Booking On Board?

Angiet2

Hi! I am on my first Azamara trip in October. If i like it, i think about to book a transatlantic on board. Is it possible to get a discount if you are German? I usually book direct with the German office, do not have a travel agent ? Thanks for your help

Andi

We will be travelling on the Reflection in December and are considering an 11 day cruise on Azamara in October 2013.From what I have read on this thread I can purchase(?) a certificate on my Celebrity cruise for a discount on the Azamara cruise.

First of all, how much does a certificate cost? How much can I save by using it for the Azamara cruise? Can I get an Amex Platinum amenity if I use it?

We have sailed Silversea, Regent, Seabourn and Crystal many times. On those lines, you get 5% discount if you put a deposit down on a future cruise.this cruise line seems to work differently.

I have just had a long and frustrating discussion with my TA, after she had an even longer and more frustrating one with the RCI office in Sydney. The upshot of this was that I could not combine my prepaid Open Passage with the latest Azamara ICCA promotion that offers $500 OBC. When I purchased the Open Passage on board last April, it was on the understanding that it could be combined with future offers. But today I found that it could not. I can either accept the free Air plus $500 OBC, or free air and use my Open Passage voucher. But not both. And it has taken from 8 this morning until 2pm to eventually get this established. Not happy. I am feeling a bit ripped off.

Hello Tara -

After reading your comments about the confusion whether your "Open Passage" account could be combined with the International Cruise Council Australasia (ICCA) $500 OBC and the Free Air offer, I have requested that our Revenue Management Manager and the Sydney office Commercial Manager review the combinability guidelines within the scope of our policy that in most cases currently permits a guest to combine up to three offers. Perhaps there is an exclusion in the ICCA offer causing this outcome.

I'm sorry for the frustration you've experienced in what I hope was a misunderstanding. In the meantime, once I have that information I'll get back to you with the answer.

Until then, thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Hi! I am on my first Azamara trip in October. If i like it, i think about to book a transatlantic on board. Is it possible to get a discount if you are German? I usually book direct with the German office, do not have a travel agent ? Thanks for your help

Andi

Hello Andi -

I'm checking with our global revenue management team if the Onboard Booking Program is offered to residents from Germany because of the possibility of local business travel law restrictions. As soon as I have an answer, I'll let you know.

In the meantime, we're looking forward to welcoming you aboard next month!

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

We will be travelling on the Reflection in December and are considering an 11 day cruise on Azamara in October 2013.From what I have read on this thread I can purchase(?) a certificate on my Celebrity cruise for a discount on the Azamara cruise.

First of all, how much does a certificate cost? How much can I save by using it for the Azamara cruise? Can I get an Amex Platinum amenity if I use it?

We have sailed Silversea, Regent, Seabourn and Crystal many times. On those lines, you get 5% discount if you put a deposit down on a future cruise.this cruise line seems to work differently.

Hello Doglover214 -

Azamara Club Cruises' onboard sales program, "Azamara Passages," offers a per stateroom savings depending on your accommodations and voyage length:

§ Accommodation Savings on voyages of 8 nights of less: Club Suite @ $400 / Club Veranda @$300 / Club Oceanview @ $200

§ Accommodation Savings on voyages of 9 nights of more: Club Suite @ $600 / Club Veranda @$400 / Club Oceanview @ $300

Only a 50% reduced deposit is required and you will receive two Passage Certificates to five to freinds and family that entitle them to the same benefits.

Guests have two options with "Azamara Passages:"

1. "Reserved Passage" in which ship, sail date and stateroom category are required at time of initial deposit.

2. "Open Passage" in which a ship, sail date or stateroom category is not required; however, note that the 50% reduced deposit is non-refundable.

Although while you're on Celebrity the onboard sales program will be featuring Celebrity, you will be able to purchase either an Azamara "Open Passage" or "Reserved Passage" account. Also, the "Azamara Passages" offer is combinable with most future Azamara promotions offers. Please be sure to pick up a program explanation for the complete terms and conditions.

My best wishes for an enjoyable Celebrity cruise at the end of this year, and we hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you aboard Azamara next year!

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hello Tara -

After reading your comments about the confusion whether your "Open Passage" account could be combined with the International Cruise Council Australasia (ICCA) $500 OBC and the Free Air offer, I have requested that our Revenue Management Manager and the Sydney office Commercial Manager review the combinability guidelines within the scope of our policy that in most cases currently permits a guest to combine up to three offers. Perhaps there is an exclusion in the ICCA offer causing this outcome.

I'm sorry for the frustration you've experienced in what I hope was a misunderstanding. In the meantime, once I have that information I'll get back to you with the answer.

Until then, thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Thank you for your prompt reply, Bill. I look forward to hearing from you on this matter. But if this is resolved that I can benefit from the ICCA Promotion, will I still be able to - given that the promotion closed last week?

Andi

Hello Andi -

The onboard savings program applies regardless of your country of origin. Everyone is eligible!

See you soon and Happy Sailing!

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Thank you for your prompt reply, Bill. I look forward to hearing from you on this matter. But if this is resolved that I can benefit from the ICCA Promotion, will I still be able to - given that the promotion closed last week?

Hello Tara -

I'm pleased to report that we've resolved a misunderstanding between the US and Australian markets about the number of offers that can be combined with our onboard booking program. Therefore, your Open Passage account can be combined with the free air offer and the ICCA OBC, which will be protected. Actually there are different rules of engagement in each of our specific markets when it comes to combining other offers which explains the confusion you encountered.

