Wine aerator

copi2boys

Tried to buy one on the Jewel back in April but they were fresh out. So we got a little info and ordered one (actually two) when we got back. Made in Grass Valley Kollyfornia. If you would like the web site... Google is your friend... just kidding;):D! www.gallicchioglass.com IIRC we paid upper $30s for them, so if you got them for $40 on the ship, doesn't sound too bad.

The company was very nice to deal with and service was quick, they even included a personalized note.

They are super cool. They had this style in Portofino's last week. They were selling them for about $50.

...oh, plus 15% gratuity, I assume :rolleyes:

draft_lens17846675module149532379photo_1302730571wine_aerator_hand_blown.j

Wow. That is a cool device! Don't know if it works, but it sure is an eye popper.

We have a couple of deaerators at home: one is a venturi style, the other is a combination strainer/deaerator. I can tell when young wine is ran through either, but would rather decant if one is available. Just my preference.

Cheers!

If I had known about this one I would have purchased it

I am very pleased with my http://www.wineweaver.com/ at $ 30 inc shipping. I find it does a better job than the Venturi which I also have.

Now that I know they use a decanter in the speciality restaurants can I request that they use one for my wine in MDR? I am certain my aife will NEVER let me use my own in the MDR.

They used them in both Chops and Portofino on FOS last year, but I never saw them in the MDR. I am sure if you ask they can use one, might have to run to Chops to pick one up. The one we bought last year has the RCI logo etched on the glass...is that still true for the ones they are selling now?? Would like to pick up a 2nd one on our upcoming cruise.

It was recommended by a wine expert/ex sales rep., anyway, it does work well, but it depends on the wine, it will not make a $3 bottle or highway aged wines much better, LOL, but it seems to improve, wines in the $8 and up a little, depends on the wine. IMHO it is a great tool, for well wine improvement and conversation, we paid about $39 for it at Bed and Bath. PS, it works for us better on reds than white but we are not white wine drinkers

• 2 months later...

Love the looks of that aerator but wonder if it might be a bit fragile!

I was recommended one last year by a guy I met on the Croatian Flyer - called the wine weaver (www.wineweaver.com). I'd previously used the Vinturi but didn't like having to hold it with one hand and pour with the other, especially on deck so I can definitely see the advantage of having something attached to the bottle like the above.

My wine weaver aerator is pretty indestructible and incredibly light weight so is easy to take away with me and is very easy to use. It sits directly on the glass so I don't have to hold it and the way the wine comes out into the glass always proves a great talking point with everyone.

Red-Group-Shout-with-CD-seal-person.jpg

IMHO, my wine weaver works better than the vinturi and a couple of others I've tried and is very durable but I'd be interested in trying this glass one - despite my fear it may not remain intact for long!

I bought two of them while on the Monarch last month. There is no Chops or Portofino . .. they had to go into a storeroom somewhere to find it for me - but they did! I was so happy that they went through the trouble for me. I love this gadget . .. a real conversation piece.

Yes, I paid 43 dollars each and tipped the waiter heavily for actually locating one on the Monarch.

Archived