Stockholm Transportation Questions

pappy3393

A little background: will be in Stockholm on a Wednesday (evening) and a Thursday (until 5 PM) in late June; ship docks at Frihamnen

Sites on our list: Vasa, Skansen, the Royal Palace & Gamla Stan

It looks like bus 76 is our ticket to all of these sites - at least it gets us close. Is that true? Are there other forms of transportation needed from where the bus stops or better options? What is the cost and what is the best way to get an all day bus pass, or is it even worth it? What is the bus schedule and the earliest we could catch the bus at Frihamnen?

Given the 4 sites we want to see and given that we may wind up spending more time than originally planned at any one site; how would you rank the 4 sites on our list in order of priority? My instincts wonder if Skansen is worth the time but on the other hand it seems interesting. Can we do it all and not be rushed?

A little background: will be in Stockholm on a Wednesday (evening) and a Thursday (until 5 PM) in late June; ship docks at Frihamnen

Sites on our list: Vasa, Skansen, the Royal Palace & Gamla Stan

It looks like bus 76 is our ticket to all of these sites - at least it gets us close. Is that true? Are there other forms of transportation needed from where the bus stops or better options? What is the cost and what is the best way to get an all day bus pass, or is it even worth it? What is the bus schedule and the earliest we could catch the bus at Frihamnen?

Given the 4 sites we want to see and given that we may wind up spending more time than originally planned at any one site; how would you rank the 4 sites on our list in order of priority? My instincts wonder if Skansen is worth the time but on the other hand it seems interesting. Can we do it all and not be rushed?

Bus 76 is correct. See map: http://sl.se/scripts/kartor-geografiska/7510.Innerstan.2011.html

Just a short walk over the bridge to Vasa.

If you managed to get a 24h ticket you can then use bus 44 or the tram (marked "S" on the map) to Skansen, otherwise its a 15 min walk.

From Skansen to Gamla Stan the alternatives are:

Bus 44 or tram a walk to bridge + bus 76

Bus 44 to Karlaplan + subway (direction Fruängen/Norsborg) to Gamla Stan

Djurgården Ferry

Single trips costs 36 kr or 2 coupons. A coupon costs 18 kr and booklet with 16 coupons 200 kr.

24h ticket costs 115 kr plus the card itself (20 kr i think)

A trip with the ferry costs 45 kr.

Timetable for bus 76:

http://sl.se/ficktid/vinter/v76.pdf

Vasa opens at 8:30 and Skansen at 10:00

Thank you. Where can I purchase the 24 hr ticket?

I see that you are also interested in visiting the Vasa. Have you considered purchasing the Stockholm Card?

http://shop.visitstockholm.com/en-GB/stockholmskortet-c-105-7.aspx

I am trying to decide if that option makes sense for us to cover both transportation and admission.

I see that you are also interested in visiting the Vasa. Have you considered purchasing the Stockholm Card?

http://shop.visitstockholm.com/en-GB/stockholmskortet-c-105-7.aspx

I am trying to decide if that option makes sense for us to cover both transportation and admission.

That is what we did and it worked well.

Archived