Favorite place to eat breakfast on Eclipse??

cruiseaholic13

Sloop - what is a Caesar?

And....how much longer til we get that review ;). No rush or anything ;)

WOW! Fabulous suggestions!! Thanks all!! Sloop...I am also curious, what is a "Ceasar"? Also, don't make fun but what is a "Mimosa"? (I don't usually drink in the morning...ha!)

TO VERMONTER16 and CRUISEAHOLIC13,

Ok, here then a description of some of the more popular Morning Cocktails (for the record, I am not a lush, I rarely drink these even on vacation :o )

Blame all my "booze postings" on the fact that I am a Wine Lover... and so by "association"... one does seem to experience some cross-over knowledge into the Mixology world.

A typical Mimosa is a combo of Champagne & Orange Juice... Celebrity is well-known for them, as they serve them at the end of the Gangplank when first walks aboard a Celebrity Cruise Ship.

Wikipedia - Mimosa Cocktail = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mimosa_(cocktail)

Bloody Mary Cocktail - Typically made with Vodka and Tomato Juice... served on Ice in either a Tall or Short Glass and oftentimes spiced up with additions of Worcestershire Sauce, Tobasco Sauce, Salt & Pepper and a squeeze of Lemon Juice. Usually garnished with a Celery Stick.

Wikipedia - Bloody Mary = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Mary_(cocktail)

Bloody Caesar (or just a Caesar) Cocktail - Is the "Canadian" version of a Bloody Mary... and very similar in construction... Typically made with Vodka and Clamato Juice*... served on Ice in a Tall Glass that is rimmed with Celery Salt... then spiced up with additions of Worcestershire Sauce, Tobasco Sauce, Salt & Pepper and a squeeze of Lemon Juice. The standard garnish is a Celery Stalk (leaves and all)... but other popular garnishes include... Lemon or Lime Wedges... Pickles (Dill Pickles, Pickled Beans, Pickled Asparagus Spears, Pickled Onions etc)... or Olives. Steak & Seafood Restaurants often serve Caesars with a speared Shrimp afloat.

*Clamato - Is a mix of Tomato Juice and Clam Broth (Motts the company that owns the patent is very secretive about the proportions of each). Clamato and Caesars are primarily a "Canadian thing" with only a small fallowing so far in the USA (a bigger following though in Mexico). Most US Residents "assume" that Clamato Juice would have a fishy smell or taste... it doesn't. And many Americans are surprised when they do taste a Caesar at how truly GREAT it is. Unlike the Bloody Mary it is much lighter in texture (tomato juice is heavy)... and has a sort of "zip" that really sets one's palate up to eat.

The Caesar Cocktail is the MOST POPULAR Cocktail in Canada... as Mott's ads on tv here say... "You see one, you want one"... it really is this way !!

Wikipedia - Caesar Cocktail = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caesar_(cocktail)

--- --- ---

TO VERMONTER16,

The REVIEW is on its way (I promise)... BUT it seems that there is a lot more demand by those on the CC CELEBRITY BOARD for the info that I have for the 2012 Celebrity Wine List... so that has now become my main priority.

As they say... "something had to give"

Cheers!

For those not acquainted with Jack the pre breakfast b.m. is a Bloody Mary, not something else that you might do around breakfast time...

OH MY GOSH that is SO FUNNY!!! Thank you SO MUCH for clarifying that!!!! You KNOW that is exactly what I was thinking!!! hahahaha :D

TO VERMONTER16,

The REVIEW is on its way (I promise)... BUT it seems that there is a lot more demand by those on the CC CELEBRITY BOARD for the info that I have for the 2012 Celebrity Wine List... so that has now become my main priority.

As they say... "something had to give"

Cheers!

Hey Sloop - thanks for the wealth of knowledge regarding drinks ;)!!! Love it! Don't worry about the review, I sail here in just over a week. I was just trying to get myself psyched up more since I love reading your take on things!

Yes, the balcony is awesome for breakfast but the Blu is so fantastic that it makes it worth getting dressed and leave the cabin for it.

And for room service, sometimes they sent it with our cabin stewards (I asked and he said it was because of the personal attention) but on a late night dessert room service call, someone brought it... I had asked our guys if they were be called to do that for something late (as I would not have bothered them either) but they said no, they would be off duty by then

Kathy and Mark:o

Breakfast on the veranda is our favorite. If you are in Concierge Class or Aqua, you will have an extended menu.

Second favorite spot for breakfast is the Aqua Spa Cafe, for healthier options. Enjoy!

Archived