LMT ?'s

DTC

Booked two rooms thru LMT yesterday and as of today I called the hotel and they don't have the reservation!!

Is this normal? I did notice on my confirmation it does say your reservation might not be added to the hotels list until closer to arrival. It's pretty close to me!! And I have other reservations I need to cancel but am now leary until I can confirm my reservation with the new hotel.

Any input is appreciated!!

Booked two rooms thru LMT yesterday and as of today I called the hotel and they don't have the reservation!!

Is this normal? I did notice on my confirmation it does say your reservation might not be added to the hotels list until closer to arrival. It's pretty close to me!! And I have other reservations I need to cancel but am now leary until I can confirm my reservation with the new hotel.

I've always called the hotel to verify my room but generally not until some time has passed (weeks and not days). I'm not exactly sure how it works but apparently the hotel (I've always booked the IC in Miami) works off a separate list for third-party reservations like this.

I've used LMT and a sister site EasyClick a couple of times and it has worked out wonderfully. While not guaranteed, the hotel has even received and filled requests we have asked for via the LMT reservation.

Good luck! I'm sure it will be fine. :)

Yes, this is normal, give it a couple of days. The reservation agents don't work over the weekends so if you book Fri-Sun you will not see your reservation show up at the hotel until Monday at the earliest.

BlueHerons, I need your help. We are flying in to Miami on the 14th, need a hotel for the night and then will take the train to Orlando for a few days to visit friends. Then we'll take the train back, need another hotel and will board our cruise ship the next day. What hotel ideas do you have for us? We've stayed at IC and liked it very much. I'm also trying to figure out what the website was where I made my reservation last time. It didn't give the name of the hotel, just a price, but folks knew which one it was--maybe the third in the list?? Also, can we get around post cruise w/o a rental car very easily? Thanks for sharing your vast knowledge!!

BlueHerons, I need your help. We are flying in to Miami on the 14th, need a hotel for the night and then will take the train to Orlando for a few days to visit friends. Then we'll take the train back, need another hotel and will board our cruise ship the next day. What hotel ideas do you have for us? We've stayed at IC and liked it very much. I'm also trying to figure out what the website was where I made my reservation last time. It didn't give the name of the hotel, just a price, but folks knew which one it was--maybe the third in the list?? Also, can we get around post cruise w/o a rental car very easily? Thanks for sharing your vast knowledge!!

The website was most probably www.LastMinuteTravel.com and the IC doesn't have a particular spot but you can find it by the amount of rooms and something like 60,000 square feet of meeting space (do a search on this board and you can find out exactly how to tell, I've never booked this hotel on LMT).

As far as a car goes, if you stay in South Beach, Coral Gables, or downtown, you will not need a car to get around. Personally I'd rather go through a root canal without drugs than drive in Miami.

Is this for your February cruise? If so you are traveling over Presidents Week and that is peak week in peak season and everything will be super expensive.

Personally, depending how much time I have in Miami post cruise, I'd stay in South Beach.

The website was most probably www.LastMinuteTravel.com and the IC doesn't have a particular spot but you can find it by the amount of rooms and something like 60,000 square feet of meeting space (do a search on this board and you can find out exactly how to tell, I've never booked this hotel on LMT).

As far as a car goes, if you stay in South Beach, Coral Gables, or downtown, you will not need a car to get around. Personally I'd rather go through a root canal without drugs than drive in Miami.

Is this for your February cruise? If so you are traveling over Presidents Week and that is peak week in peak season and everything will be super expensive.

Personally, depending how much time I have in Miami post cruise, I'd stay in South Beach.

Thanks BlueHeron! Loved your analogy of driving in Miami to a root canal (I'm a hygienist). Just our dumb luck we would need a hotel during peak season.:( I appreciate your advice, though!

If you read the small print from LMT it says somthing like 'your name won't show until Xx number of days before your booking'. Until then it just shows as a bunch of rooms blocked off by the hotel for LMT, but without names....

I just went back to my last confirmation from them last year and never noticed it:

Remarks

Please note that while your booking has been confirmed and is guaranteed, the rooming list with your name may not be adjusted in the hotel’s reservation system until closer to arrival. Should you have any questions please feel free to contact us via the email or phone information on this voucher.

I just went back to my last confirmation from them last year and never noticed it:

Remarks

Please note that while your booking has been confirmed and is guaranteed, the rooming list with your name may not be adjusted in the hotel’s reservation system until closer to arrival. Should you have any questions please feel free to contact us via the email or phone information on this voucher.

Thanks, that's just what I was thinking of. For the record, we have never had any problem with a booking we had used LMT for. Always been cheap and without issue.

Archived