Epic Second City for Kids???

amhcruise

We are booking our entertainment for our March sailing on the Epic. Just wondering about Second City for kids? Our boys are 11 and 8...very well behaved and good sense of humor. I know I have read that the early shows are more appropriate for young audiences, so I'm not really concerned about that. I am more wondering if it is a show that kids would even enjoy? Is it mostly adult humor that would go over the kids' heads anyway? Just wondering if this is something we should book for the whole family, or not bother dragging the kids to? As a side note...the same question would apply to the comedian/magician, although I realize that can't be booked ahead of time. Any thoughts would be much appreciated! :)

Yes second city is kid friendly. They have a 11 pm adult show but most of their jokes are kid friendly (regular shows). They use all kinds of audience participation and I remember kids sitting up front and yelling things at them. They really enjoyed it. I have heard worse things on prime time TV than at Second City.

I did not even think their "adult" show was too bad. I think much of their adult humor is not raunchy and would fly right over kid's head.

The cast of Second City also does the Murder Mystery lunch which is a big hit with the kids (although the silly kids questions sort of ruin the act)

DS was 8 last year on Epic, and we discovered we have a comedy club fanatic thanks to that trip!! The shows are not just appropriate for kids this age, they are geared toward them-- they remind the audience at the beginning that kids are there and to behave. My son LOVED yelling suggestions and seeing what they did, and we had to bring him to Murder Mystery as well, because once he discovered them we had to do everything Second City!! Definitely try it out, be prepared to go back, too!

Archived