Costa Concordia SINKING!

cruiserfanfromct

If things don't come out during the trial (or even if they do,) just wait for the book. Everyone involved in scandals gets book offers these days. :rolleyes:
Yes, very true - forgot about that. She'll definitely be able to shop her story around and sell to the highest bidder, but do you think there's enough material for a whole book? Will she live happily ever after with the proceeds? She does hold the Miss Concordia title no one will be able to usurp that! :D

In the second video at around 1:36 or 1:37 there is a brief flash of what looks like a woman in a sleeveless black dress, but if it is, she looks much thicker in the arms than Cemorton. Much, much thicker.

Including Cemorton, the video commentary identifies 15 people.

You can compare arms with this video. It's her dancing. The video does break away from her for a few seconds but then goes back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBFH6NnKwjU

In the second video at around 1:36 or 1:37 there is a brief flash of what looks like a woman in a sleeveless black dress, but if it is, she looks much thicker in the arms than Cemorton. Much, much thicker.

Including Cemorton, the video commentary identifies 15 people.

Hi Milaandra. Just trying to confirm if I have the same second video as you. I have the video from

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doN909fxZRI

I am unable to see the women 1:36

We can see the list of the ship at 0:34 to 0:49 watching the people of the bridge moving. As they move from left of screen to right of screen they look as if they are moving down a steep slope and then as they move from right of screen to left of screen they are making their way up a considerable slope.

Is the vision taken by Domnica?

I would assert that Domnica IS NOT the camera person. If you follow the video from 7:04 there is no sound of footsteps. At 7:13 I assert that there is a door latch closing BEHIND the camera operator and then we then can hear the footsteps. At 7:28 we can still hear those footsteps even though the camera vision is not making forward progress as if the camera person is stationary and the footstep person is catching up.

If Domnica is the camera operator and is still in evening wear, and thus heels, we should expect to hear her footsteps all the time from 7:04 onwards, but we don't.

Who is the camera person?? How did he/she get the vision? Was he/she there to film the fly by? Why did it take so long to get out? Why is it out?

Can any poster translate the bridge communication, not the voice over commentary?

Found her at 1:36!!! ( fantastic spotting Milaandra)

Middle of screen,in the top left group of people near instruments bathed in red light, between others on the bridge, and also if you pause at 1:39 you can see her face in profile, looks as if she has blonde hair which would be a good match for Domnica. Hence she didn't take the footage.

Aboard my ship, cell phones, video and tape recorders are not allowed by the company and you will not be able to even board the helicopter for the flight out to the rig with any recording equipment. During a major screw up, the company doesn't want any leaks, no pun intended.

Hard to enforce these days. "Tape" is an outdated term in today's market, both audio and video. If someone wanted to record they can and will. There's a plethora of devices available quite affordably; that can take DVD quality and better video 100% surreptitiously.

The better ones will actually use the tiniest imager and send the data with top grade encryption over dynamic spread spectrum frequency bands to a receiver which has its own remote gateway to a private cloud. This way if the device is discovered and disabled/destroyed footage is already safe up to that point.

Point is if you want your area secured it involves many layers of security, frequent sweeps and an extremely limited visitor policy, etc. Since the bridge area is not what I call a sensitive environment this does not happen.

Cheers,

Norman

The better ones will actually use the tiniest imager and send the data with top grade encryption over dynamic spread spectrum frequency bands to a receiver which has its own remote gateway to a private cloud. This way if the device is discovered and disabled/destroyed footage is already safe up to that point......

Cheers,

Norman

Wow how things have changed in the last 10-20 years. When I was younger all we could dream of was Dick Tracey's watch and Maxwell Smart's phone shoe. :D:D

Wow how things have changed in the last 10-20 years. When I was younger all we could dream of was Dick Tracey's watch and Maxwell Smart's phone shoe. :D:D
:) Oz about 12 yrs ago I remember a ship's electrician getting the boot for installing pinhole camera's above the beds in cabins.

