Changing Carpet

fischymom

Just thought about when we were on our Alaskian cruise last August. Anyway one day ( I believe we were on a port day) they changed the whole hallway carpet on our 2nd floor. Just seems strange now that I think back on it that they would do that mid cruise. I know that they are planning on drydocking it so why do it then? They changed the whole style of carpet and everything. No funny smells from the old carpet, no major discolorations that I noticed. Just strikes me so odd now that I think back on it.

We just got offof the Seranade[second week of our B2B] last Saturday.On friday night of the first week we were told that we will be docking earlier then we were suppose to in San Juan,when we got up in the morning we went to the pool and they had picked up all the carpeting and replaced all around the pool.

Just thought about when we were on our Alaskian cruise last August. Anyway one day ( I believe we were on a port day) they changed the whole hallway carpet on our 2nd floor. Just seems strange now that I think back on it that they would do that mid cruise. I know that they are planning on drydocking it so why do it then? They changed the whole style of carpet and everything. No funny smells from the old carpet, no major discolorations that I noticed. Just strikes me so odd now that I think back on it.

This is called on going maintenance and is something that can be done while the ship is in service with minimal inconvenience to passengers.

We had something similar happen to us on one of our sailings.. They wanted to replace the carpet in our cabin and asked us to select a time that would be convenient... in other words, when we could stay out of the cabin for 2 or 3 hours. In return, we were given a bottle of wine at dinner that night and returned to find some chocolate covered strawberries in the cabin. :D .. Oh and a note apologizing for the inconvenience! :p

Archived