Galveston Taxis

jigger

When we arrive in Galveston after our cruise. Will there be taxis available to transport us to our hotel in Galveston ?

yes here are #'s though

A-1 Taxi Svc · (409) 945-4408

512 Texas Ave · Texas City · Directions

Tropical Taxi · Website · (409) 621-4000

503 21st St · Galveston · Directions

Busy Bee Taxi · (409) 762-8429

3827 Ball St · Galveston · Directions

Jeff's Cab Co · Website · (409) 621-5333

There are always plenty of taxis waiting...at least there have been on the 5 cruises weve taken out of galveston.:)

How long did you have to wait? We heard the wait was over an hour, and when we looked the line was huge.

We had a phone number of a specific taxi driver we had used prior to the cruise, and he picked us up across the street from the port.

I am really starting to wonder if I truly cruised out of Galveston on Jan 1st, 2012, arriving back on January 8th 2012.

Based on everyone elses experiences in Galveston, I am starting to question my sanity.

But then I am not from Texas, and have to fly, so I have many choices.

There were definitely not any taxis waiting when we got out of the terminal, and a line with at least 100 people in it. Even the people working at the port said it would be a lenghthy wait.

Embarkation and Debarkation was a long drawn out time waster, due to fog. I am in decent shape,and standing in line for 2 plus hours waiting to board, and 1 hour for customs with self debarkation in my opinion is no way to begin or end a vacation.

Crowds and traffic was crazy.

Guess I will have to give it another try. After 16 cruises Galveston was my worst so far. Maybe I will experince something similar on my 17th cruise next month, in FLL, and will be happy to return to Galveston.

I live in Houston so normally I drive to Galveston and park. However, January 22 I decided to get a room and leave my vehicle parked at the hotel.

When we disembarked January 29 after we made it out of the terminal, the porter took us straight to the tax line where there were a number of taxi cabs waiting. We immediately got on one and went to the hotel. Super easy! Maybe we were lucky?

I am really starting to wonder if I truly cruised out of Galveston on Jan 1st, 2012, arriving back on January 8th 2012.

Based on everyone elses experiences in Galveston, I am starting to question my sanity.

There were definitely not any taxis waiting when we got out of the terminal, and a line with at least 100 people in it. Even the people working at the port said it would be a lenghthy wait.

Embarkation and Debarkation was a long drawn out time waster, due to fog. I am in decent shape,and standing in line for 2 plus hours waiting to board, and 1 hour for customs with self debarkation in my opinion is no way to begin or end a vacation.

Guess I will have to give it another try. After 16 cruises Galveston was my worst so far. Maybe I will experince something similar on my 17th cruise next month, in FLL, and will be happy to return to Galveston.

Maybe you will and maybe you won't in Florida.

We hope you will return to Galveston!

Don't you think the mother nature circumstances

had something to do with it in Galveston.

If you are going to cruise,

there can be complications at any time.....

of some nature....anywhere in the world!!!!!!!

Fog or no fog!

However we still go expecting the unexpected!!!!!!!!

We buy insurance just in case .

You cannot control mother nature and it's consequences!

A good attitude is the difference between ordeal and adventure!

Being happy does not mean that everything is perfect.

It means you have decided to look beyond the imperfections

of you’re expectations.

Patience is essential, attitude is everything.

Our worse experiences have been in Florida and Europe:

We have never experienced a problem in/or out of Galveston!

Ft Lauderdale:

Terrible experience,we missed our flights,

didn't get off ship till around 11:00

Rccl said customs did not show up on time!!!!

Customs said it was a RCCL problem!!

Who knows....... we missed 11:30 flight!

As close as airport is..... we still missed flights

on a holiday weekend with many many complications.

We would still will go back though!

Orlando, Port Canaveral:

Bad storms, transfer services bad, barely made ship

CocoCay RCCL:

Approx 50% chance to get into island destination port.

Weather and winds may not let ships into this distination port!!!!!!

Miami:

Wouldn't let bunch of us back on ship for long time without explanation?

Embark Fed's and contract workers

were arrogant and horribly rude!

We all finally got back on ship though!

London:

Airline Traffic Controller Strike - problems with flights

Lisbon:

Bad Storms and trouble with flights being changed to get out of Europe!

Tampa:

Fog

Cayman Islands:

High winds and missed island

Customs may not show up on time!!!!

Transfer vehicles breakdown!!!

Threats on excursion from tour operator for more money!!!

Excursion bus breakdown!!!

Vocanic ash all over Europe!!!!!

Snow and Ice in the Mid West and Northeast and Denver!!!!!!!!

Badstorms in Port Canaveral

Badstorms in San Juan

Hurricanes in Atlantic, Carribean and Gulf

We hope you will return to Galveston!

I agree anything can and will happen at some point in our journeys.

I agree you need to expect the unexpected and accept it.

But people need to be aware that situations happen in Galveston, like anywhere else. It is just such a well known famous fact, that Galveston is prone to fog in Jan thru March. I did not do my homework, and know about the possibility of fog until after I booked my cruise and flights.

I will be back to Galveston.

I have said in other posts. I loved the hospitality, the food, the scenery, and the reasonable accomodations. I can stay in Galveston (if booked far enough in advance with CAA discounts), for 3 to 4 nights for the same price I will pay for 1 night in Fort Lauderdale.

I don't care for Galvestons cooler weather in January. I like to start my cruise in shorts and a tshirt. That is often not even possilbe in Florida.

I will be back to Galveston. May try a cruise in April or November. After all you have the BEST Carnival Ship currently on the water!!!!

I will be back to Galveston.

I have said in other posts. I loved the hospitality, the food, the scenery, and the reasonable accomodations. I can stay in Galveston (if booked far enough in advance with CAA discounts), for 3 to 4 nights for the same price I will pay for 1 night in Fort Lauderdale.

I don't care for Galvestons cooler weather in January. I like to start my cruise in shorts and a tshirt. That is often not even possilbe in Florida.

I will be back to Galveston. May try a cruise in April or November. After all you have the BEST Carnival Ship currently on the water!!!!

I'm glad you enjoyed the Texas hospitality! We just cruised in November this year and had excellent weather leaving Galveston. Best weather I've ever cruised in, believe it or not, was in late September in the middle of hurricane season! Hope you have better luck next time and NO fog! ;)

What zone number were you when getting off the ship? We usually park but the past 2 times have gotten a hotel and parked there. Both in December and January there were several taxis waiting, there was a 10 minute wait for the porters however. Perhaps the fog is the reason, though I'm sure not sure. The one time we had fog was on our B2B in December, and it was in the middle so we only got off the ship and back on and had no fog on the second time back. This past month was amazing getting on the ship - we were through security and on the ship within 25 minutes!

What zone number were you when getting off the ship? We usually park but the past 2 times have gotten a hotel and parked there. Both in December and January there were several taxis waiting, there was a 10 minute wait for the porters however. Perhaps the fog is the reason, though I'm sure not sure. The one time we had fog was on our B2B in December, and it was in the middle so we only got off the ship and back on and had no fog on the second time back. This past month was amazing getting on the ship - we were through security and on the ship within 25 minutes!

We actually did the self assist, but not until 2pm, due to the fog delays. We were off before any of the numbers were called. In fact when we went by the luggage area, there was very little off, but the custom lines were extremely backed up. I have to wonder if they started letting us off before customs was ready. The Mariner arrive just 20 minutes after us too. The port was extremely congested, and to be expected, with 2 ships arriving so late, and all the embarking passengers waiting.

Archived