Half Moon Cay

Buffalofirsttimer4

Since I have booked a cabana and we are a group of 12- yes I know before I get flamed that it is suppose to be for 4 people only and no, we are not going to book another nor are we booking the Private Oasis-now that we have gotten that out of the way...... ;)

My question is-can we move loungers from the beach over near the cabana? Some want all sun, others don't, but we would all like to be able to come and go. Is that possible? And if you had to choose which cabana is near the food & restrooms without being crowded? I'm thinking #9 or 10 might work for our group after reading reviews and doing some research but would love your opinion.

Thanks, happy sailing :)

Cabana #10. Shade trees on the left with two hammocks between #10 and #11. We had very few people around us.

DSCN0283.jpg

DSCN0284-1.jpg

I was thinking of Cabana #10 for my trip in May. Are the 2 hammocks for Cabana #10 only or are they shared with the Cabana #9 and Cabana #11? We are 2 couples and it would be nice if each of us can have 1 to relax on but I don't want to be known as a "hammock hog" :D

Did it seem like alot of ppl were by your cabana to use the restroom? We loved cabana #6 last time as it was quiet but now with the new bar built we think we'll have to (hopefully) move down farther but dont want ppl walking right by all day. But i didnt want to go to far down.

I was thinking of Cabana #10 for my trip in May. Are the 2 hammocks for Cabana #10 only or are they shared with the Cabana #9 and Cabana #11? We are 2 couples and it would be nice if each of us can have 1 to relax on but I don't want to be known as a "hammock hog" :D

The hammocks are for anyone on the beach. First come, first serve.

There was not a hammock on the rightside of cabana #10. There were two hammocks between #10 and #11 (as shown in the photo, the hammocks are head to head). They do not come with the cabana rental. They are free to whomever wants them. First come first serve.

Also, we could not hear any music from the new ship bar in cabana #10.

There are a couple of large threads that are "all about HMC". You might want to read them for specifics.

Food is part of your cruise fare. Water park- small- is free. Excursions- snorkeling etc. have a fee.

Here are a couple of those threads:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1315254

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1002175

Are the activities on Half Moon Cay individually priced? Particularly the water park, the food, snorkeling??

The food is free, coming from your cruise ship, served by your cruise waiters.

I really wouldn't term it a water park. A small slide, and little area to climb about.

Archived