Photo ID On QM2?

Kitycaty

Can anyone who's traveled on QM2 in the past, tell me if a photo ID is taken upon boarding (as it is on Celebrity Cruise Lines' ships), i.e., as you board, your photo is taken and laminated onto a card which you carry on you and must present for embarking and disembarking at various ports for ID purposes. If not, what does QM2 do to insure ship security when passengers re-enter and leave the ship?

Thanx! :)

Yes, your photo is taken as you check in at the pier. Your photo is laminated onto your cruise card. As you board the ship your cruise card is checked on a machine that brings up your photo. Each time you disembark or embark your cruise card and photo are checked by the machine.

Thanx Imacruizer...Cunard would not divulge this information to my travel agent or to me over the telephone (I asked 3 different agents who then asked their supervisors), for "security reasons," I presume, which is ridiculous because all one has to do is ask anyone who's traveled on the ship, so for all intents and purposes it's public information anyway. :rolleyes:

Other than on board activities information, I have always had all my questions answered, and the reservation agents have actually handed over the call to their supervisor without me asking. I guess it just depends on when you call and who you get for an agent. I had a similar question, along with others, and even got a call back.

Archived