Photo Packages - Options

cherokeemamma

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could tell me about the photo packages on DCL. I am not interested in the CD, which I have read is $299.

I had read about photo credits. Do they still do this? Could someone explain it to me? I would live to have 3-6 pictures form the cruise. Also will their photographers take your picture with your camera?

Thanks so much!

The cd was $199 on the Dream. There are two photo packages that you can purchase, 20 credits & 40 credits. The 40 credits package is $249.

The individual prices are:

8x10 = $19.95

smaller photos = $12.95 (I can't remember if they were 5x7 or 4x6)

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could tell me about the photo packages on DCL. I am not interested in the CD, which I have read is $299.

I had read about photo credits. Do they still do this? Could someone explain it to me? I would live to have 3-6 pictures form the cruise. Also will their photographers take your picture with your camera?

Thanks so much!

The price for the CD depends on the length of the cruise. For most 7 night cruises the price is $299. For the 7 night Mexican cruise, and the 5 night cruises, it's $249. I believe the 3 night is $139.

You purchase a photo credit package (available in 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 credit packages). 8X10 = 2 credits, 6X8 = 1 credit. The 8X10 size is the size for the pictures with backgrounds (formal, pirate, plain white, etc) as well as the roaming photographers in the dining rooms. 6X8 is the character photos.

The 10 & 30 credit packages are only available for purchase pre cruise, online. On board the ship the packages are 20 and 40 (or sometimes 50) credit packages.

The 10 credit package is $80, 20 credit - $149. The others, I don't know.

If you purchase a CD it will include all the photos your party (same room) have taken on the cruise. These photos are just the raw photo, no borders. With the CD you also have the option of purchasing either individual photos or credit packages at 50% off.

On our Wonder cruises the prices for individual photos was 8X10 - $19.95; 6X8 - $9.95.

The professional photographers will not use your camera to take pictures. There is usually a DCL CM assisting the photographers, they are the ones who can use your camera to take a picture.

If you purchase a credit package, and it's not big enough, you can upgrade (or downgrade, if you want). For example, on our last cruise we purchased a 20 credit package, but only wanted 4 pictures, so we were credited back the price of the package and then we just purchased the individual photos.

:)

You purchase a photo credit package (available in 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 credit packages). 8X10 = 2 credits, 6X8 = 1 credit. The 8X10 size is the size for the pictures with backgrounds (formal, pirate, plain white, etc) as well as the roaming photographers in the dining rooms. 6X8 is the character photos.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

The price for the CD depends on the length of the cruise. For most 7 night cruises the price is $299. For the 7 night Mexican cruise, and the 5 night cruises, it's $249. I believe the 3 night is $139.

The 10 & 30 credit packages are only available for purchase pre cruise, online. On board the ship the packages are 20 and 40 (or sometimes 50) credit packages.

The 10 credit package is $80, 20 credit - $149. The others, I don't know.

If you purchase a CD it will include all the photos your party (same room) have taken on the cruise. These photos are just the raw photo, no borders. With the CD you also have the option of purchasing either individual photos or credit packages at 50% off.

On our Wonder cruises the prices for individual photos was 8X10 - $19.95; 6X8 - $9.95.

The professional photographers will not use your camera to take pictures. There is usually a DCL CM assisting the photographers, they are the ones who can use your camera to take a picture.

If you purchase a credit package, and it's not big enough, you can upgrade (or downgrade, if you want). For example, on our last cruise we purchased a 20 credit package, but only wanted 4 pictures, so we were credited back the price of the package and then we just purchased the individual photos.

Maybe I'm not understanding this bolded part, but if you purchase the CD and you get ALL pictures that your party takes throughout the week, why is there a need to buy any for 50% off?

Maybe I'm not understanding this bolded part, but if you purchase the CD and you get ALL pictures that your party takes throughout the week, why is there a need to buy any for 50% off?

As I said, the pictures on the CD are just the raw picture. None of them will have the borders that the professionally printed pictures have on them. You know, the ones showing the ship name, cruise dates, etc. Some people want a copy of the picture with borders and so will buy already printed ones.

Our family of 5 will be split between two rooms. I was afraid we would be suckered into buying two separate CDs. What determines the room number? Do you hand your room key (or Photo Pass) to the photographer? If so, if we always give the same key/pass to the photographer, shouldn't all our family shots end up on only one CD?

Also, are there any pre-pay discounts?

Our family of 5 will be split between two rooms. I was afraid we would be suckered into buying two separate CDs. What determines the room number? Do you hand your room key (or Photo Pass) to the photographer? If so, if we always give the same key/pass to the photographer, shouldn't all our family shots end up on only one CD?

Also, are there any pre-pay discounts?

The CD is one per room. I have heard, rarely, if the rooms are basically parents in one room and (young) children in the other room, they have allowed only 1 CD for all persons. If the rooms are, say parents in one room and adult children in the other, I don't think they would do it.

You will hand your KTTW to the photographer, and that (along with facial recognition from the boarding picture you have taken) tells the computer system which CD file it go to. I've heard that if you always hand the same card over and at least one person from that particular room is in the photo it could end up on the same CD.

The only pre-pay only options that are only available precruise and not on the ship are 10 or 30 credit packages. Onboard the packages are 20 or 40 credit packages.

The real question is how many professionally posed pictures you really need? People get all carried away and spend hundreds of dollars on pictures of their children with Mickey, then with Pluto, then with the Princesses. A couple pro pics at exorbitant prices should be enough in my opinion. We bought two. And I took about a hundred myself.

Archived