Costa Concordia SINKING!

cruiserfanfromct

Excellent find. How did you get to it so quick. I have been looking for it for a few days to see if we can see what she is wearing and if it matches any other sighting ( real or imagined earlier in the night)

I can't get a clear screen shot of what she's wearing, but it is definitely black (or very dark) trousers. They are very long, so it's hard to tell about her footwear, but I think at one point I see a black shod toe.

I did manage to get a nice clear shot of her face though. I hope this isn't too huge.

cemorton.jpg

The "shoes" would appear to be flat slip-on sports sandals. This could match the audio of the footsteps which could indicate her being the video recorder, BUT doesnt fit with the mumbled expletive of the male voice at the stairs.

I think what you're seeing as a sandal is actually light coloured garbage on the ground.

This is the best I could get...see how with the angle of her body, the light coloured stuff, if a foot, would be at a very awkward angle? There is a slight pointiness to the black in front of her trouser leg that could be a toe, but with the shadows as they are, it might be meaningless.

cemortonshoe3.jpg

No luggage...let's assume then that if Schettino asked her to pack for them and grab his laptop, she appears to have failed in that mission :rolleyes:

I can't get a clear screen shot of what she's wearing, but it is definitely black (or very dark) trousers. They are very long, so it's hard to tell about her footwear, but I think at one point I see a black shod toe.

I did manage to get a nice clear shot of her face though. I hope this isn't too huge.

cemorton.jpg

One thing is kinda bugging me.....if she was "just" a paying guest, not crew, why is she telling the guy who is filming that it is not allowed? Who does she think she is??!! Of course filming was allowed! She then has the audacity to question the "filmer" about "who told you you could" then the vid stops. Kinda puts an interesting spin on the kind of person she might be.....If I were a guest on that ship and had just gotten off a lifeboat, one of the first things I would do after making sure my family was all together and safe would be to walk around and see if I could help anyone else. Granted, I am a nurse by profession but I am certain that most of us would do the same thing regardless of how we earn our paycheck.

Lynda

Ozcruiser - I found this part II video on YouTube - not sure it's what you're looking for (6.25 mintues).

This is just speculation but I wanted to throw this out there - is it possible that there are more than one filmer? I'm thinking that the first filmer could have filmed until the deck part and then there could have been other(s) filming the last portion.

Both would be good.Thanks

Here is the first part with an English overdub:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-16641543

Here is another one at the end of this article but no translation, so I have no idea what it says. I'm including it in case someone can translate from Romanian.

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=ro&u=http://www.adevarul.ro/moldova/social/Domnica_Cemortan-supravietuitoare_de_pe_Concordia-_-Am_salvat_mai_multe_vieti_0_628737645.html&ei=vkUcT-HFCoScOu-4yaYL&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=8&ved=0CFEQ7gEwBw&prev=/search%3Fq%3DAdevarul%2BChisinau%2Bdomnica%2Bcemortan%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX%26rlz%3D1G1ACAW_ENUK463%26biw%3D1366%26bih%3D613%26prmd%3Dimvnsu

I can't find the second half of the first interview...I need to take a break. I'm uncovering so much foul, freaky, violent hatred I feel physically ill. There's a video out there about her being a reptile, and it's terrifying. The comments are even worse. I'm seriously nauseated and I think I need some innocence and laughter before I decide that the world is too sick to continue.

No luggage...let's assume then that if Schettino asked her to pack for them and grab his laptop, she appears to have failed in that mission :rolleyes:
Good find Milaandra! We do know that she brought Schettino his blue jacket (or so she says in an interview) maybe the laptop was inside the jacket?

This article, just published in La Repubblica talks about the bridge diagram we were trying to dissect. We were correct about the suitcase (clothes at least)

"On a map of the ship show them by prosecutors has also indicated the location of the cabin Schettino where she had placed her clothes."

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=it&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Ffirenze.repubblica.it%2Fcronaca%2F2012%2F02%2F11%2Fnews%2Fconcordia_domnica_ha_disegnato_chi_era_nella_plancia-29721602%2Findex.html%3Fref%3Dsearch

Here is the first part with an English overdub:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-16641543

Here is another one at the end of this article but no translation, so I have no idea what it says. I'm including it in case someone can translate from Romanian.

