Another tragedy.

jimbob622uk

Almost every cruise I have ever taken has had someone die on it, from something. Thats why the build morgues on them.

What are the odds of it on a city of 3000to9000 people .

The Oaisis is 50% larger than the largest aircraft carrier in the Navy.

Lots of balconies, lots of liquor....no surprise that there are more "missing at sea" occurences. Sounds cold, but what exactly can the cruise lines do to reduce the number of these.....screen in the balconies, stop selling liquor.

At some point, people have to take responsibility for what they do.

Sorry to hear this, I'm always sorry to hear of a death....but I can't get too excited about hearing the news.

Using the table? If he was a healthy 30 year old guy why would he need to get on his table? I'm a chubby old lady and I could get over my railing w/o the use of a table. Was he using it as a diving board? That's kind of odd. Guess we'll never know. I feel for his family and friends.

Atlantis runs whole ship charters primarily for youngish gay men who like to PARTY. The company supplies it's own super-amped sound systems, DJs, music and entertainers.

The ultimate party boat. Evidently the crew likes it because of all the booze consumed, huge tips.

Almost every cruise I have ever taken has had someone die on it, from something. Thats why the build morgues on them.

What are the odds of it on a city of 3000to9000 people .

The Oaisis is 50% larger than the largest aircraft carrier in the Navy.

It may not be the case in this instance, but the odds go up when the age demographics go up, which they do on cruise ships as a general rule. The death rate on cruise ships reflects the population. They loose far more to old age and terminal illness than overboard.

We have friends on this sailing... but I don't have much fear that they will loose it and go diving with out a floatie...

Archived