Flavors of san juan

swelch

Has anyone done this tour? I did a search before I posted this, and I didn't find anything, which surprised me since it's highly rated on Tripadvisor! Anyways, I have this booked in March and I will write in and review when I get back!

Maybe I don't know how to search correctly. I never "google" search. I guess it's about time I learn. What I meant was a search of these boards for "Flavors of San Juan" turned up nothing. I read all about it on tripadvisor, and that is why I indeed booked our private tour. I was hoping to get even more information and jazzed to take this tour through reviews on these boards. I will definitely post my review when I get back for other "google search challenged" old people like myself!

Just learned how to do a google search!!! Wow, where have I been???? Thanks so much for posting! I can't believe how much better the results are than the way I have been doing it in the past! Thanks!!!

• 1 month later...

Wow, wow, wow!!!!! That absolutely sums it up!! We had a party of 14. Every single last one of us were so overwhelmed with the quality of this tour! The food was absolutely phenomenal and our tour guide/director Paulina was energetic, informative, and as charming as is humanly possible!

We had a red-eye flight out of SFO and had very little to no sleep, but I decided to book this tour anyway, figuring we would just go straight to bed and waste our first night in San Juan if we didn't. Plus, it was a great way to learn about the City and how to navigate it so we could use that knowledge the next full day we had to explore. I am so very, very glad I did exactly that. Every one of us used the knowledge gained from the tour on Friday night to get the most out of San Juan for our precious Saturday in this fabulous city! We all did separate things but felt confident about what we were doing, and all of us re-visited at least one if not more of the establishments that Paulina introduced us to. Our group ranged in age from 25 to 71 years old.

We started at an out-of-the-way place that there is no way in heck I ever would have found on my own. It was very hidden, classy and absolutely delicious!! I am not going to give details unless you specifically ask me because I think it would kind of spoil the fun a bit.

Next we had the best mojito I have ever had in my life paired with a very satisfying and delicious food pairing. Again, I will not divulge details on the food unless you specifically ask me, but I don't think you should spoil the surprise. Next we walked to another quaint out-of-the-way establishment to try Puerto Rican specialties such as mofongo and beans and rice. Now I have had mofongo before, but I thought it was rather bland. Well, let me tell you, there was NOTHING bland about this mofongo!!!!!! And the beans and rice were spectacular!!! YUMMMMMMM!!! Last but certainly not least we walked to a cozy little bar/tavern type place and had dessert with coffee. Again, delicious!! En route we were treated to a walking tour explaining the City's history and the buildings were were walking past. It was absolutely magical!!! And, remember, we were completely exhausted from our flight, and sometimes it was pouring down rain. Yet every single one of us were completely thrilled! We even had some extremely picky eaters in our group, and they were very satisfied with this tour as well!!

I know I am using way too many exclamation points in this review, but I guarantee you, if you take this tour you will find yourself doing the same! Guaranteed!!!!! Bless you, Paulina!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to put in my 2 cents for this tour!! We went last Monday, April 16. Met Kris and 2 other couples and proceeded to tour and eat! Excellent way to spend a few hours in the evening in San Juan. Kris was an excellent tour guide, the restaurants and food were excellent, and the whole experience was great! We highly recommend it!

• 3 months later...
Can you tell me a little about it? At $69 a head it seems like a rather expensive lunch...what else adds value to it?

It really is a tour with the food stops added in. Our guide walked us around all of Old San Juan, giving us a history lesson and sharing her knowledge of the city. We would then make one of the food stops, where we learned about the cuisine and the restaurant. After eating, we moved on to a different part of Old San Juan. We really felt the tour and the food were well worth the price.

Here are a few pictures of the food and locations.

Pollo and Platanos

EclipseCruise039.jpg

Pina Colada!!

EclipseCruise042.jpg

Mojito and Scallop Risotto

EclipseCruise050.jpg

One of the Restaurants

EclipseCruise054.jpg

Thanks for the added info. My wife is Puerto Rican so I am already familiar with and love the food. I just wanted to make sure I was not just getting a $276 lunch for four :p

It really is a tour with the food stops added in. Our guide walked us around all of Old San Juan, giving us a history lesson and sharing her knowledge of the city. We would then make one of the food stops, where we learned about the cuisine and the restaurant. After eating, we moved on to a different part of Old San Juan. We really felt the tour and the food were well worth the price.

Here are a few pictures of the food and locations.

Pollo and Platanos

EclipseCruise039.jpg

Pina Colada!!

EclipseCruise042.jpg

Mojito and Scallop Risotto

EclipseCruise050.jpg

One of the Restaurants

EclipseCruise054.jpg

Archived