Concordia News: Please Post Here

kingcruiser1

OK.......who is Commander Sadon? and sadomba Commandor or is it a translation issue?

and are they really trying to say this is all the helmsman's fault?

Talk about total nonsense!

AKK

Not sure Tonka. I was trying to figure that out or see if it was something in translation but had no luck.

Attention now focused on Boston.

This is translated by Google.translate. I think it does a slightly better job then most of the other on-line translators

GROSSETO - It 'been postponed to Wednesday, the preliminary hearing for the process Concordia. The delay is motivated by the fact of giving time to the lawyers of the accused to examine the requests made by a civil shipwrecked, associations, institutions, and by the same Coast. In Grosseto has already reached the commander Francesco Schettino who entered the theater Modern transformed for the occasion into courtroom. In recent days, the commander of the Concordia had said he intended to tell their truth. Schettino occurred in the car when they were already arrived prosecutors in Grosseto. The hearing is chaired by Peter gup Molino. In the classroom, the prosecutor of the Prosecutor and the parties' lawyers

The town of the island of Giglio, off the coasts of which the Costa Concordia ran aground asked through his lawyer Alessandro Maria Lecci compensation for 80 million euro in damages, "But that's not all, they also move the wreck - said the lawyer - it is the next tourist season. "

There are 4,209 injured parties. The clerk called the stage one by one the people (or their relatives, in the case of the 32 deaths that the shipwreck carries him). The lawyers then filed requests for admissions in the civil parties, spono 80, he also did the Costa believes that to be among the damaged since it has lost the boat.

A group of 100 survivors assisted by a group of law firms called "Justice for the Concordia" asked to seize a ship of the shipping company as collateral for a possible future risargimento, he explained the lawyer Massimiliano Gabrielli. The same pool Legal asks € 500 thousand for each castaway.

"It 's inconceivable that Costa constitutes a civil - said Francesco Pepe instead, the lawyer Francesco Schettino - my client has trusted business organization and had an accident at work." With regard to compensation said: "How do you compensate? Has only the house, then no more money, he is a worker and has no other assets with which to pay." Then he continues: "We tried that Schettino had given orders to keep the ship at a distance of one kilometer from the rock, there was an error of the helmsman, who did not abandon ship" and other circumstances. Instead this story for months "was handled in a terrible way," continued the lawyer Pepe, making it appear Schettino as "a crazy, who led the ship on the rocks." "Schettino has trusted too much of Costa and this was his mistake, now things are emerging more clearly."

Among the survivors found in the Grosseto fashion journalist Mara Parmegiani explains: "I brought this double cause why the slowness of Italian justice is appalling. Believe that in the U.S. the way for my compensation will be shorter," he explained. Parmegiani turned American lawyer John Arthur Heaves, assisting 150 victims of the shipwreck: "The fault is not only Schettino, Costa and Carnival (shipping companies ed) must give an account of what has happened: the bows were usually made ".

Meanwhile, someone comes forward who defends the professionalism of the commander Schettino "The captain has done everything possible to prevent a tragedy like the Titanic. Unlike the ship Concordia would have sunk" says William Bill Gossard, consultant to the National Transportation Safety Board Member States, speaking at the X Conference Icosit going to Montesarchio (Benevento). "Rather - adds the expert - we need to ask those who are really responsible for what happened. The sinking of the Concordia is the result of a lack of clear rules and constraints. Rather than blame Schettino, you should identify the responsibilities of, the fact, has agreed to the practice of bowing. "

The American expert has put a strong finger at those who, in his opinion, "in fact, has allowed the development of the practice of bowing."

The Company Costa Spa has already been convicted in the plea agreement to pay one million Euros of penalty. Modern theater has come to the lawyer Salvatore Catalano, who said that his client Ciro Ambrosio deputy commander at the time of impact with the rock, "is still in shock more than a year after the shipwreck." Ambrosio is not in Grosseto.

M/S Svenja is this moment on site with the first caisson. (16 April 11:30 am)

While it's about 10:15 p.m. Tues night for me in AZ, it's 7:15 a.m. Wed in Italy.

I've been watching the Svenja as it looks to be positioning itself next to Concordia. Wondering if they plan to set a sponson. Will watch for a little while longer.

Edited by SomeBeach

Thanks for sharing the pix.

