Anytime Dining Concern...

skittl1321

Just to prove I can worry about anything...

So I just realized, if I don't have to wait until 8:00 to go eat dinner, when will I ever get room service? I always order a chicken fajita wrap and a BLT after getting back from port and preparing for the LONG wait for dinner. Now I can just go to dinner.

OH NO! Those sandwiches are like half the reason to take a cruise...

I am excited about all the comedy shows that we always missed due to late seating though :)

But man, I can taste those sandwiches already!

You can still order the sandwiches for lunch on sea days! I love that chicken wrap too!:)

But then when do I get to eat all the yummy lunch time food?

There is just too much good food and not enough time to eat it all! Thank goodness I'm not really one for pizza- when would I fit that into the rotation? (DH gets pizza while I shower and wait for room service)

We have sent a request for Chef's Table, so now I'm worried which day in the MDR I'll miss- what if it's a great one?

The chicken wrap is MY FAVORITE. I bet Chef's Table can't even top the genius that is room service.

Just to prove I can worry about anything...

So I just realized, if I don't have to wait until 8:00 to go eat dinner, when will I ever get room service? I always order a chicken fajita wrap and a BLT after getting back from port and preparing for the LONG wait for dinner. Now I can just go to dinner.

OH NO! Those sandwiches are like half the reason to take a cruise...

I am excited about all the comedy shows that we always missed due to late seating though :)

But man, I can taste those sandwiches already!

Mid-night snack...somewhere between coming in for the evening and breakfast...

But then when do I get to eat all the yummy lunch time food?

There is just too much good food and not enough time to eat it all! Thank goodness I'm not really one for pizza- when would I fit that into the rotation? (DH gets pizza while I shower and wait for room service)

We have sent a request for Chef's Table, so now I'm worried which day in the MDR I'll miss- what if it's a great one?

The chicken wrap is MY FAVORITE. I bet Chef's Table can't even top the genius that is room service.

Yes, I know there is so much variety, that it is hard to try it all. Every cruise I say Im going try this or that, and then dont get around to it. I have a new cruise tradition. On the last day of the cruise, I dont eat lunch at the lido, but go back to my stateroom to do the dreaded task of packing the suitcase, usually around 2 or 3pm, and I order the chicken wrap sandwich to make up for the unpleasant task of packing. It helps a bit.:) Have a great cruise!

We did get the chocolate cake and the cheesecake once. I'm not much for desserts though, which is weird, because at home I have such a sweet tooth. We also once got the cookies because my Dad's only cruise complaint was he could never find a cookie, so we got them on the buffet, from the specialty shop, and room service JUST to take pictures.

I don't care for Carnival's sushi, so thankfully, I don't have that problem. I usually LOVE sushi, so I'm kind of glad Carnival's isn't to my taste. I just can't eat this much!!!

Tell me about the chef's table. You have to make reservations???

I only know what I've read here- there is a recent post "Chef's table - with spoilers" that has amazing pictures.

It is $75 and a very small group. A fixed menu with wine. On the Dream it is in the Galley, for others you get a galley tour and then it appears to be in the library. Very fancy foods.

I went through John Heald's blog for the request, but haven't heard back. I then read you can email the steakhouse or maitre'd for your ship, kind of wish I had done that. I don't know if we'll get the reservation or not.

That seems to be a common use of room service- but I'm usually asleep at midnight!

I'm sure I'll figure something out!

Maybe I can order when I get back from port, eat, then go down to the MDR and hope there is a wait while I digest. I'll be the only person who comes back from the cruise complaining ATD had no wait time. My future review: "I mean, they sat us right away! Come on!"

We usually go to the MDR every night, but after one of our port calls really wore us out. When we got back to our room to change for dinner, we realized we were too pooped to care. We ordered "comfort food" off the room service menu instead. DH had a PB&J and cookies. I had a BLT. You never know what you'll feel like doing...or not doing. :)

Archived