So Confused About Atlantis Day Pass

HUBison2008

I read on here somewhere that the waterpark doesn't open until 10. Do the pools not open until 10 either?

Thanks!!!

Waterpark opens at 10 and in the winter (after daylight savings change) they close at 4:30/4:45pm

Pools open at 9 am and close around 5/ 5:15 in the winter months

In the summer they stay open later.. sometimes til 7pm

In the late fall and winter months.. it starts to get dark before 5pm.

Since those payments are collected by the unions and not the disgression of the hotel.. it's unlikely you will get a refund.

I wasn't charged any additional taxes or fees. The resort said there are daily fees you pay when you arrive. I had none.

Wow, thanks for the tip about Comfort Inn. I'll be in Nassau May 9th and their current rate is $279/night. Way less than what we'd be paying for 4 through NCL.

Now, is it easy to get a cab at the port? Are they lined up?

Thanks,

Don't forget.. that's just the base rate.. you have to pay for 3rd and 4th person in the room, plus 18% tax and other gratuities.

Cabs are lined up at port.. and it's less than 5 minute walk across the street from Comfort Suites to Atlantis

Don't forget.. that's just the base rate.. you have to pay for 3rd and 4th person in the room, plus 18% tax and other gratuities.

Cabs are lined up at port.. and it's less than 5 minute walk across the street from Comfort Suites to Atlantis

When it says you have to pay extra for the 3rd and 4th person, is that only if they are adults or children also? I'm taking myself my husband and two children and I booked a room for $300. I'm trying to figure out if I will have a lot of added fees. It's so confusing!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Our ship will be in port at Nassau on November 23. How likely are we to get Atlantis day passes for 11?

We like cultural excursions as well. We have seen the pirate museum and the fort as well as a small maritime or nautical museum downtown (can't remember the exact name).

any other ideas for cultural outings? Gma is with us on this trip and cannot do stairs, but can walk on her own.

Our ship will be in port at Nassau on November 23. How likely are we to get Atlantis day passes for 11?

We like cultural excursions as well. We have seen the pirate museum and the fort as well as a small maritime or nautical museum downtown (can't remember the exact name).

any other ideas for cultural outings? Gma is with us on this trip and cannot do stairs, but can walk on her own.

I already checked and there are 3 ships in port that day. Carnival Sensation and Breeze, and also Norwegian Epic.

If you want to guarantee Atlantis tickets, get them thru Majestictoursbahamas.com

theres' also a historical walking tour.

www.bahamas-treasures.com (link on the left on the bottom).

I made reservations using the Rewards Advance Purchase program and I was charged $283. I thought that I had made the reservation for 4 people but somewhere along the way I ended up having only made it for 1. When I got there I was charged an additional $58 for the additional 3 people. I never entered a room, just checked in and out at the same time and received the tickets which you then exchange for bands in Atlantis. Still a lot cheaper than buying the tickets direct. This was in October 2012. We took a taxi which dropped us off at the Comfort Suites and we walked over to Atlantis. $4 pp.

It was worth it for us just to have the experience. I think we probably arrived a little before 10 and we left around 3:30 to be sure we got over the bridge since that had been posed as a potential problem around 4:00. They ask for ID and boarding pass when you go back through the gate so be sure you have both. That was the only port we went through where they asked for ID.

Loved the lazy river. It's much longer than any lazy river that I've ever been in before and it takes you right up to some of the slides. We had a blast!

• 2 months later...

We will be on Fantasy 3/22/13 docking on 3/24/13 I think. THat is the Monday BEFORE Easter and sort of on the late side for spring break?

I just checked comfort suites - it'd be $400 for a room. Do they still do day passes? Would we have an issue getting one? what is the 2013 price?

We will be on Fantasy 3/22/13 docking on 3/24/13 I think. THat is the Monday BEFORE Easter and sort of on the late side for spring break?

I just checked comfort suites - it'd be $400 for a room. Do they still do day passes? Would we have an issue getting one? what is the 2013 price?

Was that the normal rate or the choice rewards rate? If you sign up for their choice rewards program(free) you get access to their discounted rate. I did this and saved a lot when I came.

Your dates are still spring break weeks. and easter week to boot. That's why the rate is so high and it will still be crowded.

Comfort Suites still has access passes to Atlantis. No issue with that. You get one wristband for each paid guest. Max of 4pp.

The Day Pass rate is $135pp. Due to change in the summer, I'm told.

Your dates are still spring break weeks. and easter week to boot. That's why the rate is so high and it will still be crowded.

Comfort Suites still has access passes to Atlantis. No issue with that. You get one wristband for each paid guest. Max of 4pp.

The Day Pass rate is $135pp. Due to change in the summer, I'm told.

I thought most college spring breaks were earlier in march. Do most k-12 have off then? Would they have week of good Friday? Or week of Easter Monday? Our cruise is 3/22-3/27

I thought most college spring breaks were earlier in march. Do most k-12 have off then? Would they have week of good Friday? Or week of Easter Monday? Our cruise is 3/22-3/27

According to Student City.. which is a big spring break travel site, the week of March 23 is still a significant spring break travel week. It is also the week before easter, which would make it a grade school break for some as well.

