So Confused About Atlantis Day Pass

HUBison2008

Scubagirl, if Aug 21 Wed is considered as off season? We will be docking in Nassau with three ships in, NCL Sky, NCL gem, enchantment of the seas. what's the average waiting time for waterside in Atlantis during that time? Thanks!

August is still the high summer season, but as late August approaches, there seems to be more kids heading back to school. I wouldn't consider it off season.. that should start a week or 2 later. The main slides will likely have 20-40 minugute lines during mid day. Not very comfortable in the August heat and humidity. Make sure you have water shoes, the walkways are hot, hot, hot.

I agree regarding they give out wrong info. I called 2x and asked if there were any fees or deposits req'd for our stay- we were told no both times. We checked in and they said there was $150 PER DAY hold they needed to put on my card. Since we were only there 1 day it was only $150 but they would hold it for 30 days. I spoke to a manager because I had called twice and was told this was not the case. Regardless we had a great time at the resort and will go back, nothing bad to say other than the mis info we were given.

http://majestictoursbahamas.com/docs/atlantis_aquaventure_-_2103_rate_calander.pdf

August is still the high summer season, but as late August approaches, there seems to be more kids heading back to school. I wouldn't consider it off season.. that should start a week or 2 later. The main slides will likely have 20-40 minugute lines during mid day. Not very comfortable in the August heat and humidity. Make sure you have water shoes, the walkways are hot, hot, hot.

Thanks for your quick response and good tips :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
How about the comfort inn for 5 people that want to use it for atlantis?? since we won't actually be staying there, will they let us book 1 room, or have to book 2?? Thanks so much!!

Neither Comfort Suites or Atlantis will allow 5 to a room

You either have to book 2 rooms or someone has to purchase a day pass. Since the # of passes are restricted, I suggest you try and get one thru majestictoursbahamas They have them but don't advertise

We will be there sun July 28th from 8-5. Is it worth it?

Park opens at 10am and you have to leave before 4pm to be back onboard. At $139pp.. only you can judge if it's worth it. It will be ultra crowded this time of year.

Most important thing to note from all of these posts is that the slides don't open until 10 am.

Oasis was in port from 7 am - 2 pm. People that bought the expensive Atlantis pass through the ship were extremely disappointed. Nothing to do until 10 am, long lines of about 30-45 minutes per slide, and then need to make your way back to the ship before 1 pm. Barely 3 hours for a handful of times down the slide for quite a hefty fee of I think $160. Ouch.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello scubagirrl, hope you can help! We will be in port on December 31 from 11am till 8pm. What is the best way to swim with dolphins and use resort slides and grounds?

Purchased 3 Atlantis day passes via RCL web site. Travelling Aug 9-11 with Sat Aug 10 as the Atlantis day.

Have been reading that others have purchased passes for $120 each as I have purchased ours for $164 each. Is it less expensive to purchase on site at Atlantis or elsewhere?

Are there discounts anywhere?

Thank you.

We port Nov. 15, 2013 from 12 to 7. My issue is not whether to go....whether it's worth the money is not the issue. I have to take DS to Atlantis at all costs no matter how miserable we, as adults, may become...no matter how long the lines are...we are going.

The link to purchase day passes http://majestictoursbahamas.com/?nr=0 doesn't seem to be working anymore. Does anyone have any idea if there is another vendor that sells day passes?

Hello scubagirrl, hope you can help! We will be in port on December 31 from 11am till 8pm. What is the best way to swim with dolphins and use resort slides and grounds?

Sorry, scubagirrl is still banned, but I can help.

NYE is not gonna be an easy one.

You'll need to purchase your Combo ticket from the cruiselines.

It will be a very short day for you.. since the slides close around 4:40pm this time of year. It get's dark early in the winter. The Dolphins take about 2.5 hours. I think there is a noon program. After that, you'll only have 2 hours at the park.

Lines will be crazy, and same day tickets will likely be restricted.

Book as soon as you can.

Personally, I don't think it's worth it with such a short time in daylight.

Back in the day when we use to have our kids still living at home (all grown up now) we use to get off the boat, call Atlantis and ask for the 1 day room rate (because it included 4 wrist bands for the beach/pools ect) So for like $200 we got a room for 1 night and 4 wrist bands, we use to go up to the room put our "dry cloths" in it and go enjoy the beach/slides/pools then go back to the room, use the nice big roomy bathrooms to shower and throw on a sundress and head back to the ship for "captains night" only had to throw on our "dress cloths" . We obviously did go back to the hotel to sleep there we only really got it for the 4 wrists bands anyway, but getting ready for captains night in a nice roomy bathroom was a perk!! LOL Do they still over that or is that a thing of the past. I know it was never publicized but they use to offer it, we did it a few years in a row. Again that was about 4-5 years ago now.

Now we prefer to get the day pass to Breezes (all you can eat and drink and non motorized fun) for the day. Use to be $50.00 per person, great deal!

