Qsine...What to order and what NOT to order??

cruiseaholic13

We are going on our first S-class ship, Silhouette in March. We have made reservations for Qsine. This may be a silly question - but what is "M's".:D

Thanks,

Lucy

Not a silly question, Lucy (my cat's name!:)). I wondered the same thing!:confused:

M's Favorites is a reference to the daughter of Jacques van Staden (Celebrity's Executive Chef and the person who created Qsine); her first initial is "M" and the dish consists of her favorite foods. It is indeed a collection of several different Mediterranean foods (i.e. falafel, hummus etc.) presented in a cool looking granite box.

We loved Qsine and have already booked it for DHs birthday on Summit . We enjoyed it as a couple and had no problem getting through numerous courses.

We were there for 3 hours and enjoyed the entire experience.

We both loved M's favorites (especially the lamb chops):

2910012900104945102S600x600Q85.jpg

DH enjoyed the sushi lollipops:

2587739220104945102S600x600Q85.jpg

And the taj Mahal (Indian dishes):

2555209920104945102S600x600Q85.jpg

He also loved the lobster escargot (I wasn't crazy about it). Other dishes that were good, but not great, were the chi-tini (Chinese dishes) and the tres ceviche and fire cracker shrimp. We both agred that the tacos were pretty bland.

We both loved the chocolate tombstone

2930557300104945102S600x600Q85.jpg

And the chocolate covered strawberries that our wonderful waiter Michael brought to the table.

2549363780104945102S600x600Q85.jpg

HOW FUN!!!! I AM SO EXCITED!!! Thank you SO MUCH for the pics!!!!!

Did you order ALL of the courses?? (Not judging, I just don't want to be the first to do so...ha!)

Did you order ALL of the courses?? (Not judging, I just don't want to be the first to do so...ha!)

Way too much food to order all the courses; it is not a tasting menu, but a tapas style menu.

Looking forward to dining at QSine on Summit Feb 25, 2012. How is tipping handled at the specialty restaurants?

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

A basic gratuity is included in the cover charge. Many people choose to leave a bit extra if they feel they received excellent service, but this is not required and there is no right/wrong amount.

I cannot stress this enough ... when you order, try to prioritize and order a few dishes of what you REALLY want first. Then if you're not stuffed to the brim ... start adding more. It can be a lot of food ...

Can anyone eat at the restaurant?

Yes, the only restaurant not open to everybody on Celebrity is Blu (which is the main dining room for Aqua Class guests; suites guests may eat there as well if space is available for a $5 charge at dinner and no charge at breakfast). Every other restaurant on all Celebrity ships is open to everybody. The cover charge at Qsine is $40 per/person.

We are going on our first S-class ship, Silhouette in March. We have made reservations for Qsine. This may be a silly question - but what is "M's".:D

Thanks,

Lucy

It's is one of the menu offerings in Qsine - M's Favorites (no idea who M is) - the best one IMO.

There's a picture of it in my earlier post.

Qsine is soooo much fun if you have a small group (4 or more) since you can just try lots of different things. We sampled about 10 dishes (they just coming and coming) and trying to order was a lot of fun. After scanning through the menu (on an Ipad) the 4 of us managed to decide on about 5 things. We then through ourselves on the mercy of our excellent waiter who offered to become our "guide" through the meal and he quickly suggested several more dishes. Every single dish we had was excellent. But it got to be a bit funny since there was just too much food. After the first 8 or 9 dished the waiter brought us a plate of the kobe-beef sliders (which we had not even ordered) and everyone let out a groan. One of our party made enough room to taste the slider and quickly said "yum" so we all had to stuff those things in our overfilled tummys. And then he brought dessert! OMG! To be really blunt, after having cruised on over 60 ships we are not often impressed with cruise ship cuisine....but Qusine is something special!

Hank

Thank you for letting me know who or what "M" is;) I appreciate it -- you can always learn something new on this board. We are really looking forward to sailing on Silhouette -- it will be a first for many of us in our group.

We are going to Qsine with a large group- I believe 10, so that should be fun. Thanks for the advice to get what you really want first and then you can go back for more.

Muushka - I think I love your cat:D

Take care,

Lucy

Thank you for letting me know who or what "M" is;) I appreciate it -- you can always learn something new on this board. We are really looking forward to sailing on Silhouette -- it will be a first for many of us in our group.

We are going to Qsine with a large group- I believe 10, so that should be fun. Thanks for the advice to get what you really want first and then you can go back for more.

Muushka - I think I love your cat:D

Take care,

Lucy

Awwww, Lucy (a feral who has been loved on so much she is now tame) says thanks!:)

I hope we can find a bunch of people to go with us to Q. Hopefully we will find some willing at our Connections party.

Archived