A deck balcony stateroom on Island Princess

Lance 55

Sailing this spring on a 10 day Panama cruise from FLL on Island Princess. Staying in cabin A407. Anyone stay in a similarly located stateroom on this ship? Appears to be just below the Lido deck and swimming pool. Wondering if noise will be an issue? When does the pool area close? Seems the balcony will be sheltered from views above so lack of privacy will not be a concern compared to lower deck balconies.

First let me welcome you to Cruise Critic.

Generally, under the lido deck is noisy. When they close the pool it is amazing how many hours they spend moving and stacking chairs to clean, and then moving them back bright and early the next morning. If you are anywhere near a service area or the doors leading to the buffet there will be additional noise. I had one of these cabins on a different cruise line ship and it was one of the reasons we gave up balconies and guarantees entirely. Fortunately for us we are very early risers so the 6 a.m. wakeup noise was not a huge issue. For us it was the several deck parties that started late.

This does not mean we did not enjoy our cruise. For us it meant we would rather get an inside cabin between 2 decks at the front of the ship with fewer people walking by than a balcony over/under an area which can produce noise.

If you want more feedback on this cabin I would post this on the Princess boards, because your specific cabin may have no noise issues.

Enjoy your cruise and please keep asking questions.

Archived