I think it's a split as far as k-12. One of my grands is off the week before easter and easter monday.. the other is off easter week.. starting on good friday.

We did Atlantis through the Comfort Suites last September...it was easy and quick. Just keep one thing in mind...the concession stands at the waterpark didn't open until noon. We went straight from the ship to Comfort Suites- got our bands and headed to the park. When we got there we were thirsty and starving. :eek: We couldn't believe there were no vending machines, or food places open. I think there may have been a water fountain by the restrooms. Just be sure to bring a drink and snacks with you if you are heading over early.

Have fun. I hope they opened the water slide through the shark tank. My daughter was so disappointed it was under renovations last year.

Nancy

We did Atlantis through the Comfort Suites last September...it was easy and quick. Just keep one thing in mind...the concession stands at the waterpark didn't open until noon. We went straight from the ship to Comfort Suites- got our bands and headed to the park. When we got there we were thirsty and starving. :eek: We couldn't believe there were no vending machines, or food places open. I think there may have been a water fountain by the restrooms. Just be sure to bring a drink and snacks with you if you are heading over early.

Have fun. I hope they opened the water slide through the shark tank. My daughter was so disappointed it was under renovations last year.

Nancy

I was there in sep also. Very sad that slide wasn't open.

Does anyone know if they post the renovation schedule online? Would hate to have renovations when we go in December.

There is no schedule available to the public, and the employees don't know either (so calling customer service would be a bust).

Only thing is to keep watching to forums when it near to your date.

The time between Thanksgiving and Xmas is down time, and ofter used for maintainence.

Holidays.. not so much.. but of course, they would do repairs whenever necessary .. regardless of the season.

I am trying to buy the day-pass to Aquaventure for March 29th, 2013 and it shows pass timing as 9:30 to 3:30 pm. NCL Epic only docks there at 12:00 pm.

Is 3:30 pm the last entry time? We want to be able to stay till 5:00 pm as our ship leaves at 7:00 pm.

Also, I see there are 5 ships docked that day and it's going to be pretty crowded and probably sold out. My plan to see buy once I see the 10-day weather forecast. Is it worth waiting that long without buying the pass as we plan to buy around 30 passes for our group.

we went in december and we waited until we got there and just bought our passes in the Atlantis. it was definetly worth the money. The pools did close early (around 5) and they start taking down all the beach chairs and cleaning up then too so we had to leave but it was getting dark by then and we had spent most of the day there so it was ok. we ate at a restaurant overlooking the stingrays and could see sharks a little ways over. very expensive but worth it.

I am trying to buy the day-pass to Aquaventure for March 29th, 2013 and it shows pass timing as 9:30 to 3:30 pm. NCL Epic only docks there at 12:00 pm.

Is 3:30 pm the last entry time? We want to be able to stay till 5:00 pm as our ship leaves at 7:00 pm.

Also, I see there are 5 ships docked that day and it's going to be pretty crowded and probably sold out. My plan to see buy once I see the 10-day weather forecast. Is it worth waiting that long without buying the pass as we plan to buy around 30 passes for our group.

I would contact majestic directly for this answer. Although the property is open, the tour desk may be closed early and prevent you from picking up passes.

Please check with them... noone here will be able to answer your question for sure.

As for your other question. Yes, with 5 ships in.. and being spring break, it will be out of control crowded. Again, I would check with Majestic on getting 30 passes so late in the day. Pools close early in march.. as do the slides.

We'll be in Nassua March 16th (Saturday) noon-7 pm. Is it even worth trying to do Atlantis....? we won't be able to get to site until at least 1 pm, seems like by then it may be impossible to get chairs, or ride a slide. Maybe i need to start thinking about another plan...

5 of us, 55, 53, 27, 17, 17. I'm sure the guys would love to do the water park, but if they have to stand in line an hour for one ride, it's definitely not going to be worth the $$$$.

Or - we just do the tour, see the Digs, etc. and forget the water parks.

thoughts?

We'll be in Nassua March 16th (Saturday) noon-7 pm. Is it even worth trying to do Atlantis....? we won't be able to get to site until at least 1 pm, seems like by then it may be impossible to get chairs, or ride a slide. Maybe i need to start thinking about another plan...

5 of us, 55, 53, 27, 17, 17. I'm sure the guys would love to do the water park, but if they have to stand in line an hour for one ride, it's definitely not going to be worth the $$$$.

Or - we just do the tour, see the Digs, etc. and forget the water parks.

thoughts?

1st off.. Atlantis will be a zoo on your date. It's smack int he middle of spring break.. even the DIGS will be backed up.

2nd..you're kids will kill you if they can check out the water park.. and not use it. I wouldn't even tempt them..

There's plenty to do besides Atlantis.

Check sites like: www.majestictoursbahamas.com

www.flyingcloud.info

www.blueholewatersports.com

www.seahorsesailingadventures.com

www.stuartcove.com