Is it just me?

Is it just me or do other people feel the same. We have been on many cruises, sometimes 2 or 3 a year and I loved them, but now I don't know how I feel. We had decided not to cruise this year and have booked 2 holidays, one to France for a month and one to Florida for 2 weeks. Before the Concordia turning over I was looking at cruises to see if I could find a bargain, but now I can't bring myself to even look for another cruise. I would perhaps have been better if I had already had a cruise booked, then I would have to have overcome my fear or lost our money.

Is it just me or do others feel the same? Did you think when it all settles in the news I will feel better. I do hope so, I really loved cruising. :confused::confused:

Is it just me or do other people feel the same. We have been on many cruises, sometimes 2 or 3 a year and I loved them, but now I don't know how I feel. We had decided not to cruise this year and have booked 2 holidays, one to France for a month and one to Florida for 2 weeks. Before the Concordia turning over I was looking at cruises to see if I could find a bargain, but now I can't bring myself to even look for another cruise. I would perhaps have been better if I had already had a cruise booked, then I would have to have overcome my fear or lost our money.

Is it just me or do others feel the same? Did you think when it all settles in the news I will feel better. I do hope so, I really loved cruising. :confused::confused:

I do understand your feelings and think in the circumstances it is quite a natural response to the horrors we've seen on TV.

But I do think you are right in that having a cruise booked makes a difference. We DO have a cruise booked and therefore I think you have to rationalise it a little more knowing that you've got to face your fears. And as a result I think I'm actually much less anxious than if I hadn't got one booked and had to 'take the leap of faith'. In effect, I've HAD to make that leap as it would mean the loss of so much money not to.

And of course if you look at the statistics, it's a much safer form of transport than flying or being on the road - which is something most of us do every day.

Events of this kind are extremely rare thankfully so I'd say, go enjoy your holidays this year and I'm sure with the passage of time you will come round to cruising again. And don't forget that this incident is likely to bring about a tightening up of procedures and safety - especially when human error is involved training will be reinforced and everyone will be far more sensitive to cutting corners or taking liberties with passenger and crew safety.

We do have a cruise booked it's our 1st one. I can honestly say it didn't even enter my mind to cancel, nor am I worried about it happening to us.

Every day you hear of car crashes but still go in cars, the same for crossing the road. Accidents happen but you can't live your life in fear or you would have no life.

You are still flying to Florida and planes crash as well (sorry for that!!).

Go book your cruise and have a great time on your other holidays x

One question is "Would you still fly somewhere after hearing about a plane crash?" We were planning to book a cruise when the Concordia happened but didn't even consider changing our minds. In fact we booked it yesterday. But we had planned to book deck 1 or 2 but have paid more for deck 4 on the Celebration. And we intend to familiarise ourselves with the emergency drill as soon as we get on board.

So it has made some difference to our plans.

I wouldn't worry about it. Safety is at it's highest after an accident as crew, staff and passengers are more aware of their responsibilities. You are more likely to trip over that rug at home that you've been meaning to move and didn't get round to.:):);)

Jan

One question is "Would you still fly somewhere after hearing about a plane crash?" quote]

We flew out of Manchester in 1985 a few days after the plane that caught fire and killed over 50 people was sat yards away from us as as we taxied by it . A few years later we were flying out of East Midlands and a month before a plane hit the M1 embankment . A few years after that we were landing in bad weather at Manchester when we were feet off the runway and the engines just roared back into life and we swerved away from the airport, through the clouds to circle for 20 minutes. A plane landing before us had burst its tyres all over the runway . One day on our way back from Manchester a family that had been away , Landed safe at Manchester were crushed to death on the dreaded Woodhead road heading for Sheffield after a lorry failed to stop ploughing the car into the back of another HGV in front of them .

If I thought about it long enough I would never step out of our house . :eek:

My point is , be as safe as you possibly can , You have made changes that you think will lessen any risk , good .:) Now you need to live your life and I hope you will book a cruise soon :) You know you want to really .;)

Ps I wont stay in our house as they are one of the high risk places you could be .:eek:

Archived