Costa Concordia SINKING!

cruiserfanfromct

[quote name='Ozcruiser1']Wow how things have changed in the last 10-20 years. When I was younger all we could dream of was Dick Tracey's watch and Maxwell Smart's phone shoe. :D:D[/quote]

It was a shoe phone and Get Smart has not been on for over 40 years.

[quote name='Keel Haul']I think a better question would be unless the rules have change why were the officers communicating in Italian.[/quote]

Because they are all Italian on an Italian ship in Italian waters going from one Italian port to another Italian port while making an unplanned stop at another Italian port.

[quote name='rubrrick']Maybe someone has already mentioned this, but tomorrow evening (Sunday) on the National Geographic channel, there will be a documentary called "Italian Cruise Ship Disaster", the untold story.

Rick[/quote]

How can it be the untold story if they are telling it?

[quote name='Smurfette&Trojan']Yeah. That's how we use it - Italian being my 3rd
language but native to my husband and his clan.
Don't ask me to read anything - I couldn't read
Italian to save my life. Vabbuo.[/quote]

Okay, I just have to insert a joke here, against my better judgement, but in honor of the wonderful people who are translating all these news reports for us.

Q: What do you call someone who speaks two languages?
A: Bilingual
Q: What do you call someone who speaks three languages?
A: Trilingual
Q: What do you call someone who speaks one language?
A: An American:)

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]Looks like the Smit rig is going back out to the ship. Hopefully they can start actual removal today.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[URL]http://www.giglionews.it/2010022440919/webcam/isola-del-giglio/webcam-giglio-porto-panoramica.html[/URL]

[quote name='MorganMars']Okay, I just have to insert a joke here, against my better judgement, but in honor of the wonderful people who are translating all these news reports for us.

Q: What do you call someone who speaks two languages?
A: Bilingual
Q: What do you call someone who speaks three languages?
A: Trilingual
Q: What do you call someone who speaks one language?
A: An American:)[/QUOTE]

[I][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]So true . . . however, most people learn English as a second language so as to be competitive in the business world, whereas we already know it. Its the language of "money".

With all German ancestry, my Grandma was desperately trying to teach me German when I was a toddler, but the War was going on and my parents were both building bombers for Douglas Aircraft so my Dad popooed the idea. I certainly wish I had learned German or Spanish. :)

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I]

[quote name='TheBestIsYetToCome']Or perhaps, having her reputation attached to Captain Schettino's is something from which she has decided to distance herself.[/quote]

Perhaps on the advice of an attorney she is no longer in love with the Captain. :D

[quote name='Davyjonesrugrat']The film itself would give a very vague idea of a 'time frame' due to the direction the ship is listing, if the bows are to the right and the camera is pointing to the port side then this would indicate that the film was taken shortly after the incident and before the ship turned back towards Giglio, it might be possible to gauge from the film when the ship turned back and thus it started listing on the starboard side.

Rgds
:):):)[/QUOTE]

I need some help here.
from the so named 2nd video I have made a screen capture at 1:23 of what I think shows the lights of Giglio and some railing from in front of the bridge.
If we assume that the lights around the port would be more or less horizontal we can work out the list of the ship by measuring the angle from the ships railing to a line of best fit through the lights of the harbour.
I make that to be about 20 degrees listing to starboard. at about 6 minutes before general alarm is sounded at about 7:03.

Am I missing something. I added the screen capture below.
[IMG]http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/429110_150846091701082_100003270762369_195073_1481173179_n.jpg[/IMG]

In doing a screen capture on a mac laptop when the screen "greys " to show the captured area you get far more detail shown.

.......... just look at Domenica. Ship's entertainer, captain's companion (and comforter?), linguist, translator, announcer, film director(?), journalistic source (maybe scribe, too?), cartoonist, impressionist, traveller. & all while being a mum as well!.... must be worth her weight in gold. She'll collect a bit of that too before all this is over. Will she be sellng tickets for the trials? Oh, I forgot another role,... witness. Maybe that disbars her from selling tickets, but they sure will be 'hot'. Maybe they should book it for the Colosseum?

[quote name='SomeBeach'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]In another interview and I don't remember which, she admitted that her cosmetic case was in his stateroom.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]The big problem with her stories is how they change. From various interviews I have read so many things she has supposedly said. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

Well, maybe we should figure out how many interviews she has given.

