Laundry Machines Question

4JACK

We are scheduled to sail Marina's "Islands in the Sun" on Feb. 16. Does anyone know whether the laundry machines still use quarters, as they did in August, 2011, on the "Tastes of Europe" excursion? Thanks.

We are scheduled to sail Marina's "Islands in the Sun" on Feb. 16. Does anyone know whether the laundry machines still use quarters, as they did in August, 2011, on the "Tastes of Europe" excursion? Thanks.

They use tokens now and you can get them from the front desk. They are $2 each.

Gail, are you sure? We're talking about Marina, not the "R" ships.

When we were on Marina last October the machines still took quarters.

I'm not saying definitively that Marina has NOT changed its policy ... I'm just questioning whether we are talking about the same ship!

Mura

Gail, are you sure? We're talking about Marina, not the "R" ships.

When we were on Marina last October the machines still took quarters.

I'm not saying definitively that Marina has NOT changed its policy ... I'm just questioning whether we are talking about the same ship!

Mura

Yes we just got off the Marina on Saturday. I sent my husband down for quarters and they said we needed tokens.:eek:

Yes we just got off the Marina on Saturday. I sent my husband down for quarters and they said we needed tokens.:eek:

Interesting! I would have thought they wouldn't want to bother switching systems, but perhaps too many passengers were confused (or unhappy) when they are used to getting tokens on the "R" ships and didn't have quarters handy. Or know to bring them with.

Since DH collects the quarters from our Coop's laundry equipment, it's very easy for us to get quarters! So we preferred using them to having to go to Reception to get tokens.

But we will survive...

And good to know.

Mura

When we did laundry on the Marina in October, the front desk happily provided us with quarters and charged them to our account. Still they must have had to have an awful lot of quarters on hand so it probably made their job much easier to have tokens. I am sure many people did not use the quarters and did not return them so they probably had to empty the machines frequently. Besides 16 or 32 quarters certainly weigh a lot.:D

Laundry rooms are on every stateroom/suite decks on the Marina and Riviera. Look at the deck plans in your Oceania brochure. Laundry room location will have a "hanger" symbol on the deck plans. For example, deck 11 has a laundry room hanger symbol, forward, port side. We were in PH Suite 11000 and used this laundry room.

When we sailed in March 2011 they said they would be changing the machines to tokens but they did not have a time frame at that time

Much prefer the tokens ;)

I well appreciate that because of our special situation Howard and I may be the only people who prefer using quarters! But on the other side of the coin (:rolleyes:), with more and more non-U.S. citizens sailing on Oceania, tokens would seem to be the best way to go. And if passengers have to go to reception to get either quarters or tokens, the ship might as well just stock tokens.

I have no protest letter planned because of this change!

Mura

Look at the bright side, if it weren't for the Launderettes, the Showers and the Internet, we might have to close down Cruise Critic. :o

I never thought I'd miss the Foreign Transaction fee. :p

Now if they would only release those 2015 Itineraries...

I well appreciate that because of our special situation Howard and I may be the only people who prefer using quarters! But on the other side of the coin (:rolleyes:), with more and more non-U.S. citizens sailing on Oceania, tokens would seem to be the best way to go. And if passengers have to go to reception to get either quarters or tokens, the ship might as well just stock tokens.

I have no protest letter planned because of this change!

Mura

I guess I am just use to the token system on the R-ships & they are much lighter in the pocket than the quarters

:D

That statement might make you the laziest person alive :eek:

Lighter? Really??

I have no idea what you are talking about... unless there is some hidden meaning in your post that I am not up to deciphering at the moment :rolleyes:

2 laundry tokens weigh a lot less than 16 quarters to me YMMV

How about detergent?

It is included

There is a dispenser connected to the machines on the R-ships

On Marina when we sailed there was a dispenser on the wall with a cup to put the soap in then put it in the machine

Just read the instructions on how it works

If you think you are going to do laundry on board, throw a few dryer sheets in a baggie and take them. They are not supplied and make a lot of difference.

Also there are irons and boards in the laundry rooms but they are in unlabeled cabinets on the wall. We missed them the first time as they look like electrical panel boxes.

Laundry rooms are on every stateroom/suite decks on the Marina and Riviera. Look at the deck plans in your Oceania brochure. Laundry room location will have a "hanger" symbol on the deck plans. For example, deck 11 has a laundry room hanger symbol, forward, port side. We were in PH Suite 11000 and used this laundry room.

4JACK - Thanks for that! It wasn’t on my copy of the deck plans but I found it on the O site.

Our room is just near the laundry on deck 10 and I noticed yours was also on deck 11. Did you hear any noise from the laundry in you cabin?

4JACK - Thanks for that! It wasn’t on my copy of the deck plans but I found it on the O site.

Our room is just near the laundry on deck 10 and I noticed yours was also on deck 11. Did you hear any noise from the laundry in you cabin?

jakes47 - We were in PH 11000 directly across from the laundry room, port side and right next to the Bridge. We heard no noise from the laundry area at any time. The hours are posted in the laundry room, and guests are not supposed to do laundry after a certain hour. The Marina & Rivera deck plan for deck 11 in the brochure looks as though you have access to the laundry room from both port and starboard, but that is not the case. Starboard guest must walk down the hall and walk across to the port side.

jakes47 - We were in PH 11000 directly across from the laundry room, port side and right next to the Bridge. We heard no noise from the laundry area at any time. The hours are posted in the laundry room, and guests are not supposed to do laundry after a certain hour. The Marina & Rivera deck plan for deck 11 in the brochure looks as though you have access to the laundry room from both port and starboard, but that is not the case. Starboard guest must walk down the hall and walk across to the port side.

It is the same on Deck 10 -- you only enter on the port side. Plus, on the Marina you have an entry door from the hallway and then a second door that actually goes into the laundry room. We were down the hall but when we went to it the first time, we heard absolutely nothing from inside even though people were inside doing their laundry!

Enjoy your cruise,

Billie

It is the same on Deck 10 -- you only enter on the port side. Plus, on the Marina you have an entry door from the hallway and then a second door that actually goes into the laundry room.

Enjoy your cruise,

Billie

Deck 7 on Marina only has 1 door to the laundry room but did not hear much outside the door before entering ..to our surprise there were several people in the room when we arrived

Archived