Soda ..

pdteneyck

http://m.ncl.com/mt/www2.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/bon-voyage-gifts

Unlimited Fountain Soda

Includes: Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Mt. Dew, Ginger Ale, Tonic water, Club Soda.

The entire cruise must be purchased. Non-Refundable.

Prepaid @ $6.25 per person per day x Cruise days plus 15% gratuity

and applicable taxes

Souvenir Thermal mug included in the purchase of the program

Kids 12 and under are $4 per day.

How much does a single soda cost? And can you just carry on a six pack of your own? If so, how do you go about doing that? Thanks.

Yes, you can bring soda on. We brought it in our carry-on. I believe a can of soda is about $2.25 with the tip.

How much does a single soda cost? And can you just carry on a six pack of your own? If so, how do you go about doing that? Thanks.

I brought my favorite Raspberry Diet Rite in the suitcase I handed the porter at the curb. They made it to the room just fine.

You can also stop by local marts on your way back to the ship in ports to grab soda. They held our rum (and gave it back the last night) when reboarding but let us keep the sodas...(actually they never looked in our shopping bags but we volunteered the rum because it is the rule) :)

I always buy my son, 8 y/o for this upcoming cruise, a soda card. He just feels so "grown up" being able to flash his card to get his OWN soda.

He really does not spend anything else on the cruise and I figure if I can have a few more cocktails on my vacation than I would at home, then he can have a few more sodas on his vacation than he would be allowed at home.

It's just fun to watch him get a soda with such enthusiasm.

forget the soda card....carry some on the ship with you, it will be WAY cheaper. I asked my room attendant to clean out the mini bar for me and he put everything in the fridge for me. Flying would be tough (obviously) but you can always stop at the first port...or splurge on the card.....freestyle right?

Thanks for the info. and glad I asked. Sounds like I'll be taking some with us in our carry on. My boyfriend likes diet coke and I know they serve diet pepsi. He doesn't mind pepsi, but would prefer coke. So by bringing our own, we will not only save money, but he'll get to drink what he prefers... :) Counting the days... :D

Thanks for the info. and glad I asked. Sounds like I'll be taking some with us in our carry on. My boyfriend likes diet coke and I know they serve diet pepsi. He doesn't mind pepsi, but would prefer coke. So by bringing our own, we will not only save money, but he'll get to drink what he prefers... :) Counting the days... :D

Just tell him he has to be discrete...if he openly walks around the ship with a diet coke can his liable to inundated with questions from diet coke junkies trying to score one (come to think of it, it might be lucrative if you bring enough;)).

Does anyone know when you buy this soda card, do you have to carry this special thermal glass with you to get a refill or can you just show the card and get a glass of pop whenever you want it? Tx

No carrying the thermal cup all over the place, show your sticker and they will bring you a glass of soda.

Does anyone know when you buy this soda card, Tx
Welcome to cruise critic!!

You will be able to purchase the soda sticker on the first day (sometimes on the second day as well depending on how long your cruise is). Look for tables set up on the pool deck, or ask at the larger bars and they will help you.

Just an aside, I loved Malta! I was there for a week 2 years ago and had a wonderful time.

Does anyone know when you buy this soda card, do you have to carry this special thermal glass with you to get a refill or can you just show the card and get a glass of pop whenever you want it? Tx

Here is a tip for you. Bring a large (20-30 oz) plastic glass with you. Purchase the soda card. When you want a large refreshing beverage, show your soda sticker and hand them your glass. Once they fill it with ice, you will get about 16oz of soda. A lot more soda than they fit in the crappy thermal cup or a tiny glass.

Here is a tip for you. Bring a large (20-30 oz) plastic glass with you. Purchase the soda card. When you want a large refreshing beverage, show your soda sticker and hand them your glass. Once they fill it with ice, you will get about 16oz of soda. A lot more soda than they fit in the crappy thermal cup or a tiny glass.

I'm kinda partial to my crappy thermal cup. :D :p :D

BTW - good tip!

DH got the soda pass last week and brought a 12 pack of Pepsi on board. There were a couple of times that he ordered a drink and I ordered a soda and since they used his card they gave me my soda for free even though I was the one requesting it.

Welcome to cruise critic!!

You will be able to purchase the soda sticker on the first day (sometimes on the second day as well depending on how long your cruise is). Look for tables set up on the pool deck, or ask at the larger bars and they will help you.

Just an aside, I loved Malta! I was there for a week 2 years ago and had a wonderful time.

Thanks for the valuable information. So glad that you liked Malta although we have been having a little bit of a cold spell at the moment :(. Been living here for 11 years and I must say if you happen to come here on a cruise I think Malta has one of the most beautiful ports in Med!

DH got the soda pass last week and brought a 12 pack of Pepsi on board. There were a couple of times that he ordered a drink and I ordered a soda and since they used his card they gave me my soda for free even though I was the one requesting it.

That is great to know too. My husband drinks soda but not as much as me :) so maybe I only need to get one card and we can share it.

We're looking at getting the card for our son, but not sure if I would drink enough to make it worth it. What beverages are included with dinner? Would I need a soda card when I'm having a meal in the restaurant?

One thing we were thinking of doing is bringing a 2 qt pitcher with us. We can pick up some powdered drink mixes from WalMart like lemonade or Mio and make our own drinks. Is it easy to get ice and drinking water on the ship?

We're looking at getting the card for our son, but not sure if I would drink enough to make it worth it. What beverages are included with dinner? Would I need a soda card when I'm having a meal in the restaurant?

One thing we were thinking of doing is bringing a 2 qt pitcher with us. We can pick up some powdered drink mixes from WalMart like lemonade or Mio and make our own drinks. Is it easy to get ice and drinking water on the ship?

Instead of a pitcher just bring refillable water bottles and individual packets of drink mix. Water and ice are both easy to come by. At meal times iced tea, coffee, and milk are available, with juices being available at breakfast. If you bring the individual packets of drink mix you may add it right to your water glass at dinner, too.

Archived