Concordia News: Please Post Here

kingcruiser1

Can somebody ask Nick Sloane in the ROC to move back a bit please, we cant see the bow properly. lol

Really, how dare he block our view. LOL

Actually, you will see progress sooner by watching for the angle between the red booms in the water and the top of the starboard side of the ship to change. Pick a couple of spots to take a sight on and watch. The bow is more of fulcrum point. Hope I'm explaining that in some sort of understandable way.

Really, how dare he block our view. LOL

Actually, you will see progress sooner by watching for the angle between the red booms in the water and the top of the starboard side of the ship to change. Pick a couple of spots to take a sight on and watch. The bow is more of fulcrum point. Hope I'm explaining that in some sort of understandable way.

Morning All,

Well, Reuters have spoilt us all, live video, audio, cameras panning round, we're not used to this!! Thanks to those who posted the links, & of course to Reuters!

Regarding the sound/audio, I'm hearing the sea waves, sea gulls, a distant helicopter, & presumably camera crews talking in the back ground. Do we have any idea where the microphone is, & will it pickup the strand jacks, cables/wires, pumps operating, & CC's hull groaning under the strain? Anyone heard any other noises so far?

I'm going to use the brown/black oily tidemark/waterline on the white paint just under the bridge window as a measure of movement, it comes into camera shot looking @ the front/bow of CC every so often. There's even a 'pause' button facility @ the bottom of the screen to look @ all the work done by Micoperi/Titan over the last year or so in much greater detail, fantastic!

Edit; just read that Nick Sloane gave to go-ahead to start the Parbuckle 10 mins ago @ 9am UK time.

Edited by CTH

Morning All,

Well, Reuters have spoilt us all, live video, audio, cameras panning round, we're not used to this!! Thanks to those who posted the links, & of course to Reuters!

Regarding the sound/audio, I'm hearing the sea waves, sea gulls, a distant helicopter, & presumably camera crews talking in the back ground. Do we have any idea where the microphone is, & will it pickup the strand jacks, cables/wires, pumps operating, & CC's hull groaning under the strain? Anyone heard any other noises so far?

I'm going to use the brown/black oily tidemark/waterline on the white paint just under the bridge window as a measure of movement, it comes into camera shot looking @ the front/bow of CC every so often. There's even a 'pause' button facility @ the bottom of the screen to look @ all the work done by Micoperi/Titan over the last year or so in much greater detail, fantastic!

No hull groaning, yet. I've been using that water line, too, so I know exactly what you are talking about. I am so glad they are doing the live streams for this!

I have been using the same watermark CTH.

The Parbuckling Project website is down again so its hard to get an official update.

They did say they were going to increase the pressure by 200lbs increments and expect it will take 5000Lbs to make the PB. They haven't said how often they will increase the pressure. Guess that will depend on the distortion the wreck is suffering.

Assuming the camera position does not alter the horizon is the best marker I think.

In one shot the (sorry for my ignorance) the mushroom like structure on the deck started off just about lined up with the horizon ( which should be constant)

It does appear to have moved up a little.

There must be some awful pressure on the starboard bilge right now.

David.

The black oily tidemark under the bridge definitely rising, as is Balf/David's 'mushroom' antenna above the horizon.

Next thing to lookout for is the bottom corner of the stern-end vertical caisson/sponson, which @ the moment is just above the water line, to start submerging down into the depths towards the underwater platforms.

I'm probably being a little particular, but quite a few news channels are reporting that CC is to be 'raised' today. The viewers who don't know much about it will probably expecting her to be floating by this evening, & to be towed away shortly. They will therefore be suprised to find that if the parbuckle is successful, CC will be 'righted', but then finish up lower in the water than she is @ present. Big difference between 'righted' & 'raised'!!

Unable to connect to GiglioNews or the Parbuckling project. Edited by CTH

[quote name='CTH']The black oily tidemark under the bridge definitely rising, as is Balf/David's 'mushroom' antenna above the horizon.

Next thing to lookout for is the bottom corner of the stern-end vertical caisson/sponson, which @ the moment is just above the water line, to start submerging down into the depths towards the underwater platforms.

I'm probably being a little particular, but quite a few news channels are reporting that CC is to be 'raised' today. The viewers who don't know much about it will probably expecting her to be floating by this evening, & to be towed away shortly. They will therefore be suprised to find that if the parbuckle is successful, CC will be 'righted', but then finish up lower in the water than she is @ present. Big difference between 'righted' & 'raised'!!

Unable to connect to GiglioNews or the Parbuckling project.[/quote]

Yep, should be interesting when they all see the ship start sinking again as the sponsons are filled with water.

[QUOTE=Tonka's Skipper;39973053]Morning Everyone!

I only have limited time today. of course!:rolleyes:

Believe it or not a I have a sunken boat dock to go watch get pulled out of the water!:(

AKK[/QUOTE]

Good Morning.Oh my goodness, hope all goes well with that. Do you know how it sank? Edited by USNUZULOOSE

[quote name='USNUZULOOSE']Good Morning.Oh my goodness, hope all goes well with that. Do you know how it sank?[/quote]

Well I told them I was not leaving here until the crane to on site.

A 44' Viking throttle locked on 1 engine as they were approaching thier slip Sunday morning and tore into the dock.

Luckily no one was hurt and the other boat damage was minor. The Viking we got out of the water yesterday. She will spend the winter in the repair yard though.

AKK