say about your "first time"

I've been on both and I vote for the Triumph all the way! Love the big screen and the corresponding seating/lounging/sunning areas! As stated...many more balcony cabins. In fact a spa balcony is my favorite cabin so far(we had cabin 1115). Honestly...only about 6 steps and you're OUTSIDE! I also liked the buffet arrangement and the New World pool/bar area. Overall the Triumph is a nicer/newer ship.

I've sailed the Elation twice and the Triumph twice. I definitely like both, but like Triumph a bit more. I like the big screen outside, the availability of balcony rooms and it just feels "grander" to me. Can't go wrong with either ship, though.

I've been on the Triumph once and the Elation twice. Both ships have their pros and cons. If I could take what I love about both ships and put them together I'd have my favorite cruise ship ever :) I liked our stateroom for 3 better on the Triumph. I liked the lido deck food areas better on the Elation. I liked that the Triumph had the outdoor movie screen. I liked Camp Carnival better on the Triumph. I like the promenade deck on the Elation better. I think the Elation is just a better looking ship in the inside common areas.

Tough choice. In the end, I think either way you go would be good.

I am a balcony snob so the Triumph would be the winner for me. The only thing I did not like about the Triumph is the lack of refrigeratorsi in the cabins, like the Fantasy class ships. Every now and then, I like to raid the mini bar.

With no hesitation, Triumph all the way!! I have not been on Elation, but I have been on 2 of her sister ships, and I will never cruise on a Fantasy class ship again. I love the Triumph. She is a beautiful ship with great production shows and crew.

Archived