It's just after 4:30 p.m. in Italy. I had started watching when the Svenja first pulled along side Concordia and came back just as it was pulling away. That was a long project to set that.

From looking at the weekly report, it looks to be the one positioned at the P10 point.

La Repubblica had an article on a hearing today. As usual, the translation leaves a lot to be desired. Here is a portion to read until we find a better article or translation.

In the morning, in the preliminary hearing, the State asked Italian through advocacy over 37 million euros of damage to the coast for the sinking of the Concordia. The damages are those incurred by the Council Presidency and the ministries of environment, transport, economy, defense and Interior to April 30, 2012.

In detail, for the Presidency of the Council of Ministers an estimate of losses of 10 million suffered by Italy as the international image, while the Environment Ministry asked 11.5 million for environmental damage and 792 thousand euros for the costs of remediation and intervention anti pollution after the sinking. 5 million damage to the protection of the image were asked by the Ministry of infrastructure and transport plus another million and 700 thousand euros for the costs incurred in the early days of the emergency.

With respect to other ministries, the defence has estimated the damage at 1.9 million, 4.2 million Interior, economy and finance 262 thousand euros. Another 2.2 million are

the damages claimed for the activities of the Commissioner delegated to the emergency.

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=it&to=en&a=http://firenze.repubblica.it/cronaca/2013/04/17/news/schettino_in_aula-56810134/&ref=HREC2-2

The follow up to the last hearing is...

The preliminary hearing for trial on the sinking of the Costa Concordia was postponed until 14 May. This was decided the judge Peter Molino this afternoon. The long delay is explained by the need to make new notifications in the light of today's decisions, including the call of Costa Crociere to "civil responsibility" in future process on the naval disaster at Lily.

And the armchair salvage expert says: Note the order of play, Caissson mounted first, THEN remaining underwater platform. At least in this position.

Other than that, the weather isn't anymore what it used to be. :D

Glad I snagged that screen grab when I did. ;)

The caisson was maneuvered either beneath or beyond the one already installed.

I'm not quite sure how these are to be arranged. Been out of the loop for a while.

La Repubblica had an article on a hearing today. As usual, the translation leaves a lot to be desired. Here is a portion to read until we find a better article or translation.

In the morning, in the preliminary hearing, the State asked Italian through advocacy over 37 million euros of damage to the coast for the sinking of the Concordia. The damages are those incurred by the Council Presidency and the ministries of environment, transport, economy, defense and Interior to April 30, 2012.

In detail, for the Presidency of the Council of Ministers an estimate of losses of 10 million suffered by Italy as the international image, while the Environment Ministry asked 11.5 million for environmental damage and 792 thousand euros for the costs of remediation and intervention anti pollution after the sinking. 5 million damage to the protection of the image were asked by the Ministry of infrastructure and transport plus another million and 700 thousand euros for the costs incurred in the early days of the emergency.

With respect to other ministries, the defence has estimated the damage at 1.9 million, 4.2 million Interior, economy and finance 262 thousand euros. Another 2.2 million are

the damages claimed for the activities of the Commissioner delegated to the emergency.

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=it&to=en&a=http://firenze.repubblica.it/cronaca/2013/04/17/news/schettino_in_aula-56810134/&ref=HREC2-2

I don't know how they can give a true estimate. Obviously, escalated for an insurance pay out.

Edited by bigeck

Hi all

Keep up the great work. I'm off for 35 days including 25 days at sea.

16 day trans Atlantic from New Orleans to Copenhagen (ports: Miami, Azores, Dover UK, Helsingborg, SW) then the Baltic (ports: Wernemunde GER, Tallinn EST, St Pete RUS, Helsinki, FIN, Stockholm SWD)

Untill then..........

Hi all

Keep up the great work. I'm off for 35 days including 25 days at sea.

16 day trans Atlantic from New Orleans to Copenhagen (ports: Miami, Azores, Dover UK, Helsingborg, SW) then the Baltic (ports: Wernemunde GER, Tallinn EST, St Pete RUS, Helsinki, FIN, Stockholm SWD)

Untill then..........

Hope you don't have any issues like what is happening at the Tampa port right now. Port has been evacuated because of suspicious package that 2 dogs sniffed out.

Baltics cruise is a good one. Enjoy.