Rum Runners

pokerpunk27

Friends of ours bought them and used them well. Wouldn't recommend carrying on during embarkation. Checked luggage? Think about it. Pick locations wisely. outsode pockets probably not a great idea. Yep they got several liters on and nada leaked. I'm not sure i am willing to potentially soil my stuff if something bursts.

• 4 weeks later...

PokerPunk27- I saw you on the Roll Call and will be on the same cruise with ya. I got the Spring Break Rum Runner Kit. Always in Checked bags my friend. I have only been nabbed once and that was on NCL, but I just stuck the bottles in the bag, so they saw it and I had to make a trip to the naughty room. Toiletry bags and other places where they can be obscured by other items is the best strategy. Also spread out among a few bags if you are traveling with others. I am shooting for 3-32oz, and 2-8oz. flasks. The 8oz. ones I will just walk on with in my Cargo shorts. So I can have a drink while I anxiously await my luggage... :D

See you in Miami.

We are also taking them- 3 32Oz's and 3 8Oz's. I packed them, split in three bags in the lining of my suitcase, wrapped in towels and placed by wheels. I also put toiletries ziplocked over each one of them. BUT, I may use the purse/shoe idea and put a shoe in the lining with them. Hoping this works! We are also carrying on two bottles of champagne to mix with OJ! Mimosas! Hopefully it all gets on, but if not, I assume at least some will!

Don't know many people who have gotten them discarded and I have read MANY posts. However; many of them are from a year ago and I have heard Carnival has cracked down severely. I have heard they don't send you to a naughty room, they just throw the rum runners out. But we shall see!

Anyone try bringing rum runners aboard lately? Any luck?

If Carnival wants to catch you, they will. They certainly have the technology at the port. If you wish to take a rum-runner with you, be prepared to have to spend time to have to manually claim your luggage and have the contraband confiscated.

Don't know many people who have gotten them discarded and I have read MANY posts. However; many of them are from a year ago and I have heard Carnival has cracked down severely. I have heard they don't send you to a naughty room, they just throw the rum runners out. But we shall see!

Said they went to naughty room on NCL. You are correct as CCL does not return booze that is not in the sealed, original container.

Just used Rum Runners on our Miracle cruise with no problems.

It is hard for me to believe that the cruise line scans every piece of luggage. Since they would have empty every cage that hold dozens of pieces of luggage then re-stack it all before placing it on the ship. I think they use a spot check method for scanning.

Vinnie

It is hard for me to believe that the cruise line scans every piece of luggage. Since they would have empty every cage that hold dozens of pieces of luggage then re-stack it all before placing it on the ship. I think they use a spot check method for scanning.

Vinnie

Not that hard to believe. Bags are out of our possession for several hours and there is a natural progression as not everybody arrives at the same time.

Anyone try bringing rum runners aboard lately? Any luck?

Why ask? You're not supposed to and you obviously know this. If you wish to break the rules, just keep it to yourself instead of telling the world give it a try and see what happens. Personally, I wish the mods would just delete these threads when they come up. :rolleyes:

Why ask? You're not supposed to and you obviously know this. If you wish to break the rules, just keep it to yourself instead of telling the world give it a try and see what happens. Personally, I wish the mods would just delete these threads when they come up. :rolleyes:

...or you can simply not read them. It's not like there was some great mystery about the content when the title is "Rum Runners"

I don't mean to flame, but seriously, why do you feel the need to read the thread just to post in order to be judgmental?

I'm confused about these. After you open some Liquer, it has to be refrigerated,, (Baileys specifically). So, how do u travel with these in a suitcase unrefrigerated. I'm probably asking a stupid question, but I'm new to the Rum Runner thing. :o, so you'll have to forgive me. I guess maybe an I've pack in bw them would work?

I'm confused about these. After you open some Liquer, it has to be refrigerated,, (Baileys specifically). So, how do u travel with these in a suitcase unrefrigerated. I'm probably asking a stupid question, but I'm new to the Rum Runner thing. :o, so you'll have to forgive me. I guess maybe an I've pack in bw them would work?

** ice pack. Stupid iPhone auto correct

I would only use them for things that don't have to be kept cool such as vodka, rum, gin, etc., etc.

I know I know. But in the Grand Scheme of things and cost of it all. I just buy 2 bottles from bon voyage and don't worry about a thing. Have a drink as soon as I get into the cabin.

Not worry about spillage and getting confiscated.

Years ago I wold have been a smuugling fool though:D

I know I know. But in the Grand Scheme of things and cost of it all. I just buy 2 bottles from bon voyage and don't worry about a thing. Have a drink as soon as I get into the cabin.

Not worry about spillage and getting confiscated.

Years ago I wold have been a smuugling fool though:D

I was going to, but I called 2 days too late after the prices went from unreasonable to stupid.

Archived