Pre-determined boarding times

For the upcoming Disney cruise I've booked, I completed all the pre-requisite check-in information. After doing so, you choose your boarding time. The times are posted as to what is available. Dependent on how loyal you are, the days allowed to choose your boarding time is extended.

For example for very frequent cruisers I believe they could choose (boarding time and reservations for restaurants) 120 days out...then for any past guest 90 days out...all others 75 days out; first come first served until the boarding time was full and then you choose another option.

I think this is a fantastic, organized idea. Have 200 folks show up at 11:00, then 11:30, then 12:00 and so on. It pre-staggers the check-in process rather than have 1000 folks all show up for long lines at 11:00AM...and apparently you can't board until your boarding time so it really would keep things much more organized and avoid disappointment for a potential long wait; especially if you're the 1000th person in line. :)

It's an interesting perk.

I don't know if Disney cruisers are like Carnival cruisers but we love getting on board as early as possible. We're Platinum with Carnival so boarding early is a given.

I could foresee some folks getting upset who have been in line for quite a while and are passed by guests who just walked into the cruise terminal.

:rolleyes:

I could foresee some folks getting upset who have been in line for quite a while and are passed by guests who just walked into the cruise terminal.

:rolleyes:

Does it bother you at the airport when First Class passengers are taken before those in coach? Seems fair and organized to me. I hate that mad pre-cruise cattle-like process. I've cruised a few times, but haven't stuck to one particular line as I get intrigued by one thing or another about another ship / line. Of course booking a suite affords the ammenity, but I think this would be a benefit for those with chosen loyalty.

You don't pick your boarding time - you pick your check in time. You could check in at 11am (first possible time) and not board until 12:30pm (depending on what boarding number you're given).

Plus, DCL has yet to enforce the check in time "rule" they've created. There haven't been any reports of people being turned away from the terminal because their check in time was an hour later.

I actually dislike the "perk" of having to choose my check in time. I just always select the earliest one in case I end up at the port that early.

I got there at 10:50 am .. and for once they started boarding early. How would this work with Disney. They had already been boarding for 20 minutes and anyone who got there early got to board immediately before me. Should they have had to wait for those who had not arrived?

Archived