VERY URGENT QUESTIONS - please answer ASAP

sasquatch340622

Hello, I'm leaving for the MR on the wonder this Sunday (technically I start travelling for it tomorrow, got to head up to northern CA for my wedding)

Do the staterooms have an iron in them? and if I needded to bring more suitcases how do I get more luggage tags? I only have four and i think i need 5

please answer soon, As i have to finish packing quick!

There are no irons in the staterooms nor are they allowed. There are irons in the laundry rooms for guests to use. You can also send stuff out to be pressed. The fee is 1/2 of the dry cleaning charge very reasonable.

You can get more luggage tags at the port they'll give you more when you drop off your bags if needed.

Awesome... can you take a garment bag (for hanging up clothes)? Will they put a tag on those and deliever them to your room?

Just be aware all bags are thrown on top of each other so if you are trying to protect clothing or keep it wrinkle free in a hanging garment bag you can't rely on that. There could be 50 other suitcases on top of it when loaded onto the ship. If you REALLY want to protect clothing take it in your carry-on. This goes for ALL lines, not just DCL. Have a great cruise!:D

Just be aware all bags are thrown on top of each other so if you are trying to protect clothing or keep it wrinkle free in a hanging garment bag you can't rely on that. There could be 50 other suitcases on top of it when loaded onto the ship. If you REALLY want to protect clothing take it in your carry-on. This goes for ALL lines, not just DCL. Have a great cruise!:D

Agreed.

You should not check any bags at the pier that you wouldn't feel comfortable checking on an airplane flight (and I am not talking about a gate check here, but checking them in the lobby). The suitcase needs to be sturdy (not likely to tear or otherwise open), not have stray bits hanging off of it that could snag, could survive being at the bottom of a stack of about 10 cases, etc.

We take a garment bag on every cruise and our clothes never get wrinkled, even under the piles of other luggage!

My DH got a really cool garmet bag at Men's Warehouse....after you put your clothes in it, you roll it up into a tube, and the ends will carry shoes. It'd take a lot of piling to get something in that to wrinkle!!

I've got to get one of those bags! They sound awesome!

Archived