Explain the NCL personal e-mail given on doc

LynneL

My husband is currently sailing on the Jewel. I'm home - can't get off from work : (

I saw on his confirmation they assigned him an e-mail address that was his name cabin #, @Jewel.cruisemail.net.

We are unfamiliar with this. Can I e-mail him & is there computer use that he could pick up/respond to this e-mail without buying minutes? If you have to pay for computer time why would anyone want this assigned e-mail since you could use your regular e-mail address?

Anyone so kind to enlighten me on this, please?

Thanks so much for the quick responses & suggestions. It seemed to good to be true that you'd get "somthin' for nuthin'" and it was - lol. CC always comes through with quick answers!

Is is just an email that can be used for those that don't have email addresses. I know that doesn't sound plausible but there are still lots of people who never entered the computer age. He would still have to pay for Internet. If you need to reach him, I assume he has his own mail account so you can send whatever to him and he could check but again that will cost. NCL also charges a $3.95 set up fee to create the account in addition to the per-minute charge.

Archived