Found her at 1:36!!! ( fantastic spotting Milaandra)

Middle of screen,in the top left group of people near instruments bathed in red light, between others on the bridge, and also if you pause at 1:39 you can see her face in profile, looks as if she has blonde hair which would be a good match for Domnica. Hence she didn't take the footage.

The person at 1:36-1:39 is far to "hefty" to be the blonde in question, IMHO. This person (black top sleeveless) also appears at 1:17. Almost looks like a man.

Hard to enforce these days. "Tape" is an outdated term in today's market, both audio and video. If someone wanted to record they can and will. There's a plethora of devices available quite affordably; that can take DVD quality and better video 100% surreptitiously.

The better ones will actually use the tiniest imager and send the data with top grade encryption over dynamic spread spectrum frequency bands to a receiver which has its own remote gateway to a private cloud. This way if the device is discovered and disabled/destroyed footage is already safe up to that point.

Point is if you want your area secured it involves many layers of security, frequent sweeps and an extremely limited visitor policy, etc. Since the bridge area is not what I call a sensitive environment this does not happen.

Cheers,

Norman

Norman,

Being over 100 miles offshore and having your person and all luggage searched at the heliport does keep unauthorized devices off the rig. Of course on the bridge we have access to company owned camera and other equipment under lock, so I have used it to show family and friends my work area. Here is how I commute to work. This is in the North Sea, not a good cruising area. I fly out from Aberdeen, Scotland.

Image24964x690.jpg

Yours truly at the ballast control panel. The black eye was not from a bar (pub) fight, but from training in Aberdeen, escaping from an overturned helicopter fuselage underwater.

Image33968x692.jpg

Norman,

Being over 100 miles offshore and having your person and all luggage searched at the heliport does keep unauthorized devices off the rig. Of course on the bridge we have access to company owned camera and other equipment under lock, so I have used it to show family and friends my work area. Here is how I commute to work.

Yes in a conventional sense that will work. I will leave it at that. ;)

Cheers,

Norman

Yes in a conventional sense that will work. I will leave it at that. ;)

Cheers,

Norman

The crew is cool with it. They don't want to lose their job trying to sneak contraband out to the rig. I was a bit surprised to see on rig video leaked from BP's rig in the Gulf of Mexico.

Hi Milaandra. Just trying to confirm if I have the same second video as you. I have the video from

Can any poster translate the bridge communication, not the voice over commentary?

I think a better question would be unless the rules have change why were the officers communicating in Italian.

The person at 1:36-1:39 is far to "hefty" to be the blonde in question, IMHO. This person (black top sleeveless) also appears at 1:17. Almost looks like a man.

The person at 1:17 I agree is more likely to be a man. Appears to me to be wearing a shortsleeve white undershirt under a dark vest. I've added a screen- capture showing (him?).

417149_150082761777415_100003270762369_193393_723948369_n.jpg

and smaller less blurry

430253_150082728444085_100003270762369_193392_279031343_n.jpg

at 1:39 I've added a screen capture of what I "think" maybe the female.I know its very difficult to get ANY certainty . If someone has a better screen capture they may be able to add or dismiss this possibility.The person I am speaking about is under the first of the 3 light globes, appears to be looking up to screen right.

407920_150082781777413_100003270762369_193394_1560497391_n.jpg

I will be very happy to be disproved on this. I guess my take on this is "tainted" by me thinking that Domnica is not as bad as she has been made out and therefore looking to "find" something to support my view.

"The article suggests that within a half hour of the collision, the ship was at that crucial 20 degree list. If they are right, that timeline changes things quite a bit! "

But the ship would be listing to the Port side and not Starboard as it did when it stopped!

The laptop may have been used to make the recordings with a built in webcam! just a guess on my part, most video cameras or just cameras have decent night vision which would have shown up more of what was going on and also given more clarity to the people on the Bridge.

