Drink ticket questions- please help me

lightnin

Hi, I'm new here...just wanted to say hello!

I have several drink ticket questions, I hope that a few resourceful people here can answer my questions!

We are sailing out of Galveston in Sept. 2012 and are hoping to save a little money by purchasing drink tickets in advance. Here goes:

1) Once you purchase drink tickets online, do they mail them or do you receive them once on board?

2) If you receive them once on board, when/where do they deliver them? Do you get them the first day, in other words?

3) Can the drink tickets still be used in port while waiting to ship off?

4) While in port, do they serve 12 ounce or 16 ounce beers? Does anyone recall the price of a 12 ounce Budlight? (I want to make sure I maximize my $ spent here).

Thanks in advance for the responses!!

We are sailing out of Galveston in Sept. 2012 and are hoping to save a little money by purchasing drink tickets in advance. Here goes:

1) Once you purchase drink tickets online, do they mail them or do you receive them once on board? You will receive them on board

2) If you receive them once on board, when/where do they deliver them? Do you get them the first day, in other words? Delivered to your table in the MDR the 1st evening

3) Can the drink tickets still be used in port while waiting to ship off? You can use any time the bars are open

4) While in port, do they serve 12 ounce or 16 ounce beers? Does anyone recall the price of a 12 ounce Budlight? (I want to make sure I maximize my $ spent here). 12 ounce Corona's were $1.00 at a little store we stopped at.

I have several drink ticket questions, I hope that a few resourceful people here can answer my questions!

1) Once you purchase drink tickets online, do they mail them or do you receive them once on board?

They will be in your cabin when you get there.

2) If you receive them once on board, when/where do they deliver them? Do you get them the first day, in other words?

See above.

3) Can the drink tickets still be used in port while waiting to ship off?

Yes.

4) While in port, do they serve 12 ounce or 16 ounce beers? Does anyone recall the price of a 12 ounce Budlight? (I want to make sure I maximize my $ spent here).

Both. Bud Light is $5.75.

Each ticket will buy you one 16oz. beer. You can combine all four to get a bucket but that will mean you lose the $2 discount. If the drink you get with a ticket costs more than $5.75, they will charge the remainder to your Sail and Sign. You can combine 4 tickets and get a bottle of wine.

I think that the better way to go is to buy Fun Ship Dollars and have them applied to OBC. Then just use your Sail and Sign to pay for everything.

Thanks for all your responses!! I do realize what the savings are, so that's why I'm interested in purchasing them.

I guess what one of my main concerns is that Carnival's website says something to the effect that due to Texas liquor laws some bon voyage items cannot be delivered till the next day.

Drink Coupons

Both Alcohol and Soda Drink coupons are available for purchase through Bon Voyage. You can purchase them through Bon Voyage By Phone or through Bon Voyage Online. They are sold in groups of four coupons. They do not save you anything other than the 15% added gratuity that is applied when paying for drinks with your Sail & Sign Card. This DOES NOT stop your waiter/bartender from getting a tip on your purchase with drink coupons. They still get a tip and the actual price savings you are getting is coming from a reduced drink price. The drink price reduction occurs when the coupon is entered into the computer system.

Any drinks valued over the face value of the drink coupon (over $5.75 for alcohol, and over $1.95 for soda) will have the difference in value charged to your Sail & Sign account, in most cases. Sometimes, when the value is close you will not be charged the difference, this is all dependent on your bartender. Carnival's policy is to charge any difference. On a $5.75 alcoholic drink the savings comes to $0.87 cents, on a $1.95 soda the savings comes to $0.30 cents.

One of the few instances I have seen where drink coupons have generally saved cruisers more is if you are a Guinness drinker. Guinness is priced at $5.95/beer onboard, which is only $0.20 cents over the coupon value, and in many instances cruisers have not been charged this difference. So, you are paying $5.75 for a Guinness instead of $5.95 + 15% gratuity = $6.85. The savings in this case is $1.10/beer by using a drink coupon.

Drink Coupon Facts:

• Drink coupons are nonrefundable.
  • Drink coupons do not expire and can be used on future cruises.
  • Drink coupons do not stop your waiter/bartender from getting a tip.
  • Drink coupons cannot be used for room service or drinks in the mini-fridge in your cabin.
  • Drink coupons are delivered to you in the Main Dining Room by the Maître d on the first night you choose to dine there. If you do not plan on dining in the Main Dining Room but still want your coupons just stop by and pick them up from the Maître d any night.
  • Carnival's policy is to charge your Sail & Sign Card for the difference in price from the face value of the drink coupon to a higher priced drink. You may get lucky and not be charged.
  • If you use a drink coupon for a drink of lesser value than the face value of the drink coupon you will lose that money.

3) Can the drink tickets still be used in port while waiting to ship off? They can be used in all ports waiting to ship off except the port you are leaving from as you won't get the tickets until you go to dinner that night...

I agree with the other poster that mention buying the funship dollars, you may not save a few cents on gratuity but you also don't have to carry drink coupons around with you...

• Drink coupons are delivered to you in the Main Dining Room by the Maître d on the first night you choose to dine there.

:confused:

We were on the Spirit in October celebrating my son's birthday. His grandmother had ordered drink tickets in advance for him. The tickets were waiting for us when we got to our cabin at embarkation.

Tracyanns-

What if I have anytime dining? How does that work delivering it to my dining room? They won't know when I'm coming...

When you go to the dining room for dinner each night you give them your cabin number each night and they keep track of where you are seated...they find you. They found us with no issues on our last cruise. If for some reason they don't, just ask your waiter or the hostess when you are leaving...

I have ordered on-line for my drink and soda coupons for our upcoming cruise. When I added them into my shopping cart, the drop down options asked when I want them delivered, the only option to choose is "Night 1". I had assumed the coupons would be delivered to my stateroom with my BV order ....:confused:

Archived