What I don't understand is at the very beginning of this video she states "my job required me to go to the bridge to translate" What job? Her contract had ended and she was on board as a passenger. Surely they had all the translators they needed and didn't have to rely on her. Who is she kidding?

Ms. Cermotan has got some nerve telling a passenger what he can or can't film on the shore. What WAS that all about?? (That is not an entirely rhetorical question, the subtext of which is this: Is there some reason she might not want to be captured on film?)

I see where you're going with this. IMO, it's plausible but not likely.

I think the more plausible explanation is that a flippin' cruise ship just capsized and all the crew knew that a boo-boo of historic (and fatal) proportions had just been made. From the cruise line's perspective, the less evidence the better. I think this a loyal Costa employee looking out for the company, for better or worse.

I see where you're going with this. IMO, it's plausible but not likely.

I think the more plausible explanation is that a flippin' cruise ship just capsized and all the crew knew that a boo-boo of historic (and fatal) proportions had just been made. From the cruise line's perspective, the less evidence the better. I think this a loyal Costa employee looking out for the company, for better or worse.

If that's the case, here's a little heads-up to any off-duty cruiseship employees -- if your captain crashes the ship into some rocks and I'm in grave peril for my life... if I have any capability whatsoever to do so, I will have my camera running. It may be hanging from my wrist, it may be dangling down my neck in a watertight bag, but you can be certain that in spite of whatever self-preservation interests you have, I will want to try to capture what may be my final moments on this planet.

And I'm pretty sure, there were several hundred people amongst those 4200 people onboard Concordia who had the same idea. Thank God they were able to bring their footage forward.

If that's the case, here's a little heads-up to any off-duty cruiseship employees -- if your captain crashes the ship into some rocks and I'm in grave peril for my life... if I have any capability whatsoever to do so, I will have my camera running. It may be hanging from my wrist, it may be dangling down my neck in a watertight bag, but you can be certain that in spite of whatever self-preservation interests you have, I will want to try to capture what may be my final moments on this planet.

And I'm pretty sure, there were several hundred people amongst those 4200 people onboard Concordia who had the same idea. Thank God they were able to bring their footage forward.

Good one! And here's a heads-up to all present and future cruise ship captains: If you ever decide to treat a 114,500-ton cruise ship like a Jet Ski and buzz Isola del Giglio off Tuscany, abandon ship and refuse to go back on board, your career is over.

Ms. Cermotan has got some nerve telling a passenger what he can or can't film on the shore. What WAS that all about?? (That is not an entirely rhetorical question, the subtext of which is this: Is there some reason she might not want to be captured on film?)

I totally agree, see my post #1003...very strange!

Lynda

Oh, I'm with 'ya on that one.

I personally resent her trying to assert authority where she had none. When I'm on the boat, I play by Costa's rules. As soon as my feet hit dry land, your (the cruise line's) power over me is over.

I think I have finally figured out the female voice of the person giving the various translated emergency evacuations over the Ship's PA system was... And it is not the blonde dancer seeking the attention of the world!!!!

Remember the video showing the one female crew member in the doorway to the promenade deck with the Bull horn, telling people that everything was under control and to return to their staterooms??

She is of Oriental persuasion, perhaps Chinese or Korean (SORRY if I have her nationality wrong, I am no good with eye shapes for Orientals)

Anyway at one point in the Emergency PA announcements you hear a female voice speaking in what I assume is Chinese giving evacuation directions.

I think that amongst the blondes. supposed 5 languages, Chinese or any Oriental dialect, would not be part of her repertoire!!

One minute she says she is having dinner (and according to a waiter they are eating dessert) and she, Schettino and someone else ?? are called to the Bridge. The next she is called to the bridge because she speaks 5 languages and is needed as an interpretor for Russians so she goes, posibly in the company of another employee ?? The next she is hungry and wants to leave.....

Just to many nexts....

But I digressed, sorry. She was not the female voice giving emergency directions if she is on the bridge standing at the back of the bridge (oh by the way, in her initial statements, she says she was at the Captain's side on the bridge.... I did NOT see her unless that was her with the black sleeveless top or unless her arms are beefier than they appear to be in normal lighting c onditions and if her hair is much much darker!!) Did any of you see a blond female in those videos standing next to or anywhere near him??? I sure did not...

