Concordia News: Please Post Here

kingcruiser1

Did they raise her a bit this morning? The bow looks a bit higher than I remember. Beautiful morning there with the pink skies:)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It certainly is. It looks like things are finally starting happen.

Update from TBB today, explains some of the above:

With the lowering of the starboard sponson S12, yesterday evening, the Concordia has emerged of an additional meter reaching an average refloating of 4 meters. Divers have worked all night to complete the connection of the chain related to sponson S18. At the moment, the Remote Operation Center team are lowering this sponson in his final position.

In the next hours, operations will continue to lower the other starboard sponsons and then the pontoons will move to the bow area to connect the last chain related to sponson S4. With these operations the wreck will emerge even more.

http://theparbucklingproject.com/article/95/Concordia_refloating_-_news_from_july_18th

So it looks like she's raising as they set up the sponsons a bit, so we should see some more of her out of the water by the end of today. Sadly I'm away most of tomorrow!

Update from TBB today, explains some of the above:

http://theparbucklingproject.com/article/95/Concordia_refloating_-_news_from_july_18th

So it looks like she's raising as they set up the sponsons a bit, so we should see some more of her out of the water by the end of today. Sadly I'm away most of tomorrow!

Definitely sitting higher in the water today. I can't wait to see the deck of the bow exposed as they raise her higher.

Sid, glad you are getting views. I can't get either the Giglio or LaRepub to work right now. Had both just a short time ago.

First I had "no levels to display" showing on Giglio Live screen.

Now it says "domain access denied."

Edited by SomeBeach

Tweet from TPP site, 1 hr ago:

"We are close to deck 5"

Parbuckling Project @InfoParbuckling

The ship emerged by 4,15 meters. #concordia #refloating

MM, I've looked at the stills from the .net site too.

Also using the Giglio parbuckle cam.

I just wish they would get the Live cam back up. After all our time spent waiting to reach this point not being able to see it stinks. :mad:

Tweet from TPP site, 1 hr ago:

"We are close to deck 5"

Parbuckling Project @InfoParbuckling

The ship emerged by 4,15 meters. #concordia #refloating

MM, I've looked at the stills from the .net site too.

Also using the Giglio parbuckle cam.

I just wish they would get the Live cam back up. After all our time spent waiting to reach this point not being able to see it stinks. :mad:

Yes, rather frustrating. In consolation though, it has me looking for other links. Found this video on TPP showing the Control Room. http://www.theparbucklingproject.com/multimedia_detail.php?eid=UEQCEwdeA2sEPwAw&cat=progetto&type=video

Got to watch the live stream after a few hours today and noticed even in darkness that deck 5 is completely out of the water. They switched to night vision and I can see people walking about on the front part of deck 5 which means it is completely out of the water now. The bow is just a few feet below water.

Edited by luisrp

Hadn't noticed it yesterday, but the vertical mast on the ship's bow is now clearly a few feet above the waterline. Think I'm correct in saying that the ship's bell hung from this mast, of course before some thieving monkey stole it in the early days!....

The bow can now be only a few inches from breaking the water surface, been comparing the two live feed pictures to library photos of CC.

Edited by CTH

From the TPP site:

Deck 5 has completely emerged and there are still about 2 meters for deck 4 to refloat. The wreck is stable in its position while operations to control ballast are performed. So far an average floating of about 6 meters has been reached through these operations.

The next press briefing will be held at 4.00 this afternoon.

Time was noted when this was posted.