Disney Dream

AngelDolly

Question, sailing on the Disney Dream in March, can someone tell me if I am allowed to bring alcohol on board?

You may bring onboard any beverages you wish (as much as you wish). This means alcohol, sodas, water, whatever. The only restrictriction is DCL asks you to bring it onboard in your carry on luggage, not checked.

:)

Also it can only be consumed in your stateroom or private balcony, you can't walk around the ship with it.

The only exception is if you wish to bring a bottle of wine to dinner, in which case you'll be charged a $20 corkage fee.

:) Yayy thank you. I will be staying at the airport the night before so I guess I will go to duty free and buy my bailey's.

Depending on what terminal you come into, that might be easier said than done. And once you leave the sterile concourse, you can't go back and the duty free is on the airsides.

You appear to be greatly confused about what "Duty Free" stores are about. DutyFree.com will explain it to you. This part in particular should help with your confusion:

Duty-free procedures and policies differ by country. To take advantage of duty-free shopping, you typically must be leaving a country for at least 48 hours (see our Laws page for details). When*buying bargains*at airport*duty-free shops, you often won’t be allowed to carry the merchandise onto the plane. Instead, an airline employee will deliver the item to you once you've boarded. This practice, in addition to supporting security efforts, discourages those that are trying to skirt the rules.

Archived