Along with the empty promenade deck on the video and all the cheering in the lowered lifeboat it makes you wonder if it has been set up using crew as passengers at some other time! also because it does not show you the rest of the promenade deck when the lifeboat is being lowered. It is possible that these shots have been spliced into the video after all it is now 4 weeks since the incident happened which is plenty of time in which to do it.

The person at 1:17 I agree is more likely to be a man. Appears to me to be wearing a shortsleeve white undershirt under a dark vest. I've added a screen- capture showing (him?).

417149_150082761777415_100003270762369_193393_723948369_n.jpg

Oz, I think you're right. I have seen this figure later in the footage and assumed it was Silvia wearing a sweater vest over her short sleeved uniform top (note the odd head shape...like a woman with her hair in a high bun).

I thought the first figure was different, but now I think I was mistaken.

I've never been sure what Cemorton was wearing, anyway. Although she is described as wearing a sleeveless black dress at dinner, I seem to recall that the copy on the story surrounding her Moldavian interview said she was wearing the same clothes she escaped in, which was her Costa golf shirt and presumably some sort of slacks. I suppose she might have thrown the tshirt over her dress, so she would have more authority when dealing with passengers once she switched from carefree passenger to unofficial crew member.

But the ship would be listing to the Port side and not Starboard as it did when it stopped!

The laptop may have been used to make the recordings with a built in webcam! just a guess on my part, most video cameras or just cameras have decent night vision which would have shown up more of what was going on and also given more clarity to the people on the Bridge.

Does the side make a difference?

I'm going with cellphone or something similar. It moves in too liquid a fashion to be a laptop, plus those are pretty big to hide and very awkward to run with when open and facing away from you.

The person filming was obviously hiding it, or they wouldn't have taken so many shots of the ceiling.

Now cross dressing officers discovered on board Concordia.:eek: What revelation next on the floating Sodom and Gomorrah?:rolleyes:

btw, disclaimer - I don't for one minute believe that

I stand to correct myself.

Instead of slowing the video down to get "frame by frame" as best I can , I fast forwarded it and the person at 1:39 appears to be more likely than not be the same person that appears at 1:17 which is clearly not a woman.

The listing of the bridge would appear to be as it is making its way back to Giglio. Would it be the lights of Giglio seen at 1:23?

In the foreground is the ships railing, and in the background the lights of Giglio near the port we could make a calculation of the angle of listing which would be approx. 20 degrees.

Would other posters see it this way?

Listing about 20 degrees and still no announcement of general alarm or abandon ship.

409482_150161581769533_100003270762369_193636_578911651_n.jpg

Now cross dressing officers discovered on board Concordia.:eek: What revelation next on the floating Sodom and Gomorrah?:rolleyes:

btw, disclaimer - I don't for one minute believe that

Considering its current position, it does seem likely to turn into a pillar of salt... <groan>

She states that there were 20 Officers were there as well.... NOT!!!!!!!!!!

We all saw the video and there were NOT 20 Officers there. Heck I do not think I saw more than a handfull let alone even 1/2 the amount she states.

Another point that I've not made, but believe that the Actual FEMALE voice we hear giving instructions to the passengers from the Bridge is the ONLY female Officer on the Bridge, Sylvia (I cannot remember her last name)

Joanie

Who ever took the video appeared to be doing so from waist height I would suggest so that they would not be detected filming. No one in authority on that bridge would have allowed anyone to film anything especially as the emergency unfolded. And I'm sure if they had been caught they would have been jumped on severely.

It can't have been any of the senior officers as they had their hands full.

And even the other officers who we know were on the bridge like the head of the hotel and the restaurant would surely have realized how serious the situation was, I simply can't believe that any managers would have thought to video this. Nor would they take the risk of being caught.

Nor would junior officiers dare for the same reason. "What are you doing, oh just filming you Captain". ..... It just wouldn't happen.