I'm hopeful that with this news, you'll decide to rebook your March 2013 Hong Kong to Beijing voyage. I suggest that you contact the Sydney office switchboard number - 02 4331 5400 - and request to speak to Customer Service or email them at "Customerservices.au@rcclapac.com" to reinstate your cancelled booking. In the meantime, I will have sent a copy of this Cruise Critic post to them.

I'm sorry for your frustration and hope that we'll have the opportunity to welcome you onboard again this coming March.

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hello Tara -

I'm pleased to report that we've resolved a misunderstanding between the US and Australian markets about the number of offers that can be combined with our onboard booking program. Therefore, your Open Passage account can be combined with the free air offer and the ICCA OBC, which will be protected. Actually there are different rules of engagement in each of our specific markets when it comes to combining other offers which explains the confusion you encountered.

I'm hopeful that with this news, you'll decide to rebook your March 2013 Hong Kong to Beijing voyage. I suggest that you contact the Sydney office switchboard number - 02 4331 5400 - and request to speak to Customer Service or email them at "Customerservices.au@rcclapac.com" to reinstate your cancelled booking. In the meantime, I will have sent a copy of this Cruise Critic post to them.

I'm sorry for your frustration and hope that we'll have the opportunity to welcome you onboard again this coming March.

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hello Tara -

I've heard back from the Sydney office and rather than you contacting customer service, they will be reaching out to you within the next 24 hours.

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Can someone provide numerical examples of the benefits, and costs of an " open passage" booking. It does not need to be a real cruise, but could be a made up 10 day cruise

Also, if your TA has a group cruise is there any benefit switching?

Hello Roberts2005 -

Here is some information about Azamara's onboard booking program that will provide you with the savings amount that you could then deduct from the pricing that would be shown on our website's booking engine which you can access on the "FIND A CRUISE" box on the home page. Select a voyage and then click on the "Book Now" tab: http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/

Azamara Club Cruises' onboard sales program, "Azamara Passages" offers a per stateroom savings depending on your accommodations and voyage length:

§ Accommodation Savings on voyages of 8 nights of less: Club Suite @ $400 / Club Veranda @$300 / Club Oceanview @ $200

§ Accommodation Savings on voyages of 9 nights of more: Club Suite @ $600 / Club Veranda @$400 / Club Oceanview @ $300

Only a 50% reduced deposit is required and you will receive two Passage Certificates to give to friends and family that entitle them to the same benefits.

Guests have two options with "Azamara Passages:"

1. "Reserved Passage" in which ship, sail date and stateroom category are required at time of initial deposit.

2. "Open Passage" in which a ship, sail date or stateroom category is not required; however, note that the 50% reduced deposit is non-refundable.

I hope this information gives you an idea of the value of the onboard savings program which offers you the flexibility to combine it with two other promotional offers. With respect to group bookings, I will have to get back to you with a response.

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hello Andi -

The onboard savings program applies regardless of your country of origin. Everyone is eligible!

See you soon and Happy Sailing!

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Thank you Bill! Great NEWS :-)

Can someone provide numerical examples of the benefits, and costs of an " open passage" booking. It does not need to be a real cruise, but could be a made up 10 day cruise

Also, if your TA has a group cruise is there any benefit switching?

First, you would pay a lower deposit unless booking a Suite.

For a 10 day cruise it would be about a $400.00 discount on the cabin (not per person). This would be in addition to any OBC or other benefit from your travel agent (our agent had a group onboard last year with a Host and we received a free tour in Turkey - very high end - It was valued at $150.00 each because they told us if it was canceled because of lack of participants we would receive that amount in OBC - $300.00 total).

They did not explain the Passages to most passengers very well when we were onboard because they told us they did not have the numbers they would like, and also those I asked said they could get a better price from their TA so would not book onboard - not understanding this is in addition to any TA benefits.

One other benefit of an Open Passage is to book it open and request that it stay with Azamara so you can decide when you get home on the travel agent, plus if you pick a specific cruise you now only have 60 days to transfer the booking to the agent of your choice.

Hello Tara -

I've heard back from the Sydney office and rather than you contacting customer service, they will be reaching out to you within the next 24 hours.

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Thanks for that, Bill. I look forward to hearing from them. I have also let my TA know. Once again, many thanks indeed for all your efforts on behalf of the forum members. We greatly appreciate it.

• 2 months later...
Hello Tara -

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hi Bill

Back in March this year I too had the same problem as Tara after purchasing an open passage on board the Quest in December 2011. The matter would not have been resolved without your help & assistance from Adam Armstrong of RCL, Sydney. I was able to use the certificates via my TA with their discounts. I also gave two friends certificates & we are all meeting up on the Journey sailing from Chennai on 12 December 2012, so in effect I sold two additional Balcony cabins for Azamara.

On 28 October this year I contacted the same TA re advertised cruise inc flights from Perth on the Journey sailing from HK on 3 April 2013 & stated that I had another "open passage" certificate to use. She responded that this was a special promotion that " isn't combinable with any other offer". If I wanted to use the certificates the price would be $5809pp for 08 Ocean View & without certificate price was $4339pp! $1470 pp difference! It would appear the communication lines between Azamara & their agents hasn't gotten any better. I decided to forget the April sailing and as we will be on the Journey on 12 December I would take all the correspondence with me & discuss it on board with the sales rep. It's getting all too much to cope with. This will be our third Azamara Cruise since 2010 so we obviously love the experience once on board but getting there is a different matter!

Archived