Forward Balcony?

skittl1321

I just booked on the Triumph. An upgrade got me a balcony on the Verandah deck- I'm now wondering if this was a mistake.

I booked a forward balcony, because aft is right below the action on the Lido deck.

I'm now reading these balconies are going to be very windy and difficult to enjoy- they might also have a lot of ship movement (not a problem for me, but my husband prefers less movement)

Should I call and see if I can get us moved down a few decks?

We just sailed the Triumph last May and were in a balcony on the verandah deck forward. I think we were like 13 rooms or so from the front of the ship (I can't remember the cabin number). anyway - we did not have any problems! we LOVED it. I actually liked that room better than our first cruise on the Fantasy which was midship.

683900866_cruise2011051.jpg.048a645d9c4f735197400bb963711831.jpg

April 14- just a few months. This was very last minute, so there were only a very few choices available. I didn't think to ask for a lower deck, just did not want to be right below the Lido chairs and such.

I just got off the Triumph at the beginning of this month and I was way forward on deck 8; but our friends traveling with had a balcony cabin forward on Verandah. We spent a lot of time in their cabin during sail aways etc and wind was NOT an issue. Actually, you will love how terribly close you are to all of the Lido deck action - pools, lido buffet, etc.

You are fine - I wouldn't switch.

Have Fun!

Thanks for the reassurance! I'm excited to be on the Verandah deck. Our last cruise we were on the bottom deck of the Freedom- and that was A LOT of stairs. It will be exciting to be so close to Lido, though I suppose we will be hiking a little bit to get to the dining room/show room/trivia games.

All the balconies on the side of a ship get the same wind whether forward or aft

Everything I've read is back of the ship is less windy. Maybe the ship breaks it up a bit?

Now of course, there are obstacles for the wind on the open decks of the ship, so it's not a fair comparison- but the forward outside decks are always WAY windier than the aft. We never went to the Freedom Serentity area when the ship was moving for this reason.

April 14- just a few months. This was very last minute, so there were only a very few choices available. I didn't think to ask for a lower deck, just did not want to be right below the Lido chairs and such.

I think you will love it. It was nice to be that close to the Lido yet have staterooms above you too.

Thanks Mach and jchristie! I will be on the Splendor, port side, Verandah deck, about 10 cabins from the bridge. I have been worried, but you guys made me feel much better. :D

welcome! I was very nervous about it too before our cruise last May, but after having that cabin I would prefer to book around the same area of the ship each time now.

We have only been in aft balconies, and the wind was never an issue, we sayed there a lot during the day. To me the forward ones, especially the one in the photo would be annoying having the bridge in view like that breaking up your view forward. I wouldn't like to be looking at the bridge.

Archived