Also to keep in mind what Michelle, mickey_d_ mouse, an eyewitness to what actually happened, says she heard and saw. She says it was not the blondes voice making the announcement, but was instead the new young blonde female Dutch crew member on her first cruise with Costa and a male that she also knew.

Joanie

This poses an interesting question, because we've seen others besides Ms. Cermotan insisting a camera be stopped. Do cruiselines typically have policies in place that crewmembers are to stop passengers from filming specific situations?

Ms. Cermotan was not just off-duty but off the ship, so she was completely out of line. But what about the crew member who admonished a passenger filming the lifeboat operation?

Is there something here we don't know? Because if there is, then I may need to learn to be more discrete. :D

(Kidding!)

I need some help here.

from the so named 2nd video I have made a screen capture at 1:23 of what I think shows the lights of Giglio and some railing from in front of the bridge.

If we assume that the lights around the port would be more or less horizontal we can work out the list of the ship by measuring the angle from the ships railing to a line of best fit through the lights of the harbour.

I make that to be about 20 degrees listing to starboard. at about 6 minutes before general alarm is sounded at about 7:03.

Am I missing something. I added the screen capture below.

429110_150846091701082_100003270762369_195073_1481173179_n.jpg

In doing a screen capture on a mac laptop when the screen "greys " to show the captured area you get far more detail shown.

You are assuming that the camera is level with the railing. It might not be.

I guess she had enough time to change before leaving the ship. With all the comomtion going on, I could care less who is filming, taking pictures. As an employee then , or contract ended the passengers needs come first. Her picture shows her looking pretty relaxed in stead of concern.

I think I have finally figured out the female voice of the person giving the various translated emergency evacuations over the Ship's PA system was... And it is not the blonde dancer seeking the attention of the world!!!!

Remember the video showing the one female crew member in the doorway to the promenade deck with the Bull horn, telling people that everything was under control and to return to their staterooms??

She is of Oriental persuasion, perhaps Chinese or Korean (SORRY if I have her nationality wrong, I am no good with eye shapes for Orientals)

Anyway at one point in the Emergency PA announcements you hear a female voice speaking in what I assume is Chinese giving evacuation directions.

I think that amongst the blondes. supposed 5 languages, Chinese or any Oriental dialect, would not be part of her repertoire!!

One minute she says she is having dinner (and according to a waiter they are eating dessert) and she, Schettino and someone else ?? are called to the Bridge. The next she is called to the bridge because she speaks 5 languages and is needed as an interpretor for Russians so she goes, posibly in the company of another employee ?? The next she is hungry and wants to leave.....

Just to many nexts....

But I digressed, sorry. She was not the female voice giving emergency directions if she is on the bridge standing at the back of the bridge (oh by the way, in her initial statements, she says she was at the Captain's side on the bridge.... I did NOT see her unless that was her with the black sleeveless top or unless her arms are beefier than they appear to be in normal lighting c onditions and if her hair is much much darker!!) Did any of you see a blond female in those videos standing next to or anywhere near him??? I sure did not...

Also to keep in mind what Michelle, mickey_d_ mouse, an eyewitness to what actually happened, says she heard and saw. She says it was not the blondes voice making the announcement, but was instead the new young blonde female Dutch crew member on her first cruise with Costa and a male that she also knew.

Joanie

In Domnica's first interview on Russian television, we see a woman who is desperately defending the captain to the point of misrepresenting her role on the ship at the time. She was not working as her testimony implies. She was there as a passenger and guest. I'm sure the captain in the midst of a crisis situation is not going to be thinking he needs a Russian translator by his side. You're right she was not the translator and she translated ZIP.

P.S. I think that was Japanese and not Chinese. There were many Japanese on board and only a few Chinese.

If I was the Italian judge presiding over Concordia hearings I'd summon

every one of you professional detectives and accident reconstruction experts to court to have you all testify

The funny thing about your statements, be it sarcastic or meant in all honesty as a compliment, is that I think that many of us would make great witnesses because we are looking at this as bystanders and are looking more closely at various aspects as they come to our attention.

We are not focused on only proving one point of view, but looking for whatever we can in the physical and mental states both.... I hope that makes sense but...

Joanie

Archived