Dining

apech782

We booked a cruise close to the time of sailing, and as of right now, it looks like all of the dining times have a waitlist. What does this mean exactly? How can they all have a waitlist? Just curious.. thanks!

They do this a certain time out from the cruise. You will get your dining assignment on your Sign and Sail card when you check in.

We booked a cruise close to the time of sailing, and as of right now, it looks like all of the dining times have a waitlist. What does this mean exactly? How can they all have a waitlist? Just curious.. thanks!

If you are wait listed you may not get to eat!:eek: JK.... When you book late for a cruise they may wait to see where they have the most room. Usually if you are assinged the late seating and want the early seating you can change if you ask as soon as you board. You will usually have to go to the dining room to make this change. We have always had the seatin of our choice. Just don't wait long after boarding if you want to switch from your assinged seating time.

If you are wait listed you may not get to eat!:eek: JK.... When you book late for a cruise they may wait to see where they have the most room. Usually if you are assinged the late seating and want the early seating you can change if you ask as soon as you board. You will usually have to go to the dining room to make this change. We have always had the seatin of our choice. Just don't wait long after boarding if you want to switch from your assinged seating time.

Haha :) Thank you. We booked late last year, and only one dining time was available, so we selected it. I was just a little confused by "waitlist" being listed by each time. We don't really care which time we get, as long as WMC able to be eaten LOL :cool:

People who are platinum get their time, then everyone else will be assigned.

This isn't always the case. If a platinum person books the cruise only a few weeks out, they might not get their dining choice. Saw this happen to a Platinum couple who got stuck with Late and wanted Early, couldn't get it and decided to eat at the buffet for the cruise.

This isn't always the case. If a platinum person books the cruise only a few weeks out, they might not get their dining choice. Saw this happen to a Platinum couple who got stuck with Late and wanted Early, couldn't get it and decided to eat at the buffet for the cruise.

We have 35 CCL cruises and have never had a problem with the platinum dining quarntee. The website states that platinum and milestone will get the dining time of their choice. I would assume that they keep some people waitlisted until the very end to make sure all vips get this. Either the ship made a big mistake or you misheard. There is no way I'd eat at the lido the whole cruise. They would at least have to give me ATD, since this is not assigned and an extra two people would not make a big difference.

We have 35 CCL cruises and have never had a problem with the platinum dining quarntee. The website states that platinum and milestone will get the dining time of their choice. I would assume that they keep some people waitlisted until the very end to make sure all vips get this. Either the ship made a big mistake or you misheard. There is no way I'd eat at the lido the whole cruise. They would at least have to give me ATD, since this is not assigned and an extra two people would not make a big difference.

Nope. Didn't mishear. They were in front of us at the Maitre d' station at the beginning of the cruise and asked to be changed. Saw them later up at the buffet and they told us they couldn't get their dining changed to the Early seating. This was before ATD was an option. They didn't seem to mind.

Archived