Concordia News: Please Post Here

kingcruiser1

Just watching the pontoon with the legs sticking up. Am I right in thinking the legs seem to be much higher that normal and is this a clue that this pontoon is about to move away prior to PB.

Afternoon All,

Clive, can't say either way regarding higher pontoon legs, however the crane on board has been in operation all day, which would be more safe & stable to operate with all 4 legs on the seabed. It may be that the pontoon deck has been dropped a few feet closer to sea level, making the exposed legs above deck level seem taller? They have also put a Micoperi advertising banner on it for the cameras, which may suggest it's remaining in it's present position during PB?

I'm not able to connect to The Parbuckling Project, anyone else having the same problem?

Longbordz, the YouTube link is a direct link to the GiglioNews webcam, so no sound & the picture updates live every 10 seconds or so.

I was concerned about whether the go-ahead would be given, as the skies have been overcast for the last 24 hrs, so pleased that it's all systems go (hopefully)!!

The very best of luck to Nick Sloane & the vast teams of people involved in this stage of the salvage of CC!

Edited by CTH

Hi CTH

Think your right, Micoperi 61 has been busy all day and hasn't moved.

I cannot get on The Parbuckling Project site isn't working although it was earlier.

It seems that ER Narvik is staying in Piombino been there all day.

I hope they all have a good nights sleep ready for a busy day tomorrow.

Very surprised that the site hasn't been cleared much. Perhaps that will happen in the night

This time tomorrow Costa Concordia will, hopefully, be upright.

Good Luck to everyone involved and please stay safe.

Update at 18.24 The Parbuckling Project is back on line.

Edited by clive and anne

Just found this to share

http://news.sky.com/story/1142053/costa-concordia-lift-to-cause-huge-damage

I think what surprised me was that after the PB the ship will be actually lower in the water than now with the the water level up to deck 7 which is just below the Bridge.

Our wait is almost over friends.

Clive ... Thanks for sharing the link, fingers crossed that everything goes according to plan and that Concordia is left in the upright position after the 12 hours they say it will take.

wishing all those involved good luck with the parbuckle.

9:30PM here in the midwest USA. GMT-5:00. 1.5 hours until the parbuckling begins. I may crash for an hour or 2. When do you think the excitement will begin? Does anyone know of any live media coverage online or via cable/satellite? CNN? ESPN? :D

If you do a Google search for "Costa Concordia Live Stream" you should find some place that has it.

Us us, that's the same view from Giglio webcam. Some weeks back it was added in the drop down tab.

BBC is now saying 2 hour delay because of storms earlier.

SomeBeach, there was a press conference on the live stream shortly after 0600, but it was mostly in Italian. They got an interpreter towards the end and it sounded like they were staying pretty flexible on the times.