Winter sailing

KroozeKid

Just got back from our Star cruise and spent a couple of days in Florida before and one after. Weather was very nice, high 80's the day we left and 70's prior to the cruise. Our Jan. 2011 cruise it was cool in Florida (60's) but nice in the Bahamas (70's).

Just got back from our Star cruise and spent a couple of days in Florida before and one after. Weather was very nice, high 80's the day we left and 70's prior to the cruise. Our Jan. 2011 cruise it was cool in Florida (60's) but nice in the Bahamas (70's).

I am booked on the star for Nov. Are you going to post your trip review? Always looking for ideas!

:)

Did this cruise a couple of years back in April. Sunday was very cool in Ny, monday storm off the coast of the carolinas, stayed inside. Arrived in Fla. and of course they were having a strange cold spell. 60 in Miami! We froze on our shore Excursion! Bahamas was nice and hot. You can never be too sure, check the weather forcast for those areas before you go, but, I like to bring long pants and a jacket or sweater and a emergency rain poncho with me. You never know. Also, it gets cool on deck after the sun goes down and windy. Inside the ship It's cool because of the air conditioning. So be prepared just in case!

I am booked on the star for Nov. Are you going to post your trip review? Always looking for ideas!

:)

I did post it on the boards but haven't submitted it yet to the review section. Hopefully later today. If you go back 3 or 4 pages you should find it. Our sailing was 1/29. We had a great time and loved the ship. I think I like the Eastern Caribbean ports better than the Western but all in all had a great time. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Did this cruise a couple of years back in April. Sunday was very cool in Ny, monday storm off the coast of the carolinas, stayed inside. Arrived in Fla. and of course they were having a strange cold spell. 60 in Miami! We froze on our shore Excursion! Bahamas was nice and hot. You can never be too sure, check the weather forcast for those areas before you go, but, I like to bring long pants and a jacket or sweater and a emergency rain poncho with me. You never know. Also, it gets cool on deck after the sun goes down and windy. Inside the ship It's cool because of the air conditioning. So be prepared just in case!

Back when our DS was 5 (he's almost 20 now) we took a trip in March to Disney. It was cold and windy in the 50's everyday but not a cloud in the sky. Both of the Disney water parks were closed for the week because of the weather. We wore just about everything we brought at one time just to stay warm:eek:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived