Carnival Liberty - Harry's Steakhouse - Reception

goodtoglow

I don't have time to post a full review of my wedding cruise just yet, but I know what it is like to try and gather information while planning a wedding, so I'm going to share some photos of our reception for now!

We rented out the entire Steakhouse aboard the Carnival Liberty. We paid for 108 dinners, but we had 79 people attend. It was worth it to us, to pay the difference, for the privacy of the venue as well as being able to have it for the entire night.

I posted details about the reception in this thread:

Carnival Steakhouse

Dining Room Set Up

0904.jpg

0905.jpg

0908.jpg

0913.jpg

Cake Topper

0910.jpg

Bridal Party Chair Signs

0912.jpg

Close up of our "Kissing Menu" which was on the other side of the table number

1213.jpg

Reception during speeches

0980.jpg

Another view

1016.jpg

Congo Line to the deck party after our reception (you can see the ladies on one side of the stairs & the men on the other side!)

1223.jpg

Dance party!

1240.jpg

And because I loved them sooooo much, my gorgeous gorgeous flowers!!!

0769.jpg

• 11 months later...

Just stumbled accrossed this thread while searching for info on steakhouse receptions. I have contacted Carnival and they have told me that they do not allow receptions in the steakhouse. Did you have to jump through hoops to get them to allow the reception in the steakhouse? I really would like to have my reception in the steakhouse...but I don't know where to turn at this point.

Just stumbled accrossed this thread while searching for info on steakhouse receptions. I have contacted Carnival and they have told me that they do not allow receptions in the steakhouse. Did you have to jump through hoops to get them to allow the reception in the steakhouse? I really would like to have my reception in the steakhouse...but I don't know where to turn at this point.

OP has not logged into CC since May 2012. I am just guessing, but probably she was able to have her reception in the steakhouse because she paid to rent out the entire venue. When you do this, you probably can have any type of party you like.

I contacted carnival about renting the steakhouse for my reception. I was told that you have to pay for all of the seats in the steakhouse (varies depending on ship), so if it seats 108 people (108 x 30) it would cost 3240.00. Also this is not handling through the wedding department, I think it was guest relations who handles, if you are interested in doing this just contact carnival and tell them you want to book a private party they will connect you to the correct department. I am doing this for my reception, I want the privacy and I don't want to be limited to 2 hours. I have read all the reviews, and I have not started nailing down details for mine, but from what I have read you have many options. Such as music, ect.....

I contacted carnival about renting the steakhouse for my reception. I was told that you have to pay for all of the seats in the steakhouse (varies depending on ship), so if it seats 108 people (108 x 30) it would cost 3240.00. Also this is not handling through the wedding department, I think it was guest relations who handles, if you are interested in doing this just contact carnival and tell them you want to book a private party they will connect you to the correct department. I am doing this for my reception, I want the privacy and I don't want to be limited to 2 hours. I have read all the reviews, and I have not started nailing down details for mine, but from what I have read you have many options. Such as music, ect.....

Do you have any direct contact info for guest relations? I have sent a request through their website to the groups department but have not gotten a response.

Archived