Staying on Island Princess' A deck

Lance 55

Taking a 10 day Panama cruise out of FLL on the Island Princess and have been updgraded to stateroom A407 (balcony) which we see appears to be right below the pool area - or in that vicinity. Has anyone stayed in this stateroom or similar on this ship, and has noise been an issue? Not sure exactly what is directly above this room on the Lido deck.

Privacy seems ok as there appears to be an overhang from above unlike some balconies on lower decks. Wouldn't want to be in a fish bowl situation or the recipients of various refuse from above!

Taking a 10 day Panama cruise out of FLL on the Island Princess and have been updgraded to stateroom A407 (balcony) which we see appears to be right below the pool area - or in that vicinity. Has anyone stayed in this stateroom or similar on this ship, and has noise been an issue? Not sure exactly what is directly above this room on the Lido deck.

Privacy seems ok as there appears to be an overhang from above unlike some balconies on lower decks. Wouldn't want to be in a fish bowl situation or the recipients of various refuse from above!

We stayed in that cabin last year and were concerned with the noise of deck chairs being pulled around. We did not notice it during the day but late night and very early mornings were bothersome. We loved this ship though.

Shouldn't be a problem. Just got off her on Tuesday and had a great cruise.

If you can afford it take the Princess excursion that goes all the way to the Pacific ocean. Great excursion and you get to see much more and have a better canal experience. Unfrotunately it is a very LOOOng day as we did not get back to the ship until 5:30 so we did not have a chance to shop in Panama. But we knew this going into the trip. Reserve early as it fills up quickly,

Also if a Dr Ryan is on board attend his lectures on the canal as they are very informative,

Thanks Postdeck. Did you stay in our cabin? We intend on taking the cruise sponsored full transit excursion. hope it's worth it!

No I did not. I have stayed on an Alpha deck cabin on other ships but in different locations so I will not comment on it.

Sign up for that excursion as soon as you can because it does fill quickly. If in doubt sign up for it and then if you chage your mind you can cancel it later. It will give you a totallu different aspect of the canal then what you get from the cruise ship. Imagine sinking below the upper level of the canal as you can reach out and touch its sides.

I tell people we went from the Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific Ocean and back to the Atlantic Ocean in a little over 6 hours and didn't use a plane. I do get strange looks when I say that as they can not grasp the concept.

Caught the reference to me so no problem.

Archived