Intercontinental Miami on Last Minute Travel

cec311

IC just popped up for my April cruise, but the availability says Standard room. I know the IC has smoking and non smoking rooms available. Does standard room mean you basically get what they have available when you arrive?

I saw Intercontinental today, as well, for my May cruise on lmt. I went ahead and booked it. It did give me this option on checkout(with the disclaimer line.)

Room preferences

_Sleeps 2, 1 Bed $141.03

xSleeps 2, 2 Beds $141.03

*Bedding preferences are subject to supplier availability, we will do our utmost to assist with your request.

When I look on Expedia, it describes I.C. Standard room as a king. I've read reviews where people were able to successfully get the room they needed upon checkin. There is a line for Client Remarks (not guaranteed) where you could try specifying smoking preference.

Standard room applies to the style of room. Basic rate. Has nothing to do with smoking. If you look at the IC web site, there are 641 rooms and 593 are NON SMOKING. As long as you don't care about location of room or other particular needs, go ahead and book it at the lower rate. Call the hotel directly and ask for the nonsmoking roon. I persoanlly would have no worries re that. Most hotels in Fl are strictly nonsmoking now.

Does standard room mean you basically get what they have available when you arrive?

Yes it does. But if they have other rooms you would be interested in they will let you have one for $$'s, just ask.

Anywhere in this hotel is just fine

We always call a few weeks after we book and talk direct with the hotel, never had a problem getting a King/nonsmoking and usually upgrade to a portview room at that time.

It's a fantastic hotel. Make sure to spend some time at the garden/pool/restaurant area on the lower roof, usually not many people there and a really lovely area.....

We always call a few weeks after we book and talk direct with the hotel, never had a problem getting a King/nonsmoking and usually upgrade to a portview room at that time.

It's a fantastic hotel. Make sure to spend some time at the garden/pool/restaurant area on the lower roof, usually not many people there and a really lovely area.....

Great tip, thanks! I see where there is a CVS pharmacy nearby. I read about someone walking approx 7 blocks to a Publix also..? I might ask doorman & try that for wine & case of water.

Hi. I don't know if it is like hotwire or not and just looked at the site too for the first time. We are doing a quick cruise in May and want to stat at InterContinental by the Port, the one that is in walking distance to Bayside Marketplace.

Some I saw don't have the name of the hotel but I did see:

Intercontinental At Doral Miami

Is above the same hotel? Thanks.

Hi. I don't know if it is like hotwire or not and just looked at the site too for the first time. We are doing a quick cruise in May and want to stat at InterContinental by the Port, the one that is in walking distance to Bayside Marketplace.

hhhmmmm......I think this is not the same hotel.

How can above know what hotel is available when it doesn't say the name?

We are staying at the Intercontinental for one night on March 17th. Right now when you search Last Minute Travel for this specific night, it is showing as the first 5 star hotel on their list in the Downtown Miami area. It is also showing the price of $242.00. If you look at the pictures of the hotel on their site, the first one to pop up is of a huge boulder with orange leather retro chairs with chrome legs in the picture. Familiarize yourself with other pictures they are showing... such as the pool area.. etc. Also if you look under the description of the hotel, I believe as stated above it shows 644 rooms, 66,000 square feet of event space. If your still not sure, post the specific dates you are looking for and I will double check for you. One thing about LMT`s website, it will say to contact them for an even better deal. I did just this, they confirmed the hotel although I already knew it was the Intercontinental and they gave me a discount of around $35.00. Hope this helps with the decision making. If you should need to cancel, there is no cancellation fee PROVIDED you cancel at least 4 days in advance.

Nope, thats a different hotel.

Great tip, thanks! I see where there is a CVS pharmacy nearby. I read about someone walking approx 7 blocks to a Publix also..? I might ask doorman & try that for wine & case of water.

The CVS is just across the street and maybe 3 blocks down towards the Heat's arena. It's a pretty big CVS---they have soda/water/beer/marginal wine selection and some light food stuff as well. We also picked up some watershoes on the cheap and snorkle gear over at bayside....pretty much anything you need is within walking distance. The doorman/bellhops will hook you up with whatever you need, great guys and always helpful. They'll also grab you a taxi in the morning when you want to get to POM......wait time, about 5 seconds.:)

We are staying at the Intercontinental for one night on March 17th. Right now when you search Last Minute Travel for this specific night, it is showing as the first 5 star hotel on their list in the Downtown Miami area. It is also showing the price of $242.00. If you look at the pictures of the hotel on their site, the first one to pop up is of a huge boulder with orange leather retro chairs with chrome legs in the picture. Familiarize yourself with other pictures they are showing... such as the pool area.. etc. Also if you look under the description of the hotel, I believe as stated above it shows 644 rooms, 66,000 square feet of event space. If your still not sure, post the specific dates you are looking for and I will double check for you. One thing about LMT`s website, it will say to contact them for an even better deal. I did just this, they confirmed the hotel although I already knew it was the Intercontinental and they gave me a discount of around $35.00. Hope this helps with the decision making. If you should need to cancel, there is no cancellation fee PROVIDED you cancel at least 4 days in advance.

THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH!

I just called and got a lower rate than what was posted and got the lower rate.

My full rate with taxes and fees for the Thursday before Memorial Day weekend is

$165.00.

I was able to confirm it was indeed the IC on 100 Chopin (or whatever street).

Thank you all very much!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
I've never used LMT to book a hotel we want to stay at the Intercontinental in October pre-cruise. Is this hotel identified on their website or do you have figure it out like on Hotwire and Priceline? :confused:

Click on the "book it" button, and then look in the URL for "hotelid=917". That is the Intercontinental. ;)

Book the Intercontinental on LMT for our cruise in November the website had a price of 142 + tax I called the 800# told the lady I was looking at a 5 star in downtown area she came right out and told me that she could get me the Intercontinental for 120 + tax so I thanked her and booked it.

Book the Intercontinental on LMT for our cruise in November the website had a price of 142 + tax I called the 800# told the lady I was looking at a 5 star in downtown area she came right out and told me that she could get me the Intercontinental for 120 + tax so I thanked her and booked it.

That is a GREAT price for the IC. I thought my $165 the Thursday before Memorial Day weekend was good but you price is even better.

I haven't seen anyone really say they are paying as much as I am. Should I call back and see if I can get a better price? Has anyone actually done that and got a better price?

Thanks.

I just found Intercontinetal for $141 on LMT, is this a good deal??

If it is the hotel you want and its cheaper than calling the hotel direct then its a good price. Its not the best deal they have had. I got the IC for 79.00(before taxes) back in dec. 2010 off of LMT. Depends on demand and the time of year

Archived