Allure question

Just off the Allure and I can honestly say I never felt crowded. They do a great job of spreading the crowd throughout the ship. Make sure you make reservations for the shows and you will be just fine. We were on deck 14 and the only times elevators were an issue was at the main dining times and that was only minor. Allure is a great ship with a fantastic crew. You will not be disappointed.

We have been twice on the Allure and it is, by far, the least crowded ship we have ever been on. The only crowds we encountered were the parades and the dsico night. Whoever designed this ship knew what they were doing. Enjoy the Allure/Oasis.

Just off the Allure and I can honestly say I never felt crowded. They do a great job of spreading the crowd throughout the ship. Make sure you make reservations for the shows and you will be just fine. We were on deck 14 and the only times elevators were an issue was at the main dining times and that was only minor. Allure is a great ship with a fantastic crew. You will not be disappointed.

Thanks! Would we make reservations once we're aboard or can they be made in advance?

We have been twice on the Allure and it is, by far, the least crowded ship we have ever been on. The only crowds we encountered were the parades and the dsico night. Whoever designed this ship knew what they were doing. Enjoy the Allure/Oasis.

Thanks!

We're thinking about a cruise in May on the Allure, but are worried about crowding and waiting in lines (we have only been on the Voyager, Adventure and Monarch before). I would appreciate any advise and help, please

The Oasis and Allure have been fully booked since being in service. Ninety per cent of the people who have sailed these ships have all stated how they did not feel any crowding except when there were special events happening. The good thing about that is that the ships are so big that you can avoid those areas if you don't want to be bothered or you can join in.

Show reservations can and should be made on-line on RCI web site around 90 days Pre-cruise.

I also feel the Oasis was the least crowded ship I've ever sailed on. Of course, the WJ was crowded at times, especially on embarkation. The Promenade was full during the parades. The first night for ATD was a zoo and we will escape this in April by going to a SR the first night. Never had issues with elevators, either, you will love it!!! Definitely make your show reservations ahead of time. It is a cruise that you need to plan for regarding shows and SR as they both fill up and you are left with less than desirable times.

we have done allure and oasis, no lines other than after shows are out then elevators can be busy. MAKE your show reservations as soon as you can online, sometimes they bookup and then you have to hope you get in once on the ship. We never saw long lines for zip or surf but I believe you have to sign up for those also.

Both Oasis and Allure have two Flowriders , one dedicated to bodysurfing one to stand up so the lines are shorter than if you were on a Freedom class ship which has to divide time available between the two styles.

embarking/disembarking the ship is a breeze in port as they have so many machines at each gangway to 'ding' you on and off. On the itinerary we did ( ST.Thomas, St. Maarten ) all security screening is done on the pier in a building before you get on the ship so no delays there.

These ships are a marvel of technology, even the lifts are brilliant , they light up red for down and green for up or is it the other way round, sorry I forget and they also make a different sound depending if it is going up or down.

I feel so lucky to have been able to experience both Oasis and Allure:)

I agree with other posters. I've been on both Allure & Oasis. RCCL does a wonderful job of crowd management! I was totally turned off by the entire "reservation" concept until I experienced it myself! Now I'm a believer!! It completely keeps the number of people on different floors in different areas. So at no time does it feel over crowded!:D I never found the elevators to have a longer wait than any other ship. Meal time always sends people to them.;) Do NOT let the fear of crowding prevent you from experiencing such an exceptional ship!!!! I promise you'll LOVE it! Enjoy all the things it has to offer & use the reservation system to your advantage! A little prior planning makes for really fun relaxing vacation! Have fun!!!

Count me in too - after just spending 9 days on the Liberty I can now thoroughly appreciate how well the crowds were dispersed and how much more space was on the Oasis & Allure! More times than I could count on Liberty you would be walking along and walk into a wall of people who just felt they needed to have a conversation in the middle of the "road"... elevators post shows/meals etc were insane - it was nothing to have to wait for 8-10 to come and go before getting near the door let alone finding one that there was room in!

On Oasis/Allure there was much more space, elevators, lounge chairs etc that you never had that grrrrrrr moment ;)

We're thinking about a cruise in May on the Allure, but are worried about crowding and waiting in lines (we have only been on the Voyager, Adventure and Monarch before). I would appreciate any advise and help, please

I hate to steal Nike's phrase, but just do it! I can personally attest to the fact that May cruise on Allure is a wonderful time and I hope to go it again in 2013.

What about lines for the surf machine, zip line and other things like that?

At the worst time the wait on the zip line was about 20 minutes. With 2 flowriders I never waited more than 15 minutes in line and even that was funl

Archived