Deluxe Lobster Lunch & Champagne Cruise - Anyone ever do this?

redneony

I am glad someone else mentioned the rum punch on the See Antigua by Sea and the "over drinking issue". We went on this excursion last September and the catamaran was excellent. The crew was good. The food ok. Snorkeling not so much. And the little beach they anchor at is tiny with no facilities. But to swim or cool off the water was calm and pretty. But what made it awesome was the the circumnavigates of Antigua. That long ride to the snorkeling spot and tiny beach was well worth it.

But the rum punch and drinking was out of control. I can't drink because of a medical problem. My husband is a big guy and only drinks beer had the rum punch and we both could tell it effected him so he switched to water.

The worst part of this excursion were those who over indulged and or didn't realize how strong the rum punch was. They started throwing up all over. They were making out with each other and not always their partner. It was crazy. A seen from a spring break video.

I will say this was a mid September cruise and most of the people on our cruise were adults, groups of adults and couples. There were a lot of people who were very upset with the drinking and out of control party. We did manage to ignore the main party group and we took over one side on the front catamaran and turned our backs to the puking, making out and strip tease shows. Our "side" managed to have a lovely time by ignoring those who were out of control.

Did it ruin the excursion, no. But it put a damper on it.

We are doing the same itinerary in October on the CCL Breeze and I believe I may book the Lobster and Champagne excursion though I don't eat lobster or drink champagne because I am worried about the same thing that happened last year. It may be a fluke meaning the punch is so strong it catches people off guard but in the event it isn't I am worried to book it again through that ride in the catamaran was so scenic and beautiful.

Any thoughts or has anyone done both?

Thanks,

TA

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all...

We are interetsted in doing this excursion... I believe the tour guide is Tropical Adventures. On their web site, they indicate that the tour is 6 hours long. But... has anyone done this excursion and know what the pick-up and return times are?

Thanks Much...

I am glad someone else mentioned the rum punch on the See Antigua by Sea and the "over drinking issue". We went on this excursion last September and the catamaran was excellent. The crew was good. The food ok. Snorkeling not so much. And the little beach they anchor at is tiny with no facilities. But to swim or cool off the water was calm and pretty. But what made it awesome was the the circumnavigates of Antigua. That long ride to the snorkeling spot and tiny beach was well worth it.

But the rum punch and drinking was out of control. I can't drink because of a medical problem. My husband is a big guy and only drinks beer had the rum punch and we both could tell it effected him so he switched to water.

The worst part of this excursion were those who over indulged and or didn't realize how strong the rum punch was. They started throwing up all over. They were making out with each other and not always their partner. It was crazy. A seen from a spring break video.

I will say this was a mid September cruise and most of the people on our cruise were adults, groups of adults and couples. There were a lot of people who were very upset with the drinking and out of control party. We did manage to ignore the main party group and we took over one side on the front catamaran and turned our backs to the puking, making out and strip tease shows. Our "side" managed to have a lovely time by ignoring those who were out of control.

Did it ruin the excursion, no. But it put a damper on it.

We are doing the same itinerary in October on the CCL Breeze and I believe I may book the Lobster and Champagne excursion though I don't eat lobster or drink champagne because I am worried about the same thing that happened last year. It may be a fluke meaning the punch is so strong it catches people off guard but in the event it isn't I am worried to book it again through that ride in the catamaran was so scenic and beautiful.

Any thoughts or has anyone done both?

Thanks,

TA

It probably just depends on who is on the cat at the time. We didn't have an out of control party and I don't recall anyone throwing up, never saw any privates and no one was making out. It's probably one of those things that you get a certain few together and the whole thing just snowballs from there. :p

We booked ours through Princess but there were also some people from a RCCL ship on it with us. It wasn't crowded. When they pulled out the tables to serve food, there was ample room for everyone to be seated.

No one got drunk. There was dancing on the way back and fun ... but certainly not a wild & crazy party. :)

LuLu

~~~~~

• 2 months later...

Hi - glad to see detailed reviews on this excursion... We'll be traveling with my 1 yr old daughter. Her favorite activity is to people watch from our laps, so it seems like this could be fun for the three of us. Clearly we'll watch our rum punch intake and won't be snorkeling, but curious if there is a shaded spot where we can sit on the catamaran and anything else we should consider as reasons to or not to book. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, there is a covered area. Also, it's a sailing catamaran so there'll be additional shade where the sail cast its shadow.

I was able to stay out of the sun the entire time except when we got off for a while at one of the beach stops. :)

LuLu

~~~~

• 2 weeks later...
For future cruisers viewing this post... I emailed the tour company (Tropical Adventures) and they requested I book through the cruise line for a discounted rate. I saved $85 booking through RCCL! As someone who assumes cruise lines overcharge, I was pleasantly surprised.

This certainly can happen from time to time. Also, when you book you through the cruise line, you'll be picked up at the ship and returned you to the ship. :)

LuLu

~~~~