transport from BWI to Hilton Baltimore

venicia

we have arranged our own flight from Florida to Balitmore for our cruise, but did arrange a hotel from the cruise line. We will be staying at the Hilton Baltimore, but they do not have shuttle service from the airport to the hotel. I heard about the light rail that will take us to the convention center, which is attached to the Hilton, does anyone have any information on this or would a cab be better?

we have arranged our own flight from Florida to Balitmore for our cruise, but did arrange a hotel from the cruise line. We will be staying at the Hilton Baltimore, but they do not have shuttle service from the airport to the hotel. I heard about the light rail that will take us to the convention center, which is attached to the Hilton, does anyone have any information on this or would a cab be better?

Hello. Light Rail can definitely get you there. There is a light rail stop next to the hotel. A few things to consider with light rail; if you have alot of luggage it may not be your best option, you need to be aware of the light rails operating hoursso if you have an early arriving flight it may not be operating and same goes if you have a late arriving flight into BWI. A taxi will run you around $35-$40 dollars to downtown. Another option to consider would be to use the Super Shuttle van service, the last time I used it the cost was $15 per person to the Inner Harbor area hotels.

The light rail is VERY doable if you can manage your luggage up and down the 3 steps to the car. (There is a ADA ramp for wheelchairs/crutches, etc.)

The BWI stop is at the far end of Terminal E... If you arrive on Southwest or Airtran, it's a bit of a hike....

The Convention center stop is RIGHT in front of the Hilton.

Aloha,

John

Thanks for the info! we are scheduled to arrive at 3pm and we are on Southwest, we probably can handle the luggage, but super shuttle sounds really good. do not know anything about it, will try to do research on it, but if you have a minute can you tell me if the shuttle stops at each airline or is there a specific area to pick it up? do you need to make advance reservations?

again, thanks for the info

Thanks for the info! we are scheduled to arrive at 3pm and we are on Southwest, we probably can handle the luggage, but super shuttle sounds really good. do not know anything about it, will try to do research on it, but if you have a minute can you tell me if the shuttle stops at each airline or is there a specific area to pick it up? do you need to make advance reservations?

again, thanks for the info

The Super Shuttle has a desk in the baggage claim area. You do not need advance reservations but you can do that at their website (just google Super Shuttle). Once your van loads there are 2 other terminals that they pick up from at BWI. Southwest is the first terminal so the driver will stop at the others if there are passengers to pick up.

I think SuperShuttle will work well for you at BWI. At larger airports like Los Angeles, where you might not want to keep driving in a loop between six terminals until the shuttle is full, SuperShuttle has acquired a service called Execucar. For a few dollars more per person you get your own car [usually a sedan or small van, but once I had a stretch limo] and drive off. I used this from LAX to the Port at San Pedro and it worked very well both ways.

I flew into BWI last night and noticed they have Execucar there now.

Archived