Stay/Cruise or 2wks cruise

Hi hope someone can help

I've been looking to go on Dream in September as our first time cruise, and not sure whether 2wks cruising or to do a stay and cruise.

People have said to me that being first timers it might be best to stay and cruise in case i don't like the ship. But it's my 25th anniversary and would like to do something special, so was thinking going for the 2 weeks onboard. I've ruled out Destiny due to some comments siad about it on here. So would really appreciate your comments.

If i do do stay and cruise can any one recommend which one to do out of Moorish delights or Roman Epic and what hotel would you recommend to stay in.

Thanks

Hi hope someone can help

I've been looking to go on Dream in September as our first time cruise, and not sure whether 2wks cruising or to do a stay and cruise.

People have said to me that being first timers it might be best to stay and cruise in case i don't like the ship. But it's my 25th anniversary and would like to do something special, so was thinking going for the 2 weeks onboard. I've ruled out Destiny due to some comments siad about it on here. So would really appreciate your comments.

If i do do stay and cruise can any one recommend which one to do out of Moorish delights or Roman Epic and what hotel would you recommend to stay in.

Thanks

The first cruise we ever did was a Cruise & Stay, one week around the western Med and one week stay in Majorca. After having a weeks cruise it was a really big dissapointment to be back on land in a hotel and we wished then we had done a two week cruise instead. Since then we've never combined a Cruise with a Stay somewhere, and if we do two weeks, we always do a back-to-back cruise. However, as it was our first time cruising, we did a stay in Majorca just in case we didn't like the cruise. If you are considering doing a week in Majorca, I would make sure you do that week first and then the cruise second. But if I were you, I would probably consider doing the two-week cruise.

In terms of Moorish Delights and Roman Epic, it all depends on which ports you really want to see. If I was choosing, and had never done a cruise before, I would probably go for Roman Epic. Rome is a fantastic city to visit, Corsica is a gem of an island, and from Palamos you can get to Barcelona. I would choose Roman Epic purley for Rome alone, as it's a great place to visit and you'll never see it all in one day. Moorish Delights is a good itinerary, especially if you have never been to Morocco before. However, I think that Roman Epic has got more 'highlights' of the western Mediterranean. But it all depends on where you really want to see.

Whichever you choose I'm sure you'll have a great time! :D

Hi

We stayed then cruised last year as we only wanted the itinary of the one week but wanted 2 weeks holiday.

I'm gald that we did it that way round.

We were lucky to have had a better than great hotel stay for the first week but then we were really spoiled on the Spirit for the second week, it was fantastic.

What a wonderful decision you have to make :D

We did a cruise and stay in Turkey and stayed at a lovely peaceful resort hotel after the cruise. It depends what sort of personality you are, we love cruising and getting off the ship at every port but it can be exhausting being on the go every day so a week chilling out is nice. Also, it's easier to get a sunbed at a hotel and they are not crammed together. Unless you stay on the ship a lot you also have to factor in the expense of the trips, etc. which can add up to quite a lot. I notice that Thomson are doing cruise and stay on 10 and 11 nights now on a lot of cruises with the cruise first then a half week stay which might suit better.:):)

Jan

Only ever done a two week cruise once and after a week or so actually found it quite boring,all the ports looked much the same.Much prefer a stay n cruise

Not in a position recommend either of the cruises as its each to there own but were doing the Moorish Delights in May and staying at the Son Matias Beach Hotel Palma Nova.Can recommend the hotel as this will be our third time there

Thanks for your responses I knew you wouldn't let me down :)

Sailaway - you've really sold it to me. Defo would like to do Rome.

Ecko - I understand what you are saying, that is another cost to consider. I'll take a look at those 10 day holidays.

Thanks everyone

After getting hooked on cruising we did several stay and cruises, only once did we cruise and stay as we found the hotel a bit of a dissapointment after cruising. In those days we were more restricted financially. Now we always cruise for 2 weeks as we just love the cruising experience, the problem with a week is that you are just nicely getting into the swing of things when its nearly over. However for a first timer a stay/cruise/stay is ideal, as sometimes you just try and fit so much into a weeks cruising that you need a rest afterwards.

We have done Cruise and Stay

Stay and Cruise

and even Stay - Cruise and Stay again

I can tell you. If you can afford a 2 weeker on the ship. Stay on the ship. Even if you have been to the ports before. You can always walk off and lay on the beach and not do any trips. Food and Service is better on the ship.

Plus you dont have far to stagger on an evening and even get a chippy for free on the way down to the cabin. :D

Colin B

Northern Ireland

2 week cruise - definitely. Our first family cruise was cruise/stay - although we stayed in a lovely hotel the 2nd week, I just wanted to be back on that ship and the ship's staff, entertainment, food and experience knocked spots off the land based holiday!

We did a 2 week cruise the next time - came home absolutely shattered as we had been up all day and most of the night but we have so many special memories and we're doing it all again this year! Think we will try & pace ourselves a bit better this time and do a few more chill out days !!!!

came home absolutely shattered as we had been up all day and most of the night but we have so many special memories and we're doing it all again this year! Think we will try & pace ourselves a bit better this time and do a few more chill out days !!!!

There is so much going on and you don't want to miss out. After three days I have to go to bed for an hour or two between sailaway and getting dressed for dinner.

Carol x

There is so much going on and you don't want to miss out. After three days I have to go to bed for an hour or two between sailaway and getting dressed for dinner.

Carol x

;);) My thoughts exactly - we make the most of every minute!! Think I will have to do a bit more sleeping in the sun in the afternoon this year....I could have done with a week off to recover when I got home - unfortunately I had to return to work !!

Archived