Back in the day when we use to have our kids still living at home (all grown up now) we use to get off the boat, call Atlantis and ask for the 1 day room rate (because it included 4 wrist bands for the beach/pools ect) So for like $200 we got a room for 1 night and 4 wrist bands, we use to go up to the room put our "dry cloths" in it and go enjoy the beach/slides/pools then go back to the room, use the nice big roomy bathrooms to shower and throw on a sundress and head back to the ship for "captains night" only had to throw on our "dress cloths" . We obviously did go back to the hotel to sleep there we only really got it for the 4 wrists bands anyway, but getting ready for captains night in a nice roomy bathroom was a perk!! LOL Do they still over that or is that a thing of the past. I know it was never publicized but they use to offer it, we did it a few years in a row. Again that was about 4-5 years ago now.

Now we prefer to get the day pass to Breezes (all you can eat and drink and non motorized fun) for the day. Use to be $50.00 per person, great deal!

Atlantis no longer has day room deals, but you can book a room at the going rate, and pay all the taxes, surcharges and fees associated with it. Same goes for Comfort Suites. Rate depends on the date you are arriving.

No heavy discounts for cruisers.

Breezes is now $65 - although I just saw a post that it went up to $70.

Sorry, scubagirrl is still banned, but I can help.

NYE is not gonna be an easy one.

You'll need to purchase your Combo ticket from the cruiselines.

It will be a very short day for you.. since the slides close around 4:40pm this time of year. It get's dark early in the winter. The Dolphins take about 2.5 hours. I think there is a noon program. After that, you'll only have 2 hours at the park.

Lines will be crazy, and same day tickets will likely be restricted.

Book as soon as you can.

Personally, I don't think it's worth it with such a short time in daylight.

Thanks tikib! Why is scuba girl banned?

Not anymore.. I was naughty and posted a link. (locals are not allowed to recommend things, I'm told).

It was temporary, and then I went on vacation... so now I'm back.

But still can't recommend.

Glad you're back. I've always valued your opinion on this board. :)

Not anymore.. I was naughty and posted a link. (locals are not allowed to recommend things, I'm told).

It was temporary, and then I went on vacation... so now I'm back.

But still can't recommend.

Glad your back!!!! Can I send you an email?

Edited by murphfam4

This seems to be a pretty active thread and I'm looking for a specific piece of info about Atlantis via Comfort Suites.

I'll be on the Disney Dream with friends on September 9. 2 of my friends are military dependants. One of them as booked a CS room at the military rate. All 4 of us came to a total of like $390. On the website when you book the room it says there's a 20% tax + $20.95 pp fee that has to be paid upon check-in. When the email confirmation for the room came thru it said basically this is your total that was charge for the room including 20% tax + fees. So, my question is this: When we check-in at CS will we be asked to pay anything more? If so, not the best deal. If not, we're doing good. The Aquaventure thru the cruiseline is like $170 pp including transport and lunch. I'll pay the cab and skip the lunch.

Also, this brings me to another question. Last year when DH & I were at Atlantis for the Aquaventure (on another Disney Dream cruise) we saw where you can buy the day passes but I can't remember for the life of me how much they were. Was it $125 pp? I hadn't thought of the possibility of just going and buying a day pass. That could be nice if it was more like $100 pp. Then we wouldn't have to deal with the walk from CS for virtually the same cost.

Thanks so much for your help!

This seems to be a pretty active thread and I'm looking for a specific piece of info about Atlantis via Comfort Suites.

I'll be on the Disney Dream with friends on September 9. 2 of my friends are military dependants. One of them as booked a CS room at the military rate. All 4 of us came to a total of like $390. On the website when you book the room it says there's a 20% tax + $20.95 pp fee that has to be paid upon check-in. When the email confirmation for the room came thru it said basically this is your total that was charge for the room including 20% tax + fees. So, my question is this: When we check-in at CS will we be asked to pay anything more? If so, not the best deal. If not, we're doing good. The Aquaventure thru the cruiseline is like $170 pp including transport and lunch. I'll pay the cab and skip the lunch.

Also, this brings me to another question. Last year when DH & I were at Atlantis for the Aquaventure (on another Disney Dream cruise) we saw where you can buy the day passes but I can't remember for the life of me how much they were. Was it $125 pp? I hadn't thought of the possibility of just going and buying a day pass. That could be nice if it was more like $100 pp. Then we wouldn't have to deal with the walk from CS for virtually the same cost.

Thanks so much for your help!

If you booked thru the CS website, you will be asked to pay the additional surcharges and fees. Sometimes the front desk waives these charges, sometimes they don't.

Day Passes at Atlantis are $139pp. There is a limited number of passes available each day. Once they are sold out, there is no other option.

If you booked thru the CS website, you will be asked to pay the additional surcharges and fees. Sometimes the front desk waives these charges, sometimes they don't.

Day Passes at Atlantis are $139pp. There is a limited number of passes available each day. Once they are sold out, there is no other option.

Thanks for the response. Still not sure what we'll do but thank you. I appreciate it.

We did book direct thru CS. We'll be in port on 9/9. Think we're the only ship in that day. :)