The quality of the images, even when in areas with better lighting, suggests it was taken on a mobile phone. You don't get mature men filming much of anything on mobile phones. However Y GEN think nothing of filming and sharing every aspect of their lives. Hence the rise of YouTube etc. Our captain's 'friend' very neatly fits this Y GEN demographic.

To me that all adds up to only one person who really could have been both free and had the inclination to film this.

Then think about who would be stupid enough to keep this video from the police and worse than that sell it to the media.

To do that it would really have to be someone lacking maturity and who is unable to understand the ramifications of such action. Surely senior staff/management would surely know better and not take such a stupid risk in with holding evidence.

Again there is only one person on that bridge who ticks all of these boxes.

I don't see how it can be anyone else.

Additionally the fact that we don't hear her doing any announcements in Russian doesn't actually rule her out but rather rules her in. Naturally is she was making announcements in Russian she couldn't film and do that at the some time.

Also this all filmed from the rear of the bridge, exactly where we are told she was, (someone has said in a room separated by a curtain). A perfect place to watch everything unfold and to record things unobserved. As the the bridge was in blackout for night time navigation anyone standing at the rear by a wall would be unlit and and would be very hard to see, especially with all the distraction going on.

I have been trying to translate what was being said on the bridge.

The best I can do is to copy the written transcript of the bridge communication which is in italian., and use google to translate it. I have put in the time registers from this youtube video (the so named 2nd video)

424663_150188761766815_100003270762369_193682_877523427_n.jpg

408967_150161735102851_100003270762369_193637_288058041_n.jpg

Hope this helps non italian speakers get an idea of the Italian transcript that appears on the screen.

You can compare arms with this video. It's her dancing. The video does break away from her for a few seconds but then goes back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBFH6NnKwjU

She sad she was dining with other people. Perhaps the when the capatain invited her to the bridge she took a friend along. This would be a pretty natural thing to do. Or it could bethe partner of the head of the hotel or restaurant.

I saw the video in the Italian news and I'll try to explain it, unfortunately my vocabulary lacks maritime terminology, sorry). The people in it have been identified to be officials and crew, among them there's also the maitre who lives in the the island), Ms. Cemortan was in the next room. The video starts 10 minutes after the impact and the dialogs show how Schettino from the begining denied the emergency situation when speaking with the port authorities, at some point he says they still have 3 out of 6 power generators (maybe he wanted to continue), but the ship starts listing and he decides to approach the coast and anchor and calls someone (Costa probably? - but we don't hear the conversation), actually it's not what he does but how he behaves, you can see that he is not capable of deciding, the other people in the bridge are calm but wait for his orders which as we know didn't come on time, the tone of his voice shows incertitude and even another official who is on board as a passenger (Bosio) at a certain point 'takes over', they keep saying General Emergency but they do nothing, at some point he says "call the tugs". We hear also that 15 minutes before the abandon ship order someone tells the captain that some passengers are already in the lifeboats and he says "vabbuo'" (like saying 'okey dokey'). After the abandon ship signal we hear the speakers asking passengers to put on their lifevests and proceed to the muster stations.The video is further proof of his lack of character and the precious time he lost because of it.

It clears up a few points:

He wasn't waiting for his "date's" dessert or having a nightcap. Sorry chef-guy...you're busted!

He wasn't the first one on a lifeboat.

The ship did have some power and it was a conscious decision to go into the harbour area, not just the unwitting result of winds and tides.

Who says "call the tugs"...Schettino or Bosio?

Does the side make a difference?

I'm going with cellphone or something similar. It moves in too liquid a fashion to be a laptop, plus those are pretty big to hide and very awkward to run with when open and facing away from you.

The person filming was obviously hiding it, or they wouldn't have taken so many shots of the ceiling.

I think it was a mobile phone, but the new iPads have cameras but they are berry good in low light.

Archived