Concordia News: Please Post Here

kingcruiser1

Tonka ... I think that now given the length of time the Concordia has been on its side that it would be more cost effective to cut it up once it is removed, had there been a quick fix ie moving it quicker it may have been feasable to do something with it.

Tonka ... I think that now given the length of time the Concordia has been on its side that it would be more cost effective to cut it up once it is removed, had there been a quick fix ie moving it quicker it may have been feasable to do something with it.

This was posted in a news release on CC in August 2012.

Gianni Onorato, Costa's president, told Cruise Critic in early May that the ship will ultimately be scrapped.

The following has been posted on Giglio news. Obviously there are plans to turn the Port webcam towards the wreck when activity speeds up with a chance they will reduce the time between updates.

The webcam on the piazza del porto will be rotated when the work will be in a more advanced stage and visibly appreciated.

The refresh rate, currently of 10 seconds is inversely proportional to the number of concurrent logins and proportional to the upload bandwidth available.

We may also transmit live streaming but with current resources available you might not see at all.

We will evaluate the possibility in future of streaming broadcasts

The following has been posted on Giglio news. Obviously there are plans to turn the Port webcam towards the wreck when activity speeds up with a chance they will reduce the time between updates.

The webcam on the piazza del porto will be rotated when the work will be in a more advanced stage and visibly appreciated.

The refresh rate, currently of 10 seconds is inversely proportional to the number of concurrent logins and proportional to the upload bandwidth available.

We may also transmit live streaming but with current resources available you might not see at all.

We will evaluate the possibility in future of streaming broadcasts

Increasing the refresh rate of the web cam or live streaming will be great to see when they are closer to rotating the ship onto the platform.

What are the economics re using, what is by now a hull in a sorry state, against constructing a new one. Seems highly unlikely that there would be any useful reason not to scrap. This is a cruise ship and the hull is probably only re usable as a cruise ship.

Ages ago here someone said it could be converted to carry livestock.

Horses for Findus maybe?

David.

Ken, thanks for the link, some good pictures in there.

Question: is it me or does it look to anyone else that the large hole from the rock has not been covered?

Hasn't been covered from what I see. I'm thinking they may not cover it. It could it be they sealed the spaces inside the hull from the outer tear in the hull?

Hasn't been covered from what I see. I'm thinking they may not cover it. It could it be they sealed the spaces inside the hull from the outer tear in the hull?

I guess that is possible but I'd be surprised if that was the case.

I sure hope at some point when this project is finished that there will be a show that explains everything we've been watching or reading about.

An invitation to the former commander of Concordia Francesco Schettino to attend a meeting in Numana for a project to re-launch of the Riviera del Conero in the world, triggered protests from the city mayor and the associations, that stigmatize as an idea "dark, unhealthy, and imaginative."

It started off as a news story appeared on the local pages of Resto del Carlino, according to which a tour operator numanese, which is not mentioned the name, contacted Schettino by virtue of his friendship with the captain.

An isolated initiative, I understand, if it is true that no one, including representatives of the major trade associations, knew something. "I got to - says Charles Neumann, president of the Riviera del Conero - compare with other presidents of associations, in particular with the president of the hoteliers Riviera del Conero Annamaria Ciccarelli and the president of the Tourism Association Numana Marco Agazzani, unison that belie any possibility of development of unhealthy idea to make use of any form of collaboration with Schettino. I hope, if it really was brought forth by someone locally, there has realized the image damage it causes to the territory Conero. "

"We look forward to - Neumann presses - this dark fantasy that has no foundation?: a person became famous for an event so negative definitely should not be associated with a location that thrives on tourism, beautiful and sunny. "

http://napoli.repubblica.it/cronaca/2013/02/17/news/capitan_schettino_testimonial_del_conero_rivolta_di_sindaco_e_associazioni_idea_buia_e_malsana-52869400/?ref=HREC2-1

Schettino as an advocate for tourism. I don't think so. :rolleyes:

An invitation to the former commander of Concordia Francesco Schettino to attend a meeting in Numana for a project to re-launch of the Riviera del Conero in the world, triggered protests from the city mayor and the associations, that stigmatize as an idea "dark, unhealthy, and imaginative."

It started off as a news story appeared on the local pages of Resto del Carlino, according to which a tour operator numanese, which is not mentioned the name, contacted Schettino by virtue of his friendship with the captain.

An isolated initiative, I understand, if it is true that no one, including representatives of the major trade associations, knew something. "I got to - says Charles Neumann, president of the Riviera del Conero - compare with other presidents of associations, in particular with the president of the hoteliers Riviera del Conero Annamaria Ciccarelli and the president of the Tourism Association Numana Marco Agazzani, unison that belie any possibility of development of unhealthy idea to make use of any form of collaboration with Schettino. I hope, if it really was brought forth by someone locally, there has realized the image damage it causes to the territory Conero. "

"We look forward to - Neumann presses - this dark fantasy that has no foundation?: a person became famous for an event so negative definitely should not be associated with a location that thrives on tourism, beautiful and sunny. "

http://napoli.repubblica.it/cronaca/2013/02/17/news/capitan_schettino_testimonial_del_conero_rivolta_di_sindaco_e_associazioni_idea_buia_e_malsana-52869400/?ref=HREC2-1

Schettino as an advocate for tourism. I don't think so. :rolleyes:

Nothing will surprise me anymore with that guy