Buchart Gardens in Sept??

I've been at the Gardens in early Sept as part of my honeymoon, wonderfu during the day!

If you are only there for the evening than I'd have to think hard. Its a long drive regardless if you do it by ship or private. While it is pretty in the evening I wouldn't do it personally. Even if they have the fireworks I didn't find it worthwhile and we went in July.

September is still very much part of the summer season with some of the fall colours just beginning to transition....so yes the Gardens are very much worth visiting in September. The illumination in the evening is really quite lovely however the fireworks only take place on Saturday evenings with the last event scheduled for September 1st this year. I think the one thing that you would have to watch is your time. I believe that at least one of the ships is in Victoria only for a few hours this year and unless you have a full 2.5 to 3 hrs at the Gardens you are not getting full value plus you need to allow 45 mins of travel in either direction.

Is it worth it to do Buchart Gardens in September?

Yes, we went 9-2011 after an AK cruise. Butchart Gardens is beautiful any season.

We took the public bus as we were staying in Victoria for 2 nights and had time to take the bus.(1hr. minimum each way from downtown)

• 3 weeks later...
Hopefully they stay open till 10 for the cruise ships. Princess says we return to ship at 10:45, I think I may call Butchart just to do a double check

Dont' worry, they will close the gates at 9:00 but won't kick everyone out; you will still be able to wander until your bus departs.

• 6 months later...

I must say that I was very disappointed going to Butchart in Sept. It was very dark and the only pics that I could take were of close ups with the flash. It was dark walking on the pathways and I felt they could have had more stuff it up. It looks like an amazing place (and it was amazing), but I was disappointed, as I love to take pics

Archived