There was the long television interview, which has been broken up into at least two different sections that I have seen personally.

There is the Oggi interview.

There was the televised "french"? interview which one of our Italian members started to watch. Is that the same as the Oggi interview?

I think there may have been another after her first interview addressing more accusations, but as there was no source cited, I can't be sure.

I don't know about the french interview, but in the other three, there has been no inconsistencies.

Has she given another?

Or is everything else "leaked" information allegedly from her deposition?

[quote name='Kirykes']

It would be strange indeed if the person filming turned out to be Domnica Cemortan, especially in light of the way she tells passenger David Saba, in the video he posted on YouTube, that filming is not allowed.[/quote]

I'm pretty certain it was a male voice we hear swearing at the base of the "wrong" staircase.

Is that the video in which a black haired crew member on a lifeboat tells them not to film? Or is there another one with Cemorton in it?

[quote name='Kirykes']Could that be a "1" near the "x" outside the captain's cabin? It is not printed the same as in "1a" so I am confused.

It would be strange indeed if the person filming turned out to be Domnica Cemortan, especially in light of the way she tells passenger David Saba, in the video he posted on YouTube, that filming is not allowed.[/QUOTE]

Can you post that link please?

[quote name='Milaandra']I'm pretty certain it was a male voice we hear swearing at the base of the "wrong" staircase.

Is that the video in which a black haired crew member on a lifeboat tells them not to film? Or is there another one with Cemorton in it?[/QUOTE]

There was a video showing what some have said is Cemorton saying to the person recording on the port /wharf near a pile of discarded lifejackets that they are not allowed to film. I think she or others around her had silver wrap/ blankets over their shoulders.
I've been trying to find that video... any help out there with a link?

Thanks.
Is anyone closer to knowing the name of the video recorder on the bridge?

[quote name='Ozcruiser1']Should be and eye and an EAR.[/quote]

I knew that :)

I haven't responded since my initial reaction is to make a joke (oh yeah, if you think those are impressive you should see some of my other body parts...) but I thought that might be just a [I]tad[/I] over the line... :D

[quote name='Ozcruiser1']There was a video showing what some have said is Cemorton saying to the person recording on the port /wharf near a pile of discarded lifejackets that they are not allowed to film. I think she or others around her had silver wrap/ blankets over their shoulders.
I've been trying to find that video... any help out there with a link?

Thanks.
Is anyone closer to knowing the name of the video recorder on the bridge?[/quote]

I found it! I can't believe this is the first time I've seen this.

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag-IdQXOIfI&feature=bf_prev&list=UUtZgcEsPzPv6Ynsrxqwlx4w&lf=plcp[/URL]

It certainly does look like Cemorton. Does anyone know what time this was taken?

There would appear to be two versions of the footage of the footsteps.
The shorter version which was added to the footage taken from the bridge, and the longer "stand alone" version released later. The sound sync is different in both.
I think there is a fair bit of manipulation of recordings being released.
Who is recording this footage and who is releasing it to the media?
Do we know if the courts have access to this from the original source or will they rely on the media released footage?

You can be my eyes and ears Milaandra. (sound like a espionage script) :cool:
That will sent Daveyjones into another spin!

[quote name='Milaandra']I found it! I can't believe this is the first time I've seen this.

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag-IdQXOIfI&feature=bf_prev&list=UUtZgcEsPzPv6Ynsrxqwlx4w&lf=plcp[/URL]

It certainly does look like Cemorton. Does anyone know what time this was taken?[/QUOTE]

Excellent find. How did you get to it so quick. I have been looking for it for a few days to see if we can see what she is wearing and if it matches any other sighting ( real or imagined earlier in the night)

[quote name='Milaandra']Which one? The initial two-part interview?[/QUOTE]

Both would be good.Thanks

I've added a screen capture of who I think is Cemorton(left of screen). Her reaction and facial features would fit.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag-IdQXOIfI&feature=bf_prev&list=UUtZgcEsPzPv6Ynsrxqwlx4w&lf=plcp[/url]

The "shoes" would appear to be flat slip-on sports sandals. This could match the audio of the footsteps which could indicate her being the video recorder, BUT doesnt fit with the mumbled expletive of the male voice at the stairs.

Still no closer to finding the recorder of the bridge footage.
[IMG]http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/396462_150937281691963_100003270762369_195255_1082152224_n.jpg[